Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

So the [Duel of Champions] CCG is pretty fun.

2»

• EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    It's the max might/magic/resource levels required to play any card in the deck.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Neat advice.

I don't possess a demon hero that isn't Xorm though. Honestly the deck is just the cards that dropped in my box.
  • mogonkmogonk Registered User regular
    Selecta wrote: »
    mogonk wrote: »
    It's 4/4/1, but you can coast on 4/2/1
    This right here, what does it mean? I've been seeing numbers like that in decklist descriptions but I have no idea what it stands for.

Oh, it's just your attribute distribution. Might/Magic/Fortune. The thing to understand is that raising an attribute comes with the tradeoff of not being able to draw an extra card. So it's not just that your 6 costed fatty comes out slow, it's that he's costing you card advantage. There is basically no "serious" deck that runs more than 4 might. Some factions can get away with 3 might, notably Haven. More than 4 magic/fortune is pretty rare, but some decks do it.

To translate what I said about the I-Rush deck, you can bump might to 4 to get your best creatures out but leave magic at 2 for most of the game. The reason is that from 2 magic you can bump it at the top of the turn for Town Portal if necessary, and you have a good chance of knowing a turn in advance when you're going to need Fireball so you can bump twice and cast on the second turn. Since those two spells are the only 3+ magic reqs in the deck, you can safely play the majority of most games at 4/2/1 which lets you start drawing cards earlier.