Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think I managed to get a little hung over from the few beers I had last night.

...fuck, I think "few" became "more than I really have the money for"
    xlh6c3.png
    Mrgh. Beer shits.
    xlh6c3.png
    I'm diluting my apple juice with water.

Approaching broke is fun.

xlh6c3.png
    Not as fun as a [chat] that's deader than disco.
    xlh6c3.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    #freesc
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    1672518-inline-no-more-lukes-house.jpg
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    #freehat
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Blergh again.

Also, the autocorrect wanted to put bile egg instead of blergh.
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Blergh again.

Bile eggs sound like something that should be fashionable despite common sense
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Blergh again.

God, that sounds awful.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Bile egg is a reasonable thing to blergh at though.

It's like when Pratchett describes boredom as a hot Summer day with a yellow sun beating down on brown dying grass.

Your phone is an artist.
    Quid on
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Blergh again.

God, that sounds awful.

You need to be more fashionable
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Man I have been on a different planet for the last few days. I dont even really remember what's has happened its like I've been in a fog.

Weather changes been fucking with my mind me thinks
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    There's this nice, tiny middle aged lady in our office. Her normal routine is to come in, put on her headphones and shawl, and work quietly.

The absolute high point of any day for me is getting her to laugh.

Coworker 1: Did you see that article about the army turning down tanks?
    Coworker 2: Yeah the government is getting ridiculous. Buying tanks for an army that doesn't want them. Who needs more tanks?
    Me: [deadpan]I need a tank.[/deadpan]
    Lady: Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha
    Me: *Self high five*
    Quid on
    I got up an hour earlier but got home and went to sleep almost two hours later than the previous night.

alcohol seems to make me not sleep in. Which is really inconvenient some days.
    xlh6c3.png
    it's really inconvenient mostly because of said alcohol.
    xlh6c3.png
    the bonus though is that sometimes I wake up obnoxiously early and I'm in obnoxiously chipper when everyone is hung over as shit.
    xlh6c3.png
    I NEED R HALP
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the bonus though is that sometimes I wake up obnoxiously early and I'm in obnoxiously chipper when everyone is hung over as shit.

Fucking with the bleary-eyed is the best thing about being a morning person.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    redx wrote: »

Fucking with the bleary-eyed is the best thing about being a morning person.

I'm not a morning person at all.

Except on rare occasions after heavy drinking.

Which is when it is a really good thing to be because nothing annoys someone who feels like they're dying more than someone who drank more than them but is totally fine.
    xlh6c3.png
    hmm, who to ask
    I want to smack whichever smartass thought it would be a good idea to call this language "R"

it's immune to Google
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Ah, poop

One of my potential supervisors has actually realised they've never questioned my level of Japanese language proficiency

I was hoping I'd be able to slip into a program without that coming up beforehand
    turtlesig.jpg
    ISS astronauts are about to go EVA to fix an ammonium* leak from the cooling systems live in about half an hour.

*chrome insists this is wrong. Fuck off, chrome. Your spellcheck is the worst I've ever seen.
    xlh6c3.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    ISS astronauts are about to go EVA to fix an ammonium* leak from the cooling systems live in about half an hour.

*chrome insists this is wrong. Fuck off, chrome. Your spellcheck is the worst I've ever seen.

Actually bro its an ammonia leak not ammonium 2 different things

Actually bro its an ammonia leak not ammonium 2 different things

oh, you're right. Translation is hard.

Anyway, chrome is still wrong. It doesn't think ammonium is a thing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Man, do I love it when our dispatcher goes on vacation! Our next load picks up in the Bay Area an hour and a half ago, and here I am in Weed, CA, staring at the foot of Mt. Shasta, driving down to Stockton.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    The director of Shaun of the Dead has uploaded some photos someone took on day 1 of the shoot. He seems to planning to release more each day. I saw him present the film at the Embassy in Wellington during the initial release. It was pretty neat to see the director in person at the local premiere I must say. Pretty much the only time I've ever done that

http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2013/05/11/shaun-of-the-dead-photo-a-day-shoot-day-1-may-11th-2003/
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    finally fucking passed inspection

My car has been deemed suitable to drive by the state of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
    Hakkekage wrote: »

My car has been deemed suitable to drive by the state of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

Now mount it on blocks outside your apartment as a piece of public art
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular

Does Jersey really have much in the way of standards anyway? <_<
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

no more train commute?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    i'm trying to order glasses online and im only now realizing my optician gave me the shittiest prescription he possibly could have

he hasn't written in any of the boxes so it isn't clear what numbers are what, he hasn't bothered to include plus or minus signs

some figures he hasn't bothered to include at all, and i know they're important because the site won't let me order without typing them in...
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    In the forty or so posts since I last visited, I went to the gym, and then got groceries!
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Simon

How was boiga
    edited May 2013
    Quid wrote: »
    Good morning five AM.

Let me introduce you to my new fear of nuclear explosions.

Fuck you and your nightmares, brain.

In hindsight I don't fear nukes: It's what they leave behind I'm not keen on.
    RMS Oceanic on
    Casual wrote: »
    i'm trying to order glasses online and im only now realizing my optician gave me the shittiest prescription he possibly could have

he hasn't written in any of the boxes so it isn't clear what numbers are what, he hasn't bothered to include plus or minus signs

some figures he hasn't bothered to include at all, and i know they're important because the site won't let me order without typing them in...

I had that too

I had to go back and ask the receptionist to tell me the numbers
    Didn't we have this discussion a week ago? I used to dream about nuclear missiles hitting New Zealand, due to reading too many stories written in the 1970s-80s about nuclear war and the aftermath. Books like Children of the Dust.

Not really relevant to NZ at all, but children can have silly fears. Besides, slow awkward death of a country due to rest of world being hit by nuclear war is less of an interesting story
    Does anyone else see Tube's posts shift between Tube-san and Tube Classic? Is that a ye olde style thing, or does he don Tube Classic as his serious face when it comes to mod duties?
This discussion has been closed.