Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Animal Crossing] New Leaf is coming - Anyone have any Cherries?

2»

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I can, but I don't want to.
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • skeldareskeldare Maaaaariooooooooo? Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    Well I'm quickly losing interest in this. The fact that I can't play during the night (3 hours later is still nothing) is a complete dealbreaker, which is a shame.

Hey, don't blame the game on your wacky schedule! :P
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    idcard.php?type=3&style=1&name=skeldare&name2=1848-1663-9345
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Well I play a little during the day, but I avoid all my neighbours because I simply don't have time for them and when I do they are all asleep.
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I distinctly remember that, even since the first game, some of the NPCs are nightowls (not literally) (well, maybe some).
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
    Apparently Tom Nook's just misunderstood.
    "We think he is very misunderstood. He’s just passionate about his business. He’s not like a loan shark. He doesn’t add a handling fee or anything like that. He can wait as long as it takes for you to pay back. He’s not as bad as other people might think he is." - Aya Kyogoku
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Apparently Tom Nook's just misunderstood.
    "We think he is very misunderstood. He’s just passionate about his business. He’s not like a loan shark. He doesn’t add a handling fee or anything like that. He can wait as long as it takes for you to pay back. He’s not as bad as other people might think he is." - Aya Kyogoku

Meanwhile off camera Tom Nook has a gun pointed at his head.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    MAH MONEY
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    Just added everyone in the google doc. Please return the favor. I will require fruits and such.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Knight_Knight_ Registered User regular
    I am so pumped to lose far too much time to this game. So much so that I'm tempted to buy the AC 3DSXL even though I already have one. Why do I hate moneyyyyyy.

I'll be putting my name on the gdoc tonight, I have no gd idea what my friend code is off the top of my head.
    lWKOs.jpg
    My wife is awesome and just preordered both this and the guide for me for my berfday. Only downside is I won't get it until that Wednesday due to shipping.
    steam_sig.png
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I added my name to the google doc, and I will be adding everyone on in when I get home tonight. I'll be ready for some jolly cooperation!
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nicopernicus
    3DS friend code: 1993-7605-1096
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    I too have added myself to the google doc.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Same. Also I've never played an Animal Crossing before, sounds relaxing.
    idcard.php?type=3&style=1&name=Endaro&name2=4398-9506-6585
    Endaro wrote: »

Just make sure you play often enough, or you'll have a house full of cockroaches and a city full of weeds.
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes

Just make sure you play often enough, or you'll have a house full of cockroaches and a city full of weeds.

How often is often enough? 15 minutes a day? 10 minutes every couple of hours? Sorry for the barrage of questions.

I added everyone from the google doc that I wasn't already friends with. So @HallowedFaith @raziel_pm @Ceno @Dash and @Timspork's Ghost you have all been added.

How often is often enough? 15 minutes a day? 10 minutes every couple of hours? Sorry for the barrage of questions.

I added everyone from the google doc that I wasn't already friends with. So @HallowedFaith @raziel_pm @Ceno @Dash and @Timspork's Ghost you have all been added.

It doesn't matter how long in a day you play for, just make sure you play every couple days or so.
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Thanks. I have the summer off before i start grad school so I'll have lots of fruit to trade!
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    "Still trying to figure out these social networks."

Oh Nintendo, I see what you did there.
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Coo! Quaggan Loves You! Tyria/TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Animaaaal Crooooosssssing! How was I not following this thread already?

@carmofin, for review purposes, I suggest playing with your system calender and just do some longer playing sessions of multiple days at a time. That's really the only way to get a good view of how the game works in time for deadline. It's what I plan to do once my code arrives.

Edit: Added myself to the list and am adding you folks!
    SwashbucklerXX on
    GW2sig_zps0e27ccbc.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    That video is cute. Their advertising for this game has been adorable.
  • MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    Added myself to the doc and all yous guyses to my friend list! :rotate:
    3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    Well I'm quickly losing interest in this. The fact that I can't play during the night (3 hours later is still nothing) is a complete dealbreaker, which is a shame.

You can always swap a.m. and p.m. to compliment your schedule, or just change your time to whatever you want it to be.

If you want it to be noon in-game at 3 a.m.? Go crazy.

I am totes excited about this game.
  • Sea of ThornsSea of Thorns Registered User regular
    Between this and Bravely Default coming soon, I really want to convince myself that it's worth buying the super-cute XL bundle, but my eyes bleed from looking at the display models of the original 3DS. Like, I can't see the effect without getting seriously dizzy and disoriented. Is this larger version any easier to stare at?
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I understand peoples frustrations about the time, but the game is built around the clock so to make everything 24-7 would kind of kill some of that. Normally what I do when the shops are closed and I want to fish is just store everything in my house and then when it's open I sell off everything.

As much as I want to get the game at midnight, I'm thinking that might be a bad idea because once I do the basics, all the shops will be closed and i'll be stuck with a sleeping town. If I hit up Gamestop with some trade-ins when they open, it will be a fresh town with a whole day to do stuff. Probably for the best.
    I'm so happy for these videos. Is it too much to hope they'll be released daily? Might make the wait a little more bearable. ;)

Are those... are those plushies on the table?? I need that K.K. Slider plushie. NEED.
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Animaaaal Crooooosssssing! How was I not following this thread already?

My thoughts exactly.

Will investigate doc this evening when my 3DS has internet access.

Vyolynce on
    edited May 2013
    My hype for this is increasing exponentially day-by-day.

Also added everyone on google doc, please add me too!
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    So using the universal Game of Thrones analogy, what house would Nook be?

My impulse was to say Lannister, but it strikes me that the player character is more a Lannister, what with "always paying his debts" and all.

Nook's probably a Bolton.
    steam_sig.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    So using the universal Game of Thrones analogy, what house would Nook be?

My impulse was to say Lannister, but it strikes me that the player character is more a Lannister, what with "always paying his debts" and all.

Nook's probably a Bolton.

No one will be "making the eight" in my town! Hah.
    camo_sig2.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Added myself to the doc, and everyone on it to my friends list.
    camo_sig2.png
    New official Swapnote with AC stationery today! Yay!

And new AC puzzle panel! Yay!

But, argh! For some reason I didn't get the new panel. It sent me a piece for Luigi's Mansion instead. How do I get a piece for the AC panel??
    Mysfyt wrote: »
    New official Swapnote with AC stationery today! Yay!

And new AC puzzle panel! Yay!

But, argh! For some reason I didn't get the new panel. It sent me a piece for Luigi's Mansion instead. How do I get a piece for the AC panel??

I'm not home right now, but maybe just wait?
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
  • Maz-Maz- C'mon Donny! Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »

I'm starting to feel like the friend code police here :D Your friend code is incorrect.
    zwischenablage01.gif
    Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »

I'm starting to feel like the friend code police here :D Your friend code is incorrect.

Sorry, I accidently switched the 5 and the 7 around in the second set.

camo_sig2.png