Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

PAX Forumer Pint Glasses

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
edited May 2013 in PAX Prime
PAXPint.JPG

It's that time again! Beer erm... non-specific liquid drinks for Everyone!

For 2013, the glass design has been switched up and now it's a 16oz Pint Glass. Use it for beer! Use it for soda! Just use it!

The glasses are actually in hand right now, here in Seattle. There are 150 for this first order and more will be ordered if we run out before PAX. You can pick yours up in the Ballard neighborhood any time by sending me a PM to schedule a time. Otherwise, pints can be mailed or picked up at PAX.

The ordering process is a bit more streamlined this time, and will be done only through WePay. You no pay, you no get glass. Please pay close attention to the WePay site and make sure you order the right thing as there are a handful of options.

link to order form

1. Pint Glasses are available for $6 each.
2. Excess monies outside of simple reimbursement will be donated to Child's Play.
3. Glass is heavy and breakable, ergo it's being shipped from a professional packing and mailing service.
4. All domestic shipping will be done via USPS flat rate box unless specially requested otherwise.
5. International, FedEx, UPS or Insured shipping will be invoiced on a one by one basis.

Shipping and Packing Costs
---a) Unpacked, Naked, Raw Pint Glass= $6 ea
---b) Packed in a luggage-safe travelling Box for Pick-Up at PAX = $2.25 + $6 Pint Glass = $8.25 Per Pint Glass
---c) 1 Pint Glass Shipped $15.20 + $2.25 for handling + $6 Pint Glass= $23.45
---d) 2 Pint Glasses Shipped $15.20 + $4.50 for handling + $12 Pint Glasses= $31.70
---e) 3 Pint Glasses Shipped $15.20 + $6.75 for handling + $18 Pint Glasses = $39.95
---f) 4 Pint Glasses Shipped $21.25 + $9.00 for handling + $24 Pint Glasses = $54.25
---g)5 Pint Glasses Shipped $21.25 + $11.25 for handling + $30 Pint Glasses = $62.50
---h)6 Pint Glasses Shipped $21.25 + $13.50 for handling + $36 Pint Glasses = $70.75

PAX Pickup Schedule
Pre-PAX Boardgame night at the Sheraton
Other pickups TBD contingent on the publication of the PAX Schedule.

FAQ

I goofed up / changed my mind / had an epiphany. Now I want to change my order. Can I?
Yes, just send me a PM with the pertinent information

Can I get a refund if I don't like it?
No. There's a photo in the post. Look at it.

Can I get a refund or replacement if it arrives broken?
Of course. Or for any other good reason.

Are these dishwasher safe?
Yes! I found out they are. Just not in the special hard-water dishwashing soap for people living in mountain hermitages.

Do these say "PAX Prime"?
No.

Do they say 2013?
No.

Well why not?!
Because.

Okay no, seriously, it's because the PAX forum community is boundary-less, and stretches far across the borders of mere PAX events. We're forumers everywhere, all the time, like one big dysfunctional family who doesn't know what each other looks like.

I missed my pickup at PAX! What do I do?
Post-PAX Seattle pickups or mailings can be arranged. PM me if you need to schedule one.

Any missed pickups that are not claimed by Sept 7 2013 will go back into the ordering pool without a refund. Thank you for supporting Child's Play.

D'oh! I really wanted one of these but didn't see the thread until it was sold out. Are there any more?
Any missed pickups that are unclaimed by Sept. 7 will be available for order. Otherwise, there's a pretty sure chance that @Punzie will be doing another round of these for PAX East in 2014.
If you're not part of the Cookie Brigade, you're doing it wrong.

Looking for fun stuff to do before and after PAX? Here's a handy PAX Event Sticky!

Check out www.feastygeeks.blogspot.com for your geek, game and meme recipe needs.
LexiconGrrl on

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Woot! 2nd year pint glass incoming :) Waiting patiently for the order link
    Track Record: ~Prime '12
    Prime '13 Stats: 4 Day Badge [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [ ] Waiting Patiently [✓]
    Extras: Buttons (ordered) [ ] Buttons (received) [ ] Challenge Coin [ ] Lapel Pin [ ]
  • bloatedhippobloatedhippo I enjoy video games. San Francisco-ishRegistered User regular
    Yup, I'm in.
    brigadebanner2013.png
  • vespachicavespachica Registered User regular
    Dude. My glass needs a mate. And I can also vouch for the dishwasher safe-y-ness. Not that I let anyone but me drink from it, mind you.
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Bump. Order link and pricing is posted.

Looking for fun stuff to do before and after PAX? Here's a handy PAX Event Sticky!

Check out www.feastygeeks.blogspot.com for your geek, game and meme recipe needs.
  • bloatedhippobloatedhippo I enjoy video games. San Francisco-ishRegistered User regular
    Just ordered mine. Figured I'd save some money and just pick it up in the box at PAX in time for festivities.
    brigadebanner2013.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Very cool, going to order one now. It'll go good with the forumer beer stein!

I'm not far from Seattle but I rarely get a chance to get in the city. Maybe if you're going to the OMGWTFBBQ I could pick it up there? Otherwise if I get another chance I'll PM ya.
    Coldbrew on
    M11_logo_gray_small.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Registered User regular
    I have purchased my pint glass. I shall be collecting it from PAX itself. This makes me a happy person :rotate:
  • Kaoken00Kaoken00 Registered User regular
    So i just bought 3 and paid for shipping do I have to pick up at pax or is it going to be mailed I don't understand what is the default option.
  • H2OCakeisalieH2OCakeisalie Registered User regular
    Kaoken00 wrote: »
    So i just bought 3 and paid for shipping do I have to pick up at pax or is it going to be mailed I don't understand what is the default option.

the default is you pick them up in seattle during PAX what you paid for is to have them shipped to you so now its playing the waiting game
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Ooof. Do I need another one? They are so gorgeous.

Oh. Wait. What I have from last year is a stein, this is a pint. So it seems that yes I do. =P
    Twitter: LittleMsRachel | Steam: LittleMissRachel
    PAX Prime 2013 TODO: Passes [X] | Hotel [X] | Flight [X] | Time Off [X] | Wait Patiently [ ]
    Buttoneering TODO: Design [X] | Bonus? [ ] | Order [ ] | Receive! [ ]
    Forum Stuff TODO: PPD: [ ] | Girls' Meetup: [ ] | Coin [ ] | Dice [ ] | Badge [X] | Pint [ ] | Lapel Pin [ ]
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Definitely need one again this year. Last year was a life saver and became my cup for the weekend.
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    Yay!

Ordered a couple, Lexi. :)
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    edited May 2013
    Kaoken00 wrote: »

There is no default option.

Unfortunately, WePay doesn't give enough flexibility around shipping rules. It's a little bit confusing.

If you order the shipping option, it includes the glasses and shipping (the item and cost breakdown are listed in the description). If you ordered shipping AND pint glasses, you doubled your order.

I'll look at the orders and if anybody looks like they doubled up, I'll contact them to confirm before finalizing the order.

If you did double up, the incorrect $$ will be refunded.
    LexiconGrrl on

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Registered User regular
    Ooof. Do I need another one? They are so gorgeous.

Oh. Wait. What I have from last year is a stein, this is a pint. So it seems that yes I do. =P
    I was thinking the same thing. My pretty beer stein would look nice with a pint glass buddy...

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

- Pax Prime checklist: -Hotel [ x ] -Travel [ x ] -Time off [ x ] -Cosplay 1[ x ]2 [ _ ] - Buttoneer buttons [ _ ] Challenge Coin [ _ ] -Forum Pin [ _ ] -Forum Badge [ _ ] -Pax Dice [ _ ]
  • shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    guess I might as well book in my excess luggage fee in advance ;)
  • TgeeksterTgeekster Registered User new member
    Just ordered a pair so I can have a matching set to the steins.
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Cool cool. Steins last year vs pint glasses this year, I'm in.
    This was 'sort of' answered in the FAQ but not really...

Because the PAX pickup schedule isn't out yet, I was just going to order a 'naked' one without shipping and pick up at PAX
    BUT
    If it turns out the schedule doesn't work for me though, would I be able to add on shipping to my order?
    Serenity wrote: »
    Cool cool. Steins last year vs pint glasses this year, I'm in.
    This was 'sort of' answered in the FAQ but not really...

Because the PAX pickup schedule isn't out yet, I was just going to order a 'naked' one without shipping and pick up at PAX
    BUT
    If it turns out the schedule doesn't work for me though, would I be able to add on shipping to my order?

Sure. Just send me a PM if that happens and I'll send you an e-invoice for the difference.

• awyldknghtawyldknght Registered User regular
    Ordered mine finally. Will pick up at PAX. I also noted that on the invoice during checkout.
    [ X ] PAX Prime 2013 tickets purchased [ X ] Hotel Room booked
    [ ] PAX Coin Ordered/Reserved
    Hokay, the first three shipping orders are going out today. If you don't receive yours (you know who you are) by the end of the week, please send me a PM.

edited May 2013
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Very cool, going to order one now. It'll go good with the forumer beer stein!

I'm not far from Seattle but I rarely get a chance to get in the city. Maybe if you're going to the OMGWTFBBQ I could pick it up there? Otherwise if I get another chance I'll PM ya.

I recall this same conversation from last year! I often head up to Bellingham, so next time I'm driving North I'll give you a jingle and see if we can swing a meetup. I probably won't be at the BBQ this year.

However, I do live in the same neighborhood as the BBQ so you're welcome to swing by the shop on your way in or out to pick it up if you like.
    LexiconGrrl on

• S2000GanS2000Gan Registered User regular
    There was one last year?
    What did It look like? what volume?
    Clan Fuzzy Bunny
    My 405th Profile
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/160164/pax-forumer-beer-steins-sold-out/

• edgeofbladeedgeofblade 3rd Degree Leather Belt, Reversible Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/160164/pax-forumer-beer-steins-sold-out/

Which is a bit of a misnomer, one that's bugged me since last year. A "stein" - lit. "Stone" in German - should be earthenware and not glass. Of course, I'd love to see a true PAX bierstein with flip lid, but that would significantly increase the price.
    PAX Prime 2013 - 4x1 day passes - check, hotel - check, flight - check,
    freezing myself under a snowy avalanche and digging me out in time for PAX - chhhhhhhhhheck

PAX Prime: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
    Omeganaut: 2012
    TWDT 2013: ???
    There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

Which is a bit of a misnomer, one that's bugged me since last year. A "stein" - lit. "Stone" in German - should be earthenware and not glass. Of course, I'd love to see a true PAX bierstein with flip lid, but that would significantly increase the price.

The vendor that provides the glassware does have a non-lidded ceramic stein that potentially could be the option for 2014.

In the meantime, common names are common.

• ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    so next time I'm driving North I'll give you a jingle and see if we can swing a meetup.

However, I do live in the same neighborhood as the BBQ so you're welcome to swing by the shop on your way in or out to pick it up if you like.

I'm in north Lake Stevens, but I'd see if I could drop into Marysville for a quick meetup or something. Just depends on how busy work is.
    Otherwise I could drop in the day of the BBQ.
    M11_logo_gray_small.png
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

The vendor that provides the glassware does have a non-lidded ceramic stein that potentially could be the option for 2014.

You're really gonna make me buy a new one of these every year, aren't you? xD
    PAX Prime 2013 TODO: Passes [X] | Hotel [X] | Flight [X] | Time Off [X] | Wait Patiently [ ]
    Forum Stuff TODO: PPD: [ ] | Girls' Meetup: [ ] | Coin [ ] | Dice [ ] | Badge [X] | Pint [ ] | Lapel Pin [ ]
    There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

I think you should get at least one for free, since you were so helpful last year! :)

• Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    glasses ordered. Can't wait to fill mine with sweet, sweet, diet coke! Though @VintageEyes may have other plans for his
    Prime 2013 Status: [✓] Passes, [✓] Hotel, [✓] Friends, [  ] Travel, [✓] Unbearable Excitement

Attendee: East 2013

• S2000GanS2000Gan Registered User regular
    will have to see the PAX pickup info to figure out if I should just have it mailed or not.
    Clan Fuzzy Bunny
    My 405th Profile
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So is the luggage safe shipping box a 10x6x4 or something close to that cardboard box and some bubblewrap?
    sanovah on
    sanovah wrote: »
    So is the luggage safe shipping box a 10x6x4 or something close to that cardboard box and some bubblewrap?

Something like that. It depends on what the shipping service comes up with. Some boxes are bought new, some are repurposed.

There was one last year?

They were glass steins.

I think you should get at least one for free, since you were so helpful last year! :)

Hey, wouldn't hear me complain. =3

Was happy to help, though, and I'd be happy to do so again. ^_^
  • LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    My boyfriend and I just bought 3. Wish the beer steins were still available - those look pretty cool.
    PAX Prime 2013:
    4-Day Badge [✓] - Hotel Room [✓] - Pre-PAX Dinner [ ] - Waiting Impatiently [✓]

brigadebanner2013.png
  • shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular

if its anything like last year then it was way more than adequate packaging, mine for sure survived a ferry trip up to Victoria, then bus across to Vancouver and then the international flight back to the UK, and given the battering my suitcase took the box and glass were fine :)

if its anything like last year then it was way more than adequate packaging, mine for sure survived a ferry trip up to Victoria, then bus across to Vancouver and then the international flight back to the UK, and given the battering my suitcase took the box and glass were fine :)

Yes, Lexi packs them up quite well. And the box is nice and compact, so it's not only luggage-safe, but luggage-friendly. =)

That's what I like to hear! They're packed to withstand international travel and the 50 lb hammer mechanism that slams your bag along the luggage track.

• kube00kube00 Registered User regular
    I've got the mug from last year, I may have to get the glass as well! What a great price and thanks for putting this together!
    http://www.goozernation.com/
    All about video games and goozex

1st PAX was 2010, 2012 was great, 2013 will be even better, if I survive!
    Twitter:kube00
    So I just got a whole bunch of free packing material. It's prohibitively difficult to label each luggage safe box for each person at the pickups (since you don't know who's coming to which pickup), but if you're one of the lucky ones to score a box that's been packed with free material, there will be a cash refund inside for you.

BONUS!!

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Registered User regular
    I'll be putting my order in for one of these with luggage safe pickup on Friday. Yay payday!
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

- Pax Prime checklist: -Hotel [ x ] -Travel [ x ] -Time off [ x ] -Cosplay 1[ x ]2 [ _ ] - Buttoneer buttons [ _ ] Challenge Coin [ _ ] -Forum Pin [ _ ] -Forum Badge [ _ ] -Pax Dice [ _ ]