Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Tales From The Trenches: Yah, thanks for that.

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

I was hired for my first job in the video game industry yesterday - as a QA tester. I thought it would be the best job ever. I was so excited that I started google searching for tester related stuff, and found this site.

Then I read the tales archive. My favourite one was where the guy works 70 hours a week for no pay while surrounded by hostile co-workers, and then gets laid off when the game is done. I’d give you the title, but I can’t remember - I read the same story so many times they’ve sort of
Geth on