Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Tales From The Trenches: Shock And Awe

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited June 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

I truly and honestly did not know what I was in for when I went from working QA on regular software to doing testing for the video games industry. I knew I’d be taking a hit to my pay: Regular QA work pays like a regular job, and on top of that it mostly has regular hours.

There is no “crunch” period to speak of.

And then I stumbled into a bugtesting job for a developer I won’t name, and to put it bluntly… Conditions were hell. Twelve to sixteen hours a day, most of those hours consisting of unpaid overtime, for
Geth on