Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

MOTW 5/15/13: Just pay enough to keep me in dog food and gin

2»

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Bizarro-speak is never consistent. Writers only ever negate/reverse some of the word, which leads to me sitting over complex logic charts and tables and ripping my hair out.
    weapon_rex.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    Bizarro speak is the dumbest thing
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Bizarro speak is the dumbest thing

anti agree!
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Shouldn't Bizzaro be answering 'no' to Superman's questions?

Nobody can write Bizarro speak, because it's impossible to be consistent. At the point where you inverting the meaning of all words, it's unreadable.
    Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison wrote the best Bizarro-speak in All-Star Superman.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I also got my copy of Boulet's Darkness, in the mail this week. You can go read the whole thing right here, for free. And you can buy a copy here.
    oNmh0j5.png

fgDRJar.png

I really hope this book's successful enough, to get some of his other stuff in print. Because goddamn, that dude's good at comics.
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison wrote the best Bizarro-speak in All-Star Superman.

If that's the best, then I don't want to see the worst.

It's nothing against Morrison, but I usually had to reread just about every Bizarro sentence two or three times to get the meaning of it.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Know how when a comic does alien gibberish text, or a foreign language, they have the asterisk and then a little translation,..

WHY CAN'T THEY DO THAT FOR BIZARRO, deciphering this crap is not clever, writing it is not clever, and if it won't stop and least take the pain out of it with translation windows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    for me the entire appeal of Bizarro-speak is deciphering it
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Well, Superman is consistent in his speech patterns, therefore Bizzarro is not consistent.

Discrepancy solved!
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    award that man a no-prize!
    IQ41voQ.jpg