Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - Rivalry

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Rivalry

Rivalry
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/rivalry

Do everything, get nothing done.

Anonymous

I was on a big name sports project. Everything was going well, and I steadily bumped my hours from 21 to 40 during my first 6 months.

I got more and more leadership roles, then one day nearing beta they announced a special demo mode for previous game owners, I had already had leadership in one area of the game, so they gave me leadership over the new demo mode as well! I had be in contact with QA in another state where the game was being developed while still being in charge of another part of the game. I’m a lowly contractor, but hey the job was kind of easy.

As we kept nearing beta, i eventually hit a week where I did not submit any bugs. I had been running back and forth giving new builds out, checking old bugs out to make sure they were fixed, and if not, I’d have to download a new build and check it on there, then submit a bug SPECIFIC for just that build if it was on there.

After a while I realized I was staying extremely busy but nothing was ACTUALLY getting done… So fast forward a few months, the beta’s done and getting ready to get certified. People are getting moved off the project and you know what us leads do? Play games, browse the net, and go around the building… me included.

Then I got moved to an extremely easy project. I love being in QA. It’s so good.

Geth on

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive Damn these electric sex pants! Registered User regular
    70% of bats are insectivores. Get it right, Bat Guy.
    robothero wrote: »
    damn rhesus, you're like a cyclical procedure of poor decisions
    PSNID: RhesusPositive
    I'm doing Movember for Men's Health! Donate if you can - thanks.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I like the way Penis-guy his handling this. What's his name. Sucks penis.
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Re: Story

Yay, I guess? I'm not sure what I'm cheering for.
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    I'm not a vampire! I'm not a vampire bat!

Says the guy dressed as a vampire.
    steam_sig.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher The bat The caveRegistered User regular
    Comic is good
    and the guy in the tale is the bad guy in all other tales.
    Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    There's something adorable about a grown person dressing as a vampire but insisting they are a bat.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Keep reminding us all what a total ass you are, Isaac.
    (Pretty clear by now why (1) he's no longer a developer and (2) he was, and perhaps still is, living out of his car.)
    steam_sig.png
    Steam: Megajoule
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    Keep reminding us all what a total ass you are, Isaac.
    (Pretty clear by now why (1) he's no longer a developer and (2) he was, and perhaps still is, living out of his car.)

Why? Did he hire delusional bat-people too?
    steam_sig.png
  • TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Regardless of the accuracy or legitimacy of how the dude self-identifies, Isaac is jamming his face down the gift-horses mouth with the passion of an Olympiad. Dumb.
    Gamertag- Travan7838

camo_sig.png
  • fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    Isaac is a full-blown hero in this strip. He's finally redeemed himself.
    Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • ragnarok628ragnarok628 Registered User regular
    i am curious to see where this goes. isaac is acting like a bully all of the sudden... why? i bet there's a pretty good reason, and i like how this scene shows that isaac is a complicated character. it's more than OK to have the protagonist be a jerk sometimes, it makes a more interesting story.
  • Music-chanMusic-chan Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder if Isaac is actually a jerk or being sincere about things in a totally insincere way. Either way, I find it amusing.
    i am curious to see where this goes. isaac is acting like a bully all of the sudden... why? i bet there's a pretty good reason, and i like how this scene shows that isaac is a complicated character. it's more than OK to have the protagonist be a jerk sometimes, it makes a more interesting story.

He's teasing bat guy because believing that you are actually a bat is so fundamentally ridiculous that you can't help but make jokes.

People also laugh at clowns.
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

He's teasing bat guy because believing that you are actually a bat is so fundamentally ridiculous that you can't help but make jokes.

Batman doesn't.
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Batman doesn't.

Batman doesn't think he's a bat, he has harnessed the instinctual power of the bat to strike fear into the heart of his enemies.

Duh.
  • CambiataCambiata I'm an alchemist and the beat is my base metal Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Batman doesn't.

Batman doesn't think he's a bat, he has harnessed the instinctual power of the bat to strike fear into the heart of his enemies.

Duh.

But there are so many other reasons to laugh at Batman.

2009-11-05-underwear.png
    -Tal wrote:
    If you don't develop Stockholm Syndrome, it's not a real RPG.
    Steam
    Origin ID: jazzmess
    Amazon Wishlist
    A dude who needs super underwear to control his junk is a pretty daunting dude. Seriously. You don't want to get hit in the head by that when he does a flip over you.