Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

OOC: Star Wars Into the Unknown

2»

• SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    No rush or anything but I'd love to get this campaign rolling either Wednesday or Thursday of this week if possible. Glad to see that we have the surrogate family bound for the darkest most terrifying regions of space.
    My Games

GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi

GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- WIthdrawn due to injury.
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    I'm almost done with Titus, just tweaking a few things.
    camo_sig2.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Cool Sak. I'll try and step up my work on Jado's life between campaigns.

Main things I'm thinking:

- Jado was accepted into the new Order
    - Something pretty terrible happened around the time Palpatine resurfaced- she had an encounter with the dark side that she doesn't talk about, but that caused her to distrust the established Jedi Council
    - Jado has spent the last few years as technically a card-carrying Jedi, though keeping the order at arm's length. She's wandered about trying to help people by herself and by and large has had some success- though usually the stuff she does ends up getting bad again once she's gone, or being in a very limited scope. Hopefully one or both of her mentors would have become involved at certain points, but she would go back to working alone from there, whenever possible.
    - Her little fan base has grown- in certain pockets of the galaxy she's quite well known and well respected, though it's pretty much just a pain for her most of the time.
    - At this point she's looking back on what they were able to accomplish on Naboo and considering working with others again on a larger scale. Her optimism and good humor are quite frayed at the edges, though. Things haven't gone according to plan for the last little while, and she's looking a bit grim.
    Skid sent you a PM on what I was thinking for Titus.
    camo_sig2.png
    Post updated, including statsheet, background, and questions.
    camo_sig2.png
  • KlivianKlivian Registered User regular
    This sounds like one of those old movies where the fellas are down on their luck and scrape up enough cash to travel out west in hopes to start over.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

Heir I love what you and El Skid worked out for Titus, and the way you wrote it was fantastic. Thanks for going to so much effort.

El Skid all I need from you at this point is an answer to those questions, also I think the post where you had your character sheet is no longer working properly. Not a big deal since I have your sheet from the old game.

If there are no objections I think I'll try to get the game proper started on Thursday or very late today.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

That's fine, Sak. There's more past that we could probably build up, but I'm also a fan of leaving things vague and then making stuff up on the fly as it's convenient for the narrative, so I think we're good to go whenever.

I'll post my character in this thread levelled back down and slightly tweaked(if that's okay) for your perusal today.
    Leaving things a bit vague also leaves you guys some room to add things in as we play which is always good. Don't get me wrong I love detailed histories but they can be a bit restrictive.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

I found a better picture for Tendau that reflects the spice addiction he developed:
    GasDrivesMeCrazy.JPG
    That image is going to haunt my dreams.

I do like the spice addiction idea though, especially the intervention that would inevitably happen. Tendau's daughter and Jado could gang up on him.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

edited May 2013
    Updated Jado!

Background:
    Jado Der'Merra was a quiet orphan girl of about 11, living on the grimy crime-riddled streets of the capital of Balosar when her life took a turn for the unexpected. Jado was a nascent telepath, able to project her thoughts to others, and happened to use her ability to warn a friend of the arrival of a human (a rarity on these streets). Unfortunately for Jado (or fortunately, as she later came to believe), the human was actually a washed out Padawan named Titus Antares.

Once he tracked her down and explained that she seemed to be very strong in the force, and that she could have a life outside the squalor of Balosar, she readily accepted. Over time, the two became close- part master and student (though Titus denies vehemently that he could be her Master), part father and daughter (as each had lost their real daughter/father before), the pair would quickly become inseparable.

4 years later, at the age of 15, she is an independent young woman who firmly supports the Rebel alliance and yearns to do her part for the cause, and whose mastery of the force is surpassed by very few left in the galaxy. Several think that she will play a large role in restoring the Jedi order, if she can survive long enough of course.

Over the last few years, Jado was accepted into the new Jedi Order, but events within the order left her disquieted. Though she remains a Jedi in name, she has distanced herself from the Order in the past few years, preferring to attempt to influence things on her own. Her former master, Titus, has gone into seclusion. Jado still visits him occasionally and has asked for his help a time or two, but the two are no longer as close as she would like.

Jado has also acquired a number of supporters in her journeys- people who approve of her selfless devotion to others and prowess with the force. Unfortunately, she does not have any control over them, and many have ambitions to create a powerful political faction with her at the center- something she is decidedly against.

<New!> Questions!
    1. Why is your character willing to travel into the Unknown Regions?

Jado is wary of the Order after it was nearly subverted by the dark side. This trip gives Jado a chance to work together with her old friends, using the resources of a large organization, without that organization being able to corrupt her actions.

2. What is one rumor your character has heard about the Unknown Regions that interests them?

She has heard a rumor of a Utopic civilization where peace thrives and all hunger and suffering has been all but eliminated. She needs to see this place and how it is accomplished, with the hopes of ending dispair in her own neck of the galaxy.

3. What is your character leaving behind?

Her doubts. Her uncertainty. Galactic politics, and those who are trying to get her to play in it. The past few years have not been good ones for Jado, though she has met with moderate success and admiration in her travels. At the end of the day, she was not able to do what she wanted alone, which was to have a lasting positive impact on the galaxy. All she was able to do alone was to stop some of the symptoms and make things temporarily better, and she needs to do more. This is her opportunity to start anew without all the baggage she carries in the known galaxy.

Portrait:
    jado.jpg

<need to find an updated one>

Statblock:
    Jado Der'Merra CL 5

Medium Balosar jedi 5
    Force 7; Dark Side 0
    Init +6; Senses Low-light vision, Perception +3(+16 Force Perception)
    Languages Basic, Balosar

Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 16), Fort 15, Will 17
    hp 69; Threshold 15

Speed 6 squares
    Melee lightsaber +7 (2d8+2)
    Base Atk +5; Grp +10
    Special Actions Deflect, Block
    Force Powers Known (Use The Force +16) Mind Trick, Vital Transfer, Negate Energy

Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18
    Special Qualities: reroll Perception of sound, +5 Fort Def v. poison, +2 Will Def v. Deception & Persuasion
    Talents Deflect, Telepathic Link, Force Perception, Block
    Feats Force Sensitive, Force Training (x1), Skill Focus (x1), Skill Training (x1), Strong in the Force, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple)
    Skills Acrobatics +11, Knowledge (Life Sciences) +7, Use the Force +16 (may reroll to search their feelings or sense the Force and keep the better result)
    Possessions lightsaber (x1), all-temperature cloak (x1), medical kit (x1)

Note: I took the opportunity to rejig a little bit now that I know more about how Jedi characters work. And had a bunch more stat points to play with :P
    El Skid on
    Hey guys I was thinking of giving the party a Trident-class Surveyor ship to explore the galaxy with. If anyone has a request though I'm open to them.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

Tendau would have his own science lab! That's very cool.

Don't know what size this expedition is supposed to be, but a medical droid on board the ship would be very welcome. Don't think any of us are surgeons or what have you.

Of course none of us are pilots, either.....

Also is Solar playing?
    I was planning to outfit your ship with a few droids, medical droid included of course.

I don't think Solar is playing because his time is very limited. I'm sad to lose him but there it is.
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

I think there's a really good RP opportunity for you guys if we start things off a little bit differently than I'd originally planned. I hope you'll all like what I've cooked up.

IC thread coming soon!
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch

Dun dun duuuuuuun