Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[TRENCHES] Thursday, May 16, 2013 - Resonant

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Resonant

Resonant
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/resonant

Teehee

Anonymous

A little over four years ago, I was working in QA at a large publisher testing a music title of note. We were working 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday, and 7 AM to 4 PM on Saturday for about four months straight.

About a month into this overtime crunch, we got a build that implemented microphone input for the vocal sections (up till this point we had to use debug commands to automatically score 100%). I’m singing obnoxiously loud on a crowded floor where two testers share each cubicle when a lead comes up behind me and tells me through half-hidden chuckles to “shut the fuck up.”

Still singing, I pause the game to turn around, only to realize that the game is looping about one second of what I was singing into the mic when I paused it. Nodding to my lead, I turn around,  unpause the game, giggle, make a fart noise in the mic, and then immediately pause the game. Much to my excitement, the pause screen is looping the fart noise, creating an infinite fart.

The smile I had was one of pride as I watched the ensuing wave of laughter billow through the packed floor, leaving productivity utterly demolished, as if my fart noise was at first wind blowing through an open field, only to become a fart tornado of destruction.

Geth on

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Game of the fucking year.
    Pokemans FC (Black): 4598 9449 8185
    (Soul Silver): 4383 4318 1528
    Lv 85 Tauren Shaman Lv 85 Worgen Druid
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My enjoyment of the comic increases if I assume Isaac is being totally sincere in his appreciation of the triangle.
  • AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    These people are actually making the game? Who?!?
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Title of the comic fits the Tale perfectly.
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

Greatest Tale to date.
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Ori KleinOri Klein Registered User regular
    Juvenile and stupid.
    "Teehee" indeed.
  • SargonasSargonas San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    This is extra funny for me since based on what was said, I can safely assume there is a strong chance this story happened on the 4th floor of building 209 at EA which allows me to picture it in my mind quite clearly!
    fs_overall.png