Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

homestuck

• WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    Snerky wrote: »

I was just waiting for the incongruous aranea is also a name used in homestuck trivia entry and there was none
    Good for the elder scrolls wiki

First person to add that to the page wins a prize.
  • SeriouslySeriously Maarebas Registered User regular
    no doubt many have already tried
    NSxe4l9.png
  • AvrahamAvraham white men holding kittens dot tumblr dot comRegistered User regular
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Man when I found out major and minor key signatures in band I had so much fun going back and switching things

#Musicnerd
    NeoToma on
    PartyPat.jpg
  • JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »

oh man fighting all those darknuts to that slow, creeping music was super cool
    i gotta replay wind waker
    VyQGM.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    guys everyone go fucking play blade symphony with me right now this game is rad1cal
    2T0N0a3.png
  • FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter passive-aggressive raven Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting until Blurbl finishes reading

and then he'll take this hot payload of homestuck fan-fervor back into the MLP thread
    ShhxB.gif
  • BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    This entire conversation between offshoot!John and Vriska is so freaking adorable. :)

Has Andrew Hussie written any other works than MSPA? He writes damn good characters.
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    There's one about clowns and their lighthearted, frivolous adventures
    CD World Tour convenient status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand ==>Caulk Bite 6
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger There is no answer, only absurdity... And french toastRegistered User regular
    Blurbl wrote: »
    This entire conversation between offshoot!John and Vriska is so freaking adorable. :)

Has Andrew Hussie written any other works than MSPA? He writes damn good characters.

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comics.php

Don't read this until after you finish, I want you to keep that wonderfully innocent opinion of Hussie for as long as possible

Whistles is the comic BlueBlue is referring to but for the best writing I recommend ZooSmells
    fAZW9sE.jpg
  • BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Bec Noir following Jade around is either the cutest thing or the creepiest thing. Possibly both.

And we're actually getting condensed plot advancement! Hallelujah.
    Blurbl on
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    What are we gonna do once blurbl is caught up?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    nice sig
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    What are we gonna do once blurbl is caught up?

send out our hunting parties to find more fresh meat new friends
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Chief? McCloud!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    http://www.andrewhussie.com/comics.php

Don't read this until after you finish, I want you to keep that wonderfully innocent opinion of Hussie for as long as possible

Whistles is the comic BlueBlue is referring to but for the best writing I recommend ZooSmells

Don't listen to QT read them all now. Just you watch, A Steep Price for Pie is going to end up being pivotal for understanding Homestuck in the end, An Inappropriate Time for Ham might just be Hussie's best work so far, and Humanimals is the apex of webcomics, nay neigh, of all comics ever.
    OmnipotentBagel on
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    Karkat wrote:
    I GAVE YOUR WHOLE UNIVERSE CANCER, JADE.

what
    I still don't fully understand that.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINE Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Karkat wrote:

what
    I still don't fully understand that.

I think the idea was that the universe was created imperfectly, and it was destined to be destroyed because of that fact, or something.
    LordAsmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus.gif
  • KetBraKetBra shut up and jamRegistered User regular
    what about the tumor
    yA895.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Maarebas Registered User regular
    tumor might be a result of that

universe put together shittily so the session is doomed to fail so it comes complete with A BOMB
    NSxe4l9.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    That was a green sun bomb though, which seemed to be a one time thing, so I don't think all sessions had the tumor. Unless they had the tiny tumor the A1 trolls had. Which means the troll universe had cancer too? idk
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Chief? McCloud!Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    That was a green sun bomb though, which seemed to be a one time thing, so I don't think all sessions had the tumor. Unless they had the tiny tumor the A1 trolls had. Which means the troll universe had cancer too? idk

Yeah, but they didn't know about any of that at the time. All Karkat really knew was that the kids' universe was dying and it seemed to be all his fault.
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Karkat wrote:

what

If you cut corners when making the dna of your universe it comes out crappy
    NeoToma on
    PartyPat.jpg
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus Registered User regular
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Never stop posting Rosemary, Bear.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Every failed session has a tumor

The kids' was just special on how big it was and maybe the fact that it was fueled by the two universes

We see Meenah use a Tumor to kill the dancestors, but it's only about as big as a beachball
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Every failed session has a tumor

The kids' was just special on how big it was and maybe the fact that it was fueled by the two universes

We see Meenah use a Tumor to kill the dancestors, but it's only about as big as a beachball

See?

I thought that all happened off-screen.

My Act 6 knowledge isn't as complete as 1-5, though.
    ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    Suffer my pain http://eidolonorpheus.tumblr.com/post/49837513918/i-came-back-to-this-and-ow
    I haven't been feeling musical enough lately, even with two more music finals to go.

I hope this isn't a bad time to mention that I really like The Lyrist.
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    May 6

2009: 7 pages. The command is to switch back to the stack modus, but John is a little confused by the concept since he never had a physical card for it. John is then commanded to put the razor "down", but again, is not quite sure he understands. John then picks up two cakes, which expels the razor so forcefully that it cuts off a piece of his hair and wedges itself right into Matthew McConaughey forehead on his A Time to Kill poster. He grabs some more items, and then finally a pair of trick handcuffs which causes the PDA to be expelled right out the window and into the back yard.

2010: 15 pages. It's Gristmas for Rose, who sets about alchemizing various objects. Some of the more useful items include: the HUBTOP (combined power HUB from the lab and her LAPTOP), a box of BODACIOUS BLACK LIQUID SORROW GUSHERS (the INK OF SQUID PRO QUO and a box of FRUIT GUSHERS), the HUBTOPBAND (the HUBTOP combined her HAIRBAND), a set of NEEDLEWANDS (a WIZARD STATUE and her KNITTING NEEDLES - they "crackle with the majyyk enyrjjies"), the VELVET SQUIDDLEKNIT DRESS (her KNIT scarves, VELVET PILLOW, and SQUIDDLE SHIRT), and finally the THORNS OF OGLOGOTH (via the NEEDLEWANDS and GRIMOIRE). The thorns seem pretty evil and any sane adventurer wouldn't use them. Instead, Rose uses them to AGGRIEVE the swarm of imps, liches, and ogres now on her island. In other words, "WELCOME TO THE PARTY MOTHERFUCKERS".

2011: No update.

2012: No update.
    redoctober2.png
    Today in Homestuck
    May 7

2009: 5 pages. John examines the RED PACKAGE. He goes to pick up the razor from the wall, but instead ends up putting the implement in his sylladex and bonking himself on the head with the package. Picking up the package again, he sends a CAKE right into McConaughey's face. He then picks up some shards of glass off the floor, which expels his copy of WISE GUY and a CAKE out the window to join the PDA down below.

2010: No update.

2011: No update.

2012: No update.
    redoctober2.png