Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Animal Crossing] New Leaf is coming - Anyone have any Cherries?

HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name.Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in Games and Technology
MTkkwRV.png

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - For Nintendo 3DS(XL)

Release Dates:
North America: June 09th 2013
Europe: June 14th 2013
Australia: June 15th 2013
Japan: Been out since freaking Nov 8th 2012. Lucky bastards.
skeldare wrote: »
Woo! Animal Crossing!

Don't forget to intend to buy this on Club Nintendo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895koqZvihI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pgg62DMyzyA#!

Some Screenshots: (7 To be exact)
Ml8DbZH.jpg
D383LyY.jpg
z9bf6L9.jpg
PR2vkKA.jpg
ThQSdzg.jpg
RriwD3y.jpg
1ZRZ3df.jpg

New Features:
A lot, actually. Unofficial list here: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Facts
  • You are the Mayor!
  • New Shops.
  • New Music!
  • An insane amount of customization. (Socks, Hats, Shoes, Skirts, Pants, Shirts, Paintings, Eye Contacts (Yes, eye contacts))
  • A neat new QR Code sharing system to save your patterns/designs and easily share them.
  • Re-Design of the town system. You can do a lot with it and in it, like swimming.
  • New Island (Remember the one from Gamecube? It is back!)
  • Nook is into Real Estate now. Slave labor probably still a thing.
  • Villagers are far far more diverse. Lots of new speech/interaction.
  • Dream World/Suite - Visit random player towns from all over the world (Even if you don't know them).
  • Run on the beach barefoot!
  • Tons and tons and tons and tons of new items. So many it's not even funny.
  • Characters now have "legs" and are a lot more detailed.
  • You can place your house anywhere in town. So can animal villagers.
  • Buy Fortune Cookies with Playcoins. (You know, those things you get for walking around with your 3DS in your pocket)
  • New plants!
  • New Fruits! (Lemons, Bananas, Mangoes, Persimmons, etc)
  • Customize the outside of your house!
  • Shopping Mall!
  • Mini-Games!
  • Much easier networking to visit towns.
  • Cross-town chat with friends in your friends list - without being in their town! Woot!

..and a lot more. Seriously the list is pretty big. Easily one of the largest upgrades/updates to Animal Crossing since its inception.

Penny-Arcade Animal Crossing: New Leaf Friend Codes:
I put together a simple way to keep track of our Friend Codes.

1) Submit your 3DS Friend Code here: (It is automatically added to the spreadsheet listed below.
http://bit.ly/pa-submit-friend-code

2) View the list of Friend Codes here:
Note: This list can only be seen through the direct link which can only be found in this thread and is omitted from search engines. Yay google.
http://bit.ly/pa-animalcrossing

If you're in the market for both Animal Crossing and a new 3DSXL - you can get your very own 200 dollar poptart!
hJXhFEv.png

Let's talk about Animal Crossing: New Leaf! (Older versions require a down payment of $9.99 + S.H)
HallowedFaith on

• RidleySariaRidleySaria Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah, Animal Crossing!

So what are you all naming your towns? I might go with Sanctuary in honor of Borderlands 2.
    zeldawideshot.jpg
    3DS Friend Code: 2664-2118-8366
    PSN & Wii U: RidleySaria
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    I always name mine Hyrule because I am a dork like that. I might switch it up though, see what I am feeling when I get the game. Which will be the midnight download.
  • Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    I am UNREASONABLY EXCITED for new Animal Crossing, goddamnit I've been itching for this game since they announced it.

Just looking at those screenshots of furniture makes me pumped. Look at that bloody sideboard, so cool.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    So you can issue Town Ordinances, but 'keep these chuckleheads from leaving after I gave them all that stuff' isn't one of them?
    steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Maaaaariooooooooo? Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Woo! Animal Crossing!

Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    idcard.php?type=3&style=1&name=skeldare&name2=1848-1663-9345
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Woo! Animal Crossing!

Crap I totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder! I should log into Club Nintendo more often, I always forget.
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I haven't played Animal Crossing since the gamecube days. I'm quite excited for this. I think I'll go with a digital purchase, just so I can have it on the machine whenever I want.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nicopernicus
    3DS friend code: 1993-7605-1096
    edited May 2013
    I think it's about 1gig, so make sure you have room for it. I too will get the download because I realized after downloading a few games, having quick access to them without the carts is nice. Most of my 3DS games are download now, and having access to them at midnight is really awesome.

This made me chuckle:

eXLHIJG.png
    HallowedFaith on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam Registered User regular
    I want to name my town something clever like Buttocks, as Tiny Cartridge did, but I also want to name it Ramen after my first town on AC for GC...
    sig2.jpg
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    So I'm trying to get into this right now, not sure what to think yet.
    Mostly, because I'm making slow progress and many features just aren't available yet. But I can confirm that the crosstown communication works great, I really cannot wait until everyone has the game, it will be fun! It's the first Nintendo game I've ever played, that had anything close to solid online integration.
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    That is very encouraging. Also i added you @carmofin
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nicopernicus
    3DS friend code: 1993-7605-1096
    carmofin wrote: »
    So I'm trying to get into this right now, not sure what to think yet.
    Mostly, because I'm making slow progress and many features just aren't available yet. But I can confirm that the crosstown communication works great, I really cannot wait until everyone has the game, it will be fun! It's the first Nintendo game I've ever played, that had anything close to solid online integration.

How do you have it a month early?
    edited May 2013
    Im supposed to review the game, though for the first time I wonder if I'm the right man. Looking into City Folk I see a lot of loud complaints that the game is always the same and everything is recycled. So as far as I can tell, most things still pretty much look the same, so I don't know if I can actually judge this at all.
    carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    edited May 2013
    Animal Crossings main formula doesn't change much, they just add new features and items. Kinda what I like about it. I know what game I am getting.

It's a day-to-day game, not something you're supposed to sit down and play 10 hours a day like most games. You get a full appreciation for AC over the course of an entire real-time year, so I imagine it's going to be difficult to review outside of that.
    HallowedFaith on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I'm getting it digitally, but in July. Club Nintendo is a mess, indeed.
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all Stupid Sexy FlandersRegistered User regular
    I need to have the physical cartridge for collecting purposes.
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    I'm getting it digitally, but in July. Club Nintendo is a mess, indeed.

You can safely buy it in the last week of june as you have over ten days to register it.
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all Stupid Sexy FlandersRegistered User regular
    New fruit like bananas, persimmons, and perfect fruit which sell for more.
    So hyped.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    This looks good. I'm even considering the 3DSXL bundle since I'm still using the original 3DS.
    steam_sig.png
    anoffday wrote: »
    This looks good. I'm even considering the 3DSXL bundle since I'm still using the original 3DS.

It's really not a bad idea. The 3DSXL is so much better than the standard 3DS if you ask me. They still don't have textured circlepads..*sigh* but it's really awesome. The screen quality is great and they did a reallyh good job with it.

I am considering picking up a cartridge version of it because I am broke and I can do trade-ins right now at Gamestop.. I don't want to, but I can get 28 bucks for Monster Hunter and if I throw in some random other game I don't play, i'll be able to get it without paying. Need to find out if they are doing any midnight releases.

I also apparently need a copy of Pokemon Heart Gold because starting with Black 2 is apparently a terrible idea but that's a whole other thing.

It's not a bad place to start. You can go back and forth pretty well between gen 4 and 5. Well you can't trade backwards or anything but playing B2 won't negate anything before or after.
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    Although HGSS are the superior games because of the touch screen controls, better world, and Totodile.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I could afford an XL for New Leaf.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
    gen 5's mechanics far outweigh the odd awesome crap that always seems to be misplaced transferring between the revisions/remakes and the next versions.

You've got what, three weeks of saving ahead of you to get an XL? If you need all the money then you're going to need to pick up some hours, sell some stuff, find a minor odd job, or cut 250ish dollars out of your budget, which depending on your situation is either easy with some sacrifice or impossible.

If you had another week or two you could try crowd funding it.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Animal Crossings main formula doesn't change much, they just add new features and items. Kinda what I like about it. I know what game I am getting.

Except they end up removing just as much as they add and yet it all still feels the same.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    City Folk was such a guilty pleasure. Sadly though, my 3DS has really sat dormant for awhile otherwise the bundle would be a no brainer. Still, it'd be something to do on my lunch break. Ha.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Maz-Maz- C'mon Donny! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'll probably be getting this as part of the "buy three, get one for free" promo Nintendo is running. I've only briefly played the one on the DS, other than that I'm a total AC noob. Is there anything I should know beforehand, i.e. can I irreversibly screw up somehow? Or should I just go in blind?

@HallowedFaith I just tried to register you as a friend, but it's telling me the friend code is incorrect.
    Maz- on
    zwischenablage01.gif
    Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Go in blind Maz-. Nothing you can really do to screw anything up.
    I'm really excited for this game too. My daughter is set to be born around June 20th and this seems like it would be the perfect game to play for 10-20 minutes at a time while she's sleeping/resting/preparing for another 1.5 hours of crying and screaming.
    Maz- wrote: »
    I'll probably be getting this as part of the "buy three, get one for free" promo Nintendo is running. I've only briefly played the one on the DS, other than that I'm a total AC noob. Is there anything I should know beforehand, i.e. can I irreversibly screw up somehow? Or should I just go in blind?

@HallowedFaith I just tried to register you as a friend, but it's telling me the friend code is incorrect.

Aha, yeah I am dumb and typoed my own friend code. I updated the list, and also it is: 1676-3768-1812
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Fuck yeah, Animal Crossing.

All mah bells.

EDIT: Oh shit new fruit?!
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I just hope everyone learns to ignore me when I walk into your town with an axe and you suddenly have less tress.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
    Henroid you bastard. My tree gardens are usually my pride and joy.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The 3DS XL bundle will be my first exposure to actually having a 3DS of any sort. I was just sort of waiting for an XL that I liked the look of, and while the AC one isn't perfect, I -really want- AC even though I worry that I'm going to get bored with it after 'beating' it. (Generally when you paid everything off in previous games)

Is it confirmed that we can force all the shops to be open 24/7? Because that would be -awesome- and actually give incentive to play the game at night if you forget to during the day.
    Kupowered - It's my Blog! Updates Daily
    edited May 2013
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    The 3DS XL bundle will be my first exposure to actually having a 3DS of any sort. I was just sort of waiting for an XL that I liked the look of, and while the AC one isn't perfect, I -really want- AC even though I worry that I'm going to get bored with it after 'beating' it. (Generally when you paid everything off in previous games)

Is it confirmed that we can force all the shops to be open 24/7? Because that would be -awesome- and actually give incentive to play the game at night if you forget to during the day.

Shop Hours and Town Ordinances

There is only one shop open 24-7 and that is the Dream Suite shop, the rest can have their hours extended but I am not aware of anyway to force them open 24/7. You can use Town Ordinances to extend the shop times:

i9nzQaw.png
    HallowedFaith on
  • BeezelBeezel Registered User regular
    Aw shit I thought I was done with these games. What're you doing to me Nintendo? I thought we were cool.
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    Your debt to the Nook is never done, Beezel.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
    Well I'm quickly losing interest in this. The fact that I can't play during the night (3 hours later is still nothing) is a complete dealbreaker, which is a shame.
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    I guess this is where you guys come in, because I can use you americans to travel back to the afternoon! ;P
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    There's still a shop open 24/7 if I'm reading it right.
    Also, can't you just set your system time to line up with your personal time?