Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    finally fucking passed inspection

My car has been deemed suitable to drive by the state of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

no more train commute?

Hahahahahahahaha
    I'm willing to bet $100 that Hakkes still has a train based commute.

Only legit straight .1% ballers commute by car in NYC.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    i'm trying to order glasses online and im only now realizing my optician gave me the shittiest prescription he possibly could have

he hasn't written in any of the boxes so it isn't clear what numbers are what, he hasn't bothered to include plus or minus signs

some figures he hasn't bothered to include at all, and i know they're important because the site won't let me order without typing them in...

Which numbers did he leave off? Some of them are for shit like aestigmatism,or however that would be spelled if I had something with spell check rather than tabletty autocomplete,. Like if you don have that, they should be like 0. Maybe
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    finally fucking passed inspection

My car has been deemed suitable to drive by the state of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

no more train commute?
    wut no

I can just drive to the train station now without technically being in violation of the law
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Didn't we have this discussion a week ago? I used to dream about nuclear missiles hitting New Zealand, due to reading too many stories written in the 1970s-80s about nuclear war and the aftermath. Books like Children of the Dust.

Not really relevant to NZ at all, but children can have silly fears. Besides, slow awkward death of a country due to rest of world being hit by nuclear war is less of an interesting story

I made the mistake of watching The Day After when I was very young, and every morning I would look out across the swamp and the forest toward Orlando to make sure there weren't any mushroom clouds.

This worry increased a few years later after 9/11.

IDK what I thought I'd do if I saw one.

I was also afraid of those demon locusts from Revelation coming out, though I was mostly confident that they would let me be and go after my friends and loved ones instead. Which was worse, somehow.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Does anyone else see Tube's posts shift between Tube-san and Tube Classic? Is that a ye olde style thing, or does he don Tube Classic as his serious face when it comes to mod duties?

I was wondering about that myself. I've seen a couple of old style new posts
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Didn't we have this discussion a week ago? I used to dream about nuclear missiles hitting New Zealand, due to reading too many stories written in the 1970s-80s about nuclear war and the aftermath. Books like Children of the Dust.

Not really relevant to NZ at all, but children can have silly fears. Besides, slow awkward death of a country due to rest of world being hit by nuclear war is less of an interesting story

Depends how you tell it: Having the story be about the individuals and their struggles while the global cataclysm is in the background could be effective. It's kinda like Thomas Was Alone: The story is about a bunch of friends helping each other, but there are hints of that adventure having world-shattering consequences.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Good morning five AM.

Let me introduce you to my new fear of nuclear explosions.

Fuck you and your nightmares, brain.

In hindsight I don't fear nukes: It's what they leave behind I'm not keen on.

You didn't dream up a giant chunk ripped out of the Rockies.

Or being part of an army squad trying to prevent it. And upon failing to stop the technicians in Tehran from launching their missiles, forlornly walking back out with the rest of your team, sitting on the grass, and waiting a few minutes until you see a missile hit the ground and being consumed by hot white death.

Fuck that dream.
    I think I shall shift the subject away from this and cheer everyone up.

I'm about to reach level ten of Theme Hospital. This is baller.

On this subject, did you play Depression Quest?

On this subject, did you play Depression Quest?

No. I saw it get linked here but I have been through incredible paradigm-shifting stress over the last two weeks that contained many depressive elements and did not want to get dragged back into the muck I already feel like I'm floundering in
    So much for lightening the tone. Derp.
    I also had fears of being invaded by the Japanese. This I think was also a result of reading too much about various wars and amphibious invasions.

NZ is full of long, sandy beaches or nice big harbours, custom made for invasions and due to being very far from everyone has precious little in the way of silly little watch towers, forts, castles or coastal defences. As a child this worried me greatly

tower.jpg
    294844_10200193856824076_1764930861_n.jpg

Look at that fucker.

Just sitting on my lawn mower like he owns it.
    If that slug even looks like invading New Zealand I swear I'll do time
    Man.

New Zealand does not fuck around with their dog houses.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I was never worried about invasion usa.

Mostly just nukes getting dropped on MacDill and Orlando.

Because that's far enough away that I wouldn't die immediately, but close enough that I would become a shit covered nightlight soon after.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Siiiiigh it is my last night in Bali :(

Got over 24 hours of traveling to look forward tomorrow and then back to work.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The soviet union collapsed before I was born.

So nukes have never been a thing to fear for me.
    xlh6c3.png
    Nothing slugs like a Deere.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Nukes were never a fear for me until five this morning when I woke up.

I guess something had to replace that girl from The Grudge.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Poo
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I mean, the missiles are still pointed at basically the same places. Though I can't imagine many are pointed at Norway.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Quid wrote: »
    Man.

New Zealand does not fuck around with their dog houses.

Oh I wish.

It is actually a British coastal fort, of the Martello type, largely to protect against invasion from Napoleon. There are still a few on the south coast near Brighton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martello_tower
    Yeah can't say I particularly worry about nukes either, not any more than any other explosive device, which I don't really worry about either.

I am just not the worrying type, and the odds of anyone bombing me seems too low to worry about.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Inqui did you take a million pictures?
    The big one happens.

Missiles launch all over.

Norway wonders what the fuck just happened and why no one is talking to them.

Creates new world order centered around drinking and pickled fish.
    Basically I'm saying you should all be full of FEAR and start digging fallout shelters immediately.
    Lh96QHG.png
    desc wrote: »

I took zero pictures.

(My girlfriend and our mutual friend took a billion pictures and will upload them soon).
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Well, I was thinking of childhood fears. Once I was about 11-12 I realised it was a bit silly. Then I started worrying about other things, like whether or not all the horror stories of high school were true - like being flushed in a toilet on my birthday. Turns out that was not true, at least for me.
    Wait why am I playing Red Faction: Guerrilla on normal?

I'm not here for the challenge of shooting mans, dammit. I just wanna blow shit up.
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I took zero pictures.

(My girlfriend and our mutual friend took a billion pictures and will upload them soon).

Acceptable

You're on probation now, though

Watchin' you
    Look Desc all that matters right now is me getting back to Japan ASAP so I can secure a copy of A Study in Emerald.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    .1% ballas drive in to NYC but they have someone else drive them in.
    I was pretty lucky I think. NZ boy only high schools sounded rather awful right up until the early 1990s - when the authorities (schools, police etc) got serious about bullying and assault. Also, they banned corporal punishment.

Pretty strange to think that a lot of that stuff was widespread till recently. Hell, my high school's dorms didn't have glass windows until the 1980s apparently, because the school still adhered to pre War theories about toughening the boys up
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I mean, the missiles are still pointed at basically the same places. Though I can't imagine many are pointed at Norway.

and we're still peering across the border just like in the cold war, difference being that no-one is actually expecting the russians to roll in
    xlh6c3.png
    Look Desc all that matters right now is me getting back to Japan ASAP so I can secure a copy of A Study in Emerald.

On huh. Look at that.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    i'm trying to order glasses online and im only now realizing my optician gave me the shittiest prescription he possibly could have

he hasn't written in any of the boxes so it isn't clear what numbers are what, he hasn't bothered to include plus or minus signs

some figures he hasn't bothered to include at all, and i know they're important because the site won't let me order without typing them in...

I had that too

I had to go back and ask the receptionist to tell me the numbers

which is what im about to have to do god damn it
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

On huh. Look at that.

It is everything I ever wanted.

Basically A Few Acres of Snow 2.0
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

Which numbers did he leave off? Some of them are for shit like aestigmatism,or however that would be spelled if I had something with spell check rather than tabletty autocomplete,. Like if you don have that, they should be like 0. Maybe

the axis figure?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
This discussion has been closed.