Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Context is everything

124»

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Hand extended, holding a human heart.
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    06.jpg
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • NocrenNocren Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    If it weren't for my horse, I woulda gone to college.
    newSig.jpg
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    It's like the forum is regurgitating 10 years worth of partially-digested posts.
    uwsig2of.jpg
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I had no idea you could animate pngs

You can. However, that is not what you posted. You posted a .gif that was renamed .png, and your browser says "WAIT A FUCKING SECOND, THAT'S A FUCKIN' .GIF" because every .gif starts with "GIF", every .png starts with "ëPNG" (don't ask about the ë). Anyway: browser decodes the file as a .gif because it recognizes that the .png is not a .png, but is a .gif instead. You can view the actual file type through the image info function in your browser (well, Firefox says it, I dunno about anything else right now)

Similarly, lostwords posted a .jpg which, again, is a .gif, and therefore is displayed as one. There is no such thing as an animated .jpg.
    Garthor on
    Pony_Sig.png
  • B_RB_R 1991 Worthington Dart ChampionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sarksus wrote:
    As far as being destroyed, that kind of sucks, but I have learned to unattach myself from my character, where as long as the encounter from an outside perspective is cool and would be a good story to tell I don't mind dying.
    B_R on