Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

PAX Australia - Featuring One of Our Own in the Indie Showcase!

• FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    I'm a bit gutted that project deadlines meant I wasn't going to make this one, but I'll probably jump across the ditch a few times in the next few years for shenanigans.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I am excited to hear stories after this is done

perhaps there will also be pictures to look upon with mine eyes?!
    4SMZq.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I won't be making it, due to lack of preparation on my part and Nat only just starting a new job recently.
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    One month until I bugger off to Mongolia. We must gather one last time @you sydney fucks

How long are you going for? And why? Sounds interesting!

I could do a pub lunch in the city this coming Saturday if you guys are keen, though I might not be able to do an evening thing.
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    @Vivixenne It's not looking good for me, at the moment I think I'll be back in Melbourne on the sunday of pax but it could still change.

Are most people planning on flying out sunday night or staying the extra night and leaving monday?
    Steam Community : Hitsuraptor
    PlayStation Network ID : Hitsuraptor
    Origin ID : Hitsu3165
    icon_flag_australia.gifAussie/NZ + Friends PA steam group icon_flag_newZealand_22x14.gif
  • VivixenneVivixenne Not Mad... Just DisappointedRegistered User regular
    Blake and I are leaving on the Monday
  • theSquidtheSquid Registered User regular
    I'll keep waiting for responses but I'm almost thinking of having two gatherings - one this Saturday arvo and a pub crawl or something a week or two from now for those that can't make it.
  • AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    That would suit me pretty well if you do something next week. I am a bit busy with my BURFDAY this weekend, so I won't be available.
  • AnzekayAnzekay The world is not beautiful Therefore it isRegistered User regular
    @hitsuraptor I'm there from wednesday-wednesday, then flying up to Brisbane to head to Harvey bay for a visit to my grandpa.
    Battletag: Anzekay#1395
  • ButlerButler Registered User regular
    I bought a three-day pass last year but I seriously doubt I'll be able to afford the trip + accommodation. I'll probably sell my pass - at or below cost of course, I'm no filthy scalping punk.
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Polar Warbear ˁ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ˀRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    I bought a three-day pass last year but I seriously doubt I'll be able to afford the trip + accommodation. I'll probably sell my pass - at or below cost of course, I'm no filthy scalping punk.

I might be interested if you decide to sell them.
    1AgQz.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Nobody has actually received the passes in the mail right?
  • AJRAJR Registered User regular
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Neither have I. They're being sent out late June, aren't they?
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Pffft. I don't know.
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Knowledge acquired!
    Tickets purchased before 14 July at 11:59 PM will be mailed. Tickets will not begin to mail until late June 2013.
  • LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    So, finally booked a hostel room for pax. I seem to be right in the thick of the city, and right near a tram line that'll take me to the showground. Overall, p good.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing Registered User regular
    Jintor wrote: »
    you flying from syd @embracetheping ? Who ya flying with?
    I'm a Perthite Jin. I'm flying with tiger (I'll be standing in the back with the chickens and assorted livestock).
    In Thursday morning and out again on Monday evening.
    randomimage.php
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 Registered User regular
    Gonna have to start putting aside some money for some nice nights out at PAX!
    CobaltSixty.png
    Also, I seem to be leaving on tuesday, so ???
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'll be flying in on the Wednesday and leaving Tuesday, so I actually have more time than I thought I did. Got plans for a few nights though, I'll see once we get closer.
    3DS: 1118-0244-2697
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Got a job interview tomorrow for web designer/developer position. So fingers crossed with that add the fact that we've got the whole "might be getting fired on Friday" problem. So I'm hoping I'll get the job. If I don't get fired and get the job I'll have to drop out from my contract with my current employers since both parties involved can do that. But hey it means I would have left a month earlier at worse.
    PixelMonkey on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is it face to face or a telephone interview?
    edited May 2013
    Face to face.

Thing is if I do get the job I am tempted to drop out of the contract. Especially since the "boss" boss and the other manager guys are well to quote the head of the marketing department "absolute wankers".
    PixelMonkey on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main reason why the head of the marketing department is quitting he's just had enough of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds pretty awesome, all the best man!

Reminds me that I gotta pick up the job hunting again. I don't think my job situation is as bad as yours but there's a current of passive aggressive horseshit in my workplace that was wearing a bit thin two years ago.
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    man student revues aren't very good are they
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Sounds pretty awesome, all the best man!

Reminds me that I gotta pick up the job hunting again. I don't think my job situation is as bad as yours but there's a current of passive aggressive horseshit in my workplace that was wearing a bit thin two years ago.

My work is pretty much always hiring. C++ or C# mostly.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Say, I've got a question for any Sydney-siders:

It sounds like our TV has finally bit it, and some research online points to it being a power supply issue (some Samsung LED TVs have capacitor problems). Anyone know how much it might cost to repair, or a good place to call by chance? :(
    工事中
    Call Samsung's support hotline and they will direct you to an authorized repairer. If the unit is under warranty it will be repaired free of charge.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Call Samsung's support hotline and they will direct you to an authorized repairer. If the unit is under warranty it will be repaired free of charge.

Good idea, thanks!

I wish it was under warranty, but it was bought before we moved from Japan. Thankfully it's not a panel issue, because that's something like $200~$1000 to get repaired.
    工事中
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    I gotta find a place to stay in Melbourne during PAX. Hmmm.
    Jintor wrote: »
    I gotta find a place to stay in Melbourne during PAX. Hmmm.

If you want to go cheap, there are a bunch of hostels in the centre of town near elizabeth street. And there's a tram that goes along elizabeth street to the showgrounds or wherever pax is.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay The world is not beautiful Therefore it isRegistered User regular
    It's possible I may have a spare 3 day pass to sell to someone, since I'm enforcing. It's 'possible' because a friend of mine is considering coming and she has first dibs on it. I'm hoping she'll make up her mind within the next week or so, after that I'll let anyone interested know if it is up for grabs.
    I think Numbers was looking for a pass, last I heard
    meanwhile work has been calm today on account of me needing to wait on other people before I can actually DO stuff

so I have been all over REIWA like a goddamn rash

shit in our price range is freakin' evaporating, and everything in Rivervale (which was previously just around our price range) has in the last 3 weeks now shot up past what we can afford

it is freakin' intimidating
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    It's possible I may have a spare 3 day pass to sell to someone, since I'm enforcing. It's 'possible' because a friend of mine is considering coming and she has first dibs on it. I'm hoping she'll make up her mind within the next week or so, after that I'll let anyone interested know if it is up for grabs.

I'll suck yo' dick, mang.

But seriously though, gimme gimme how much money do you want me to throw at you?
  • KincaidKincaid Registered User regular
    Whatever he offers, I'll give you $20 less.

Wait, damn.
    I don't remember how much it was, but basically I'll give it to you at cost bro. I'll check sometime.

Just remember, this is in case my friend decides not to come. I honestly have no idea what she's going to decide right now.

Also I believe @Seguer should have a spare pass now too, since he is also enforcing. I am not sure if he already has plans for it but I am sure you could talk him into parting with it for the at-cost price.
    Well, apparently the tickets are going to be mailed out soon. Just got an email and everything.
    . zsiSs.jpg