Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Forum Dice Roller Testing & Development Extravaganza Thread?

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Geth roll NELSONdOSWALD
    Yes, I am still angry
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d2500
    Yes, I am still angry
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d2500 -> 582 (sum:582)
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    If a post calling for a dice roll is the last post of a page, thus making Geth's roll the first post on the next page, it looks like Geth still posts on the page of the original post, and then duplicates the post on the next page along with a duplicate of his roll.

Link

Or I guess it could have just been a random duplicate post.
    chocosig.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    A lot of the threads seem to do that. I'm not sure why.
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    Oh my god it's full of stars
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eD for shenanigans
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Parsing needs tweaking. :D
    Geth roll "2eP+1eA+2eD"
    Is it matching the expression with a regex first? Cause even if you update it fully it won't be parsed fully with regex alone, the grammar isn't regular with the operations and brackets being involved.

Should just send everything after roll without whitespace (so roll 1d20+5;1d6 1d8 would match 1d20+5;1d6) or everything that is inside the quotes if used?
    Geth roll "1d8 1d20 1d6" for science
    Glad Icy put descriptions in, that pretty much gives you all you need to deter cheats.
    Hell, you could even make a post with your rolls, get the results attached, and then edit the post to be 100% RP, and everything would look slick.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Beep Booper Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I'm feeding stuff directly into OrokosRoller (which you can read in the kaecyra/minion repo now).
    I had noticed that it doesn't seem to like those ones, but I get back [error=syntax] from roller() so I assume the issue is on your end at the moment.
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I'm feeding stuff directly into OrokosRoller (which you can read in the kaecyra/minion repo now).
    I had noticed that it doesn't seem to like those ones, but I get back [error=syntax] from roller() so I assume the issue is on your end at the moment.

Hrm.

Geth roll 1d6;1d8
    Geth roll 2eP
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Beep Booper Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Geth roll 2eP
    Man, thank god for a dedicated thread, so spammy since have to make new posts all the time. :P

Geth roll 10p4
    Man, thank god for a dedicated thread, so spammy since have to make new posts all the time. :P

Geth roll 10p4
    Seems to be choking on the non "d" dice so far.
    Geth roll 4xM
    Geth roll 4xM
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eD for Justice
    strtolower strikes again! ;)
    Geth roll 6xM for Day 2 Mana Source
    Geth roll 25p5 for Dunalist
    Added a link in the OP to the dice format.
    Geth roll "4xM; 4xR" for Demonstration
    edited May 2013
    Testing quotes~
    Geth roll "4xM; 4xR" for Demonstration

and edit into post without any rolls:

Geth roll 1d100

edit2: looks like edit will work, so long as no dice have been rolled before

Geth roll 1d6
    Infidel on
    Yep. You can never edit and cause a re-evaluation of rolls that have already happened, no matter what you do. But if nothing has been rolled, you can roll in an edit.
    :^:

Annnnnnd now mobile should look good too.
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eD for Great Justice

Nice roll. :P

I think this is ready for use!
    Somebody rolled Triumph and Despair in the same roll tonight.

Your modifications to the ship triggered 72 intruders, killing several.

We missed you. :(
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Somebody rolled Triumph and Despair in the same roll tonight.

Your modifications to the ship triggered 72 intruders, killing several.

We missed you. :(

Shit, I totally forgot about tonight, why didn't ya message me? :(
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Geth roll "1d10t9+1d10t7"
    chirisigtext.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Geth roll 20d6 for Dice limit
    Geth roll 1d9999999999999 for Overflow
    Geth roll -2d6 for Negative dice
    Geth roll 2d-6 for Negative sides
    Geth roll 2d12-6 for Subtraction
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    @Infidel you can't read the expression help linked in the OP without an Orokos account.