Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    WoW made running dungeons and raids easier, but it also made the game too impersonal. Why should you give a fuck if you ninja a piece of loot or don't know how to run a place if the only consequence is you get kicked from the group and queue up again?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Am I the only kid who missed the Neverwinter bus?

I didn't get on either.

We can be friends, Quid.

*stares*

Yeah no I'm getting on it now.

Scrub.

i'll show myself out. Wouldn't want to make this thread even more uncool with my continued presence.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I'm slowly getting off the Neverwinter bus to be honest; it's morsel is becoming increasingly gimmicky and the inflated zen prices tiresome.

Still want Wildstar and Star Citizen damnit.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    WoW made running dungeons and raids easier, but it also made the game too impersonal. Why should you give a fuck if you ninja a piece of loot or don't know how to run a place if the only consequence is you get kicked from the group and queue up again?

Because WoW is only remotely kind of fun if you are playing it with a consistent group of friends anyway, and why ninja from your friends?

Well, before, if you were a shithead you would get a reputation on your server and it would be hard to run shit. Now with cross server raiding and groups you don't have to worry about having a reputation.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Ninja everything
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am so done with MMOs though.

Unless something comes along and truly turns the genre on its ear I just can't care.

But nothing that requires as much funding as an MMO can afford to take risks so it's just the same crap over and over.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    dfo best mmo
    *sobs deeply*
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    The arguments for allowing the students to do it because of free speech are hilarious. Nobody would be supporting them with a free speech argument if the posters were about legalizing weed and fucking your brain out over spring break.

Free speech doesn't work that way. there isn't a minimum number of supporters requirement
    You need the support of the judges, and I doubt any significant number of judges nowadays is going to say that students wearing school uniforms can say put up anything they want on school property.

So long as the school guidelines allow it, they can
    So you would have no problem with them publicly supporting a political candidate at a school pep rally? They publicly supported a specific religion while wearing school uniforms at school sponsored events. If anybody honestly believes that the school wouldn't immediately ban any other kind of controversial speech, they are fools.
    Couscous on
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

i missed the entire WoW bus

It was a short bus.
    network_sig2.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I'll never going to give up on MMOs because I am a masochist.

But we definitely need a hell of a lot more innovation and a balance between designing a game that's fun and fills a niche and designing a game that is profitable.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    The arguments for allowing the students to do it because of free speech are hilarious. Nobody would be supporting them with a free speech argument if the posters were about legalizing weed and fucking your brain out over spring break.

Free speech doesn't work that way. there isn't a minimum number of supporters requirement
    You need the support of the judges, and I doubt any significant number of judges nowadays is going to say that students wearing school uniforms can say put up anything they want on school property.

So you would have no problem with them publicly supporting a political candidate at a school pep rally?

The students? Nope not an issue.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    P10 wrote: »
    dfo best mmo
    *sobs deeply*

I'm so sorry.

So you would have no problem with them publicly supporting a political candidate at a school pep rally?

No problem at all! Because no one gives two tugs of a dead dog's cock about what happens at a school pep rally.

AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Hamurabi wrote: »

It was a short bus.

Short in the sense that only pre WoTLK WoW was good and shit's gone downhill and dumbed down ever since. It started earlier in BC but got endemically bad post Ulduar.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I think whoever came up with laptops did it so he could take the computer into the bathroom with him when he shits.

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I think whoever came up with laptops did it so he could take the computer into the bathroom with him when he shits.

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

phones are ideal for pewpin' time

they're always with you

cat gifs at the touch of a screen

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

#Knowthatfeel
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

My mind somehow shifted tmi into ftm.

Makes... sense...
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

+1
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    desc wrote: »

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

they're always with you

Haha! That cat got hit in the head by a coconut!
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

It was a short bus.

Short in the sense that only pre WoTLK WoW was good and shit's gone downhill and dumbed down ever since. It started earlier in BC but got endemically bad post Ulduar.

No, I mean it was a

Churchbus-300x225.gif

(Also, GISing "shortbus" returns a wholly unexpected result.)
    network_sig2.png
    Corehealer did you play a healer in WoW
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    supervising an exam of one person is one of the least fun things ever
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

Makes... sense...

man what, shiv I love you but you got the cray
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'm slowly getting off the Neverwinter bus to be honest; it's morsel is becoming increasingly gimmicky and the inflated zen prices tiresome.

Still want Wildstar and Star Citizen damnit.

The PA Report on its funding model made me decide not to download it.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

they're always with you

I think I actually need to order a new battery for my phone so it'll last longer.

What I really want is a new Android phone though.

I'd get it and then have an orgasm in front of the t-mobile clerk.

"UUUNNNNNNNNFHHHHHFNNNNNASSSSHHIIIIIII'MMMCOMMINNNGGG"

"Uh...okay, so that'll be $349.99"

"*heavy breathing* Do you take checks?"
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

So you would have no problem with them publicly supporting a political candidate at a school pep rally? They publicly supported a specific religion while wearing school uniforms at school sponsored events. If anybody honestly believes that the school wouldn't immediately ban any other kind of controversial speech, they are fools.

I believe that the school would ban other more controversial views, and that is the problem, not them allowing Christians to exercise free speech.

I don't want Christians to be more repressed, I want US authorities to repress others less.
    poshniallo on
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.

It was a short bus.

No, I mean it was a

Churchbus-300x225.gif

(Also, GISing "shortbus" returns a wholly unexpected result.)

That's what it is now, yeah. But with pandas.

I am going to kick start my first thing ever soon.

I am excite!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

Two eyes
    A nose
    Two ears
    Fur everywhere
    Slobbering tongue

Ya know... Generic
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

Makes... sense...

No it makes sense! It's like, take tmi, and do a logical right shift, then put an f in there! SO SIMPLE

Also I see trans words errywhere but that's a surprise to absolutely no one.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    as a veteran of korean f2p mmos nothing about neverwinter's model fazes me
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    Yeah, while I appreciate what Blizzard was trying to do by streamlining the grouping process, no one knows eachother anymore.

Everything is pretty much (mostly/easily) soloable aside from dungeons.

There are no hidden quests, etc etc etc.

Back when I first started playing WoW, decent rings were pretty rare until you were in your 40's.

I remember back in Dustwallow Marsh, there was a grave that when clicked, would give you a quest to get a blue ring at, like, level 38.

There weren't exclamation points above everything that gave a quest back then, so it was somewhat of a "hidden" quest.

It was cool to find things like that hidden in the world.

Now the entire game is spelled out for players and streamlined etc etc etc.

Ease of play is one thing, but as a casual WoW player who never raided, I think the game has become too casual.

sigvf.jpg
    P10 wrote: »
    as a veteran of korean f2p mmos nothing about neverwinter's model fazes me

Why do you hate fun? :P
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png

Which is what I'm doing.

/tmi

Makes... sense...

And that's why I love her.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am going to kick start my first thing ever soon.

I am excite!

and by proxy, I am excite!
This discussion has been closed.