Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Prime World] Defenders: Tower Defense and Collectible Cards

124»

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You could do that for towers; but magic would still cast because there's no invalid target for magic like for towers. You couldn't get out of it via any button or action I could figure out.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    If you moved your mouse to the very top of the screen it canceled it for some reason.
  • SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    the Dragon flame tower hits air.

I think you're cornfused.

The dragon flame tower is the natural upgrade from the wooden tower > cannon tower > dragon flame tower.
    Is the dragon flame tower locked out before some portion of the game, or do I just have the worst luck?
    afaik nothing is locked out before any point; but I think via raids you can only get it from hard raid maps if you're doing it that way.

It's completely unecessary for most of the game though, an upgraded wooden tower lasts quite awhile and then the cannon tower is more than enough for most things.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I have my Stone cannon fully upgraded. There's another called a Cannon Tower? I'm also missing Dragon Tower as well.
    It might be stone. I couldn't remember if the stone tower was the general purpose one or the stunning one.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    I got Meteor last night.

I like Meteor.
  • IoloIolo Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    New patch incoming!
    Hi

Patch submitted, should go live any minute now.

-Screen resolution fixes
    -Drop rate changes
    -50% increase in silver awards for random missions
    -Difficulty increase for random missions
    -Some price changes
    -Hotkeys for camera movement and rotation
    -Right-click to cancel tower placement
    -Tweaked voices a bit (we will redo voices in game later, right now we've just removed some VO so not to confuse gamers)
    -Minor interface changes
    -AOE Mortar bug fixed

Edit: Also official release date was pushed back to June 5th. That doesn't really mean much to us who are already playing it though.

Love this. Those are all promising changes.
    steam_sig.png

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Right-click does indeed remove a spell from your cursor now.
    steam_sig.png
    it only removes it if you cast it with the keyboard and not your mouse. :rotate: You still can't cancel it if you used it with the left click.

I need to break that habit anyway.

The difficulty increase on hard raids is noticeable but nothing significant (i.e. if you could do them before you can now, just not quite as mindlessly); but the silver increase is pretty nice. It's map determined, meaning the earlier maps give you less silver than later maps. I was getting anywhere from 280-500 base silver for a map, plus bonus, plus any potential silver cards. Getting up silver is substantially faster now.

They lowered the prices on a lot of the earlier tier stuff in the store too, including basic packs and rare packs. Unique packs and rare artifact sets are still the same cost.

I wish they'd document their hotkeys and, more importantly, let you bind keys.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    Yeah..

F - Increase/Decrease Speed
    Space - Stop Time
    Tab - Send out next wave

That's about all I've found out so far.
  • IoloIolo Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah..

F - Increase/Decrease Speed
    Space - Stop Time
    Tab - Send out next wave

That's about all I've found out so far.

Towers are keyed to the number keys, spells to QWE.
    steam_sig.png

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    So played this for a few hours now.

Raid maps are still pathetically easy, I really hope they increase the difficulty of at least the "hard" ones quite a bit more. The increased silver rewards are very nice however, allowing you to fuse cards much faster(though this kinda exacerbates the difficulty problem).

Making rares/uniques show up more as rewards in raid maps I'm not sure about. On the one hand this reduces the need for grinding for people starting out, on the other hand stars now have even less of a purpose. Really they need to introduce a repeatable star sink that does something useful.

Sadly the random voice call-outs still occur in game but they do seem less common.

it only removes it if you cast it with the keyboard and not your mouse. :rotate: You still can't cancel it if you used it with the left click.

I need to break that habit anyway.

I always cast spell with my mouse and its letting me cancel with right-click.
    steam_sig.png
  • DyvionDyvion Registered User regular
    You could cancel a spell by clicking its icon again.
    XBox Live: Dyvion -- Steam: No Safety In Life -- League of Legends: Dyvion -- PSN: Dyvion -- Gamecenter on ithingers: Dyvion
    Mechwarrior Online: Dyvion
    "XBLIG: It's like the video game equivalent of a candy bar." -Hatedinamerica
    Well, you can't click on the icon if you're already holding down the button to drag it; but yeah, I just tried an hour ago and I definitely can't cancel with a right click while I'm dragging it with the left. Maybe it's my mouse? Dunno.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Don't drag? Just click a tower or spell and click again to deploy, or right click to cancel.
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Well, you can't click on the icon if you're already holding down the button to drag it; but yeah, I just tried an hour ago and I definitely can't cancel with a right click while I'm dragging it with the left. Maybe it's my mouse? Dunno.

Same here. I drag too.
    Yeah I didn't even really think about not dragging.

I have no idea why. I kinda thought you had to? But that doesn't even make sense given that I mainly play with hotkeys anyway. For some reason magic just felt like it was supposed to be dragged. :lol:
    - FFXI.png Kingshand