Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Phalla] Time Wars: JUMP 1 - DAY 1

• PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    Yeah, stop giving our secret invasion plans away jerk
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    America may gloss over our historical contributions, but we shall never forget our centuries of brotherhood.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Well, the opening narration sold me on the game. Looking forward to changing the future. In case anybody wanted an alternate spreadsheet, here's mine:

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 361)
    chirisigtext.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    America may gloss over our historical contributions, but we shall never forget our centuries of brotherhood.
    I certainly recognize your contribution of fire to the White House. :p

• PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    Totally improved it! Come on, white house? How terrible uninteresting. We just added a bit of colour
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Solved your termite problem.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • LucedesLucedes used Splash! Registered User regular
    Gizzy.
    <3
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    We are doing good with plan 38 way tie for Day 1 Host Victory. If you aren't adding someone additional to the tie, you are wasting your vote!
    Capitalism, Ho!
    camo_sig2.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Still 12 undecideds, so anything could change, even if no one moves their votes.

I kind of expected this given how the time echo works. Anyone trying to destroy America certainly has a vested interest in votes being spread out since that makes it easier to exploit echo votes later.

I disagree. If all the echoing votes are relatively close to each other then they should balance each other out. On the other hand, if we have two villager runaway wagons, as we tend to do on day 1, then the next time we revisit this day it will be really easy for the mafia to get the second villager wagon voted off. Basically, we want to avoid a situation where we revisit this day later in the game, but a villager has an insurmountable lead over a competing mafia wagon, due to our numbers being thinned for the next go around.

Maybe there is something about echoing votes that im missing?
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
    Following that, if im mafia, then im trying to discourage close vote totals in favor of two runaway wagons later on in the game. Who knows, the village may not have a vig at that point (or at all), so we could be handing an extra vote kill and another round of actions to them by having multiple runaway wagons.
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    I didn't think Aura claimed neutral either?
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
    This is where he made his claim:
    Auralynx wrote: »
    presidentmad_zps90b18fc4.png

I mean, I had this coming, but, uh... other African guys, please contact me. Thanks.
    Megafrost wrote: »
    So... you're claiming to be neutral? Again?

No, I am claiming to be African, which I will happily admit is definitely not neutral, but is also so unlikely to win by our wincon without getting our legs under us early that the reveal is worth it. We have as little reason to want the Mafia alive as the rest of you, so help us out!

Right - he says he is not neutral ?
    That means wincon kill the mafia right? Which means village faction?
    It's not neutral, but its third party. I think people are just saying neutral as short hand, even though it isn't precise.
    I think as long as people use the term neutral - people are going to read it as for real neutral.
    Yeah, no getting around that.
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I don't know who to vote for. I mean... kime seems like the obvious choice on Day 1. Although, it has been a while since I've been able to vote for Anialos.
    ♪ Sing into the moonlight. Who could ask for more? ♪
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    It's not neutral, but its third party. I think people are just saying neutral as short hand, even though it isn't precise.
    My problem with this is that people have also been saying that neutrals tend to help the mafia so we should kill them all.
    If Auralynx is telling the truth and the Africans are village friendly, then we're just killing a potential asset.

I dunno. Maybe someone can explain it to me using small words.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    TRV hasn't been this into his RP in a while - mafia evil?!?!?!
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    My problem with this is that people have also been saying that neutrals tend to help the mafia so we should kill them all.
    If Auralynx is telling the truth and the Africans are village friendly, then we're just killing a potential asset.

He didn't say village friendly. He said he has just as much reason to want the mafia dead as the rest of us.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm going with the neutral who claims at least one member of his faction can side with the mafia (via PM) here.

Except that's not what I told you, it's what you're reading into what I did tell you.

Anyway, since I clearly only dig the hole deeper by carrying this on... I've had my say! I'm African. You have quite a while to decide if that's worth killing me over; I'm not only telling you it isn't (E:yet!) but offering to help out if you want proof. I will accept prove-your-case requests from the following people, because they are sensible human beings and often well-informed, so far as I can tell:

INANTP
    Langly
    CesareB
    Phyphor
    jdark
    SeGaTai
    Zombie Hero
    premium
    Flarne

I require no information about any alleigance you may have; you are all enemies of Africa, even if I am a friend to someone.

While I do appreciate flattery, that's a list of villagers from the last game who I'm going to guess talked to you and have some good reasons to grudge you for their death. Is this entire thing just an elaborate ploy to not get day1-grudged?
  • RetabaRetaba Rintaro Okabe Mad ScientistRegistered User regular
    Well, no one has claimed Switzerland so maybe we don't have any neutrals!
    I'm claiming neutral Sweden. Any busdrivers are welcome to contact me for free passage through to Norway.
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    TRV hasn't been this into his RP in a while - mafia evil?!?!?!
    I just wrap myself up in my characters tighter on occasion.
    I assure you, I'm here to help humanity.
    This planet is protected, etc?
    That was me. I am the protector.
    I am doing the protecting.
    I've seen some nasties out there.
    Nastier than apples, maybe.
    Apples are rubbish. Don't you think?
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    EPIC SPREADSHEET OF HISSSSSDORRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY

Auralynx 4
    TheRoadVirus 4
    38thDoe 3
    Phyphor 3
    Anialos 2
    Cythraul 2
    kime 2
    Zonugal 2
    enlightenedbum 1
    Gizzy 1
    INANTP 1
    Langly 1
    Megafrost 1
    Mikey CTS 1
    romanqwerty 1
    Zombie Hero 1

WHO WINS

WHO'S NEXT

YOU DECIDE
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Neutrals usually have their own goals to accomplish. Survive is one of the best known, they can win as long as they don't die. If they have powers they'll usually help whichever side is winning because a shorter game benefits their odds of surviving.

Village Friendly makes it sound like they need the mafia gone.

Auralynx described himself as a wolf. Wolves don't sound village friendly to me.
    Capitalism, Ho!
    camo_sig2.png
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    38thDoe wrote: »

Neutrals usually have their own goals to accomplish. Survive is one of the best known, they can win as long as they don't die. If they have powers they'll usually help whichever side is winning because a shorter game benefits their odds of surviving.

Auralynx described himself as a wolf. Wolves don't sound village friendly to me.

It really depends on if people feel like being sheep or not, I s'pose.

There's good wolves, and then there's bad wolf.

Time will tell
    TheRoadVirus on

Or pigs who lack the necessary funds for proper construction material.
  • RetabaRetaba Rintaro Okabe Mad ScientistRegistered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

Girls wandering through a forest wearing a red hood.

Course can't forget the boy who cried wolf.

Have you been to Deltei Romdus XII? There are animals there that have adapted to hide rather well.
    Here they are looking like food!
    Three-Little-Pigs-e1337901843499.jpg
    No... wait... that doesn't seem right.
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

If Auralynx is telling the truth, then it's likely one of the Africans is mafia friendly anyways. If he's lying, then he is Disney Evil.

My theory right now is that Auralynx is mafia and is bluffing for survival because if he just did nothing he would be a good day1 grudge-target for a lot of people. I'm heading to an after-work thing now so my theory may progress wildly during the evening.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades I am the SwarmRegistered User regular
    I may be busy today with quite unpleasant things, so yeah...

Auralynx for being not-village I guess
  • LocusLocus Trust Me New YorkRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Still 12 undecideds, so anything could change, even if no one moves their votes.

I kind of expected this given how the time echo works. Anyone trying to destroy America certainly has a vested interest in votes being spread out since that makes it easier to exploit echo votes later.

I disagree. If all the echoing votes are relatively close to each other then they should balance each other out. On the other hand, if we have two villager runaway wagons, as we tend to do on day 1, then the next time we revisit this day it will be really easy for the mafia to get the second villager wagon voted off. Basically, we want to avoid a situation where we revisit this day later in the game, but a villager has an insurmountable lead over a competing mafia wagon, due to our numbers being thinned for the next go around.

Maybe there is something about echoing votes that im missing?
    I think this only becomes an issue if the people voting for the losing bandwagon die that day, if I'm understanding how the vote echoes work. Even then, it would take a lot of death for it to make a significant difference on later votes.

Well, die that jump or future jumps.

So... for instance..

2351: Zombie Hero is alive, votes for Megafrost
    2352: Zombie Hero is unjustly murdered
    2351 *Return Trip*: ZH hasn't been killed yet, but he isn't part of the jump team either. The now NPC ZH votes for Megafrost, as was dictated by the PC ZH.

So, now im getting Mill's point where the mafia wants the vote spread out over a particular point of view. If Megafrost is someone they want gone, they can kill me and then revisit the day on a later JUMP (who controls the jumps, btw?), so megafrost has a higher chance of getting voted out. If this were indeed a legit mafia strategy, they would need to have some influence or prediction of jump destination.

However, their ability to spread out the vote is limited, outside of themselves, who they wouldn't be killing and lockvoting anyways.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    i was thinking it might be whomever time science person is in the narration for that day, but there are more days than time science people. We should also assume the mafia have some way of influencing when we jump to
    PSN SeGaTai
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    My theory right now is that Auralynx is mafia and is bluffing for survival because if he just did nothing he would be a good day1 grudge-target for a lot of people. I'm heading to an after-work thing now so my theory may progress wildly during the evening.

This makes all kinds of sense.
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Well, die that jump or future jumps.

So... for instance..

2351: Zombie Hero is alive, votes for Megafrost
    2352: Zombie Hero is unjustly murdered
    2351 *Return Trip*: ZH hasn't been killed yet, but he isn't part of the jump team either. The now NPC ZH votes for Megafrost, as was dictated by the PC ZH.

So, now im getting Mill's point where the mafia wants the vote spread out over a particular point of view. If Megafrost is someone they want gone, they can kill me and then revisit the day on a later JUMP (who controls the jumps, btw?), so megafrost has a higher chance of getting voted out. If this were indeed a legit mafia strategy, they would need to have some influence or prediction of jump destination.

However, their ability to spread out the vote is limited, outside of themselves, who they wouldn't be killing and lockvoting anyways.

No. That is not how the ability reads. I will end this post with a clarification question, but here's how the text of the Echoing Vote ability, from the OP:

ECHOING VOTE: Once per JUMP you can vote for a player in bold red to be removed from the anomaly. Every following JUMP that exists on a DAY when you are dead (permanent or temporary) your ECHOING VOTE will again be cast against the person you last voted for with this power as long as they are not permanently dead.

What it is says is that on days that you are dead, you will, NPC-style, vote for the person you "last voted for with this power". This is a time-travel phalla, so that 'last' is ambiguous. However, I am inclined to read it as last in terms of jumps, not last in terms of days. That would mean that, having voted for Megafrost in 2351, living, then voting for kime in 2352, and dying in that jump, if we return to 2351, you would vote for kime and not Megafrost.

Which interpretation of 'last' is correct, Obi? Is it 'last' in terms of days, or 'last' in terms of jumps?
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Despair. Registered User regular
    In the past, kime will know why I will vote for him.
    steam_sig.png