Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[PATV] Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Gabe Art Season 2, Ep. 2: Divisive (Realtime)

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Gabe Art Season 2, Ep. 2: Divisive (Realtime)

The comic created can be found here.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• escorialescorial Registered User regular
    I absolutely love these vids. Watching Gabe draw the strips is not only soothing, but for a comic artist like me a great inspiration and a continuous learning experience. I hope you guys do this more often... like one per day :)

Love in general PA TV, keep'em coming!!!

Thanks.
  • wn.mikewn.mike archi PTRegistered User regular
    I could not be happier with Penny Arcade and PATV content in both quantity and quality, theres strips with comments, reality show, art videos, soon podcasts, a convention I haven't got the pleasure to attend (but stream was amazing)...Checkpoint, Blaminations, extra credits, so much stuff!

Regarding this video, I now feel like trying this Manga Studio, even that my skills are poor and software won't make miracles hehe.
    By the way, just as a suggestion, it would be cool to switch between this camera and a direct view if the desktop, as you are doing on StripSearch. I mean, I love seeing Gabe tattooed arm :) but the I think could be cool to see the development of the drawing more direct.
  • wn.mikewn.mike archi PTRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling that when he was inking the first hand he was thinking "god damn you Kurtz!"
    Wn.mike, I am thinking as well about Manga Studio 5. I used to dislike the fact that the brush was alias, and although it may be good for coloring and avoiding white space between color and ink, I just could not look at it. Now, with the new version, you have the option to anti alias the brush. So I guess I will be dumping Photoshop :)