Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

PAX Australia - Featuring One of Our Own in the Indie Showcase!

• Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Sounds like we've got a solid group for this Saturday arvo then @Sydney people. Does anyone want to suggest a specific starting time and meeting place?

edit: it occurs to me at this point that any suggestions should be PM'd.

I'm not too fussed. The Rocks has a few nice pubs that do nice pub food, but the place can be a bit of a tourist trap.

Surry Hills has a whole bunch of pubs and places to get grub, too.
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 Registered User regular
    I don't think blowing $3000 on a TV is really an acceptable way of using the baby bonus.
    CobaltSixty.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    So, I just received an email from the pax people, because I had to change the address they were sending the tickets to.

And it was pretty much a receipt, with all the details of the tickets, and my id stuff, and how much each one cost.

And it pretty much just came over me that, holy shit, auspax is a thing that is actually happening. And I am going to it. I've got pax tickets, plane tickets, hostel bookings. This is gonna happen and wow.

I am really looking forward to the coming holidays.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    It's goin be fun on a bun.
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Sounds like we've got a solid group for this Saturday arvo then @Sydney people. Does anyone want to suggest a specific starting time and meeting place?

you rang
    nebraskasig_zps4555b5d6.png
  • theSquidtheSquid Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »

you rang

yeah

what've you got

I'm not too fussed. The Rocks has a few nice pubs that do nice pub food, but the place can be a bit of a tourist trap.

Surry Hills has a whole bunch of pubs and places to get grub, too.

The last outing we went to the Local Taphouse, I'm all for something at the Rocks.
  • EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Great timing.
    Was told yesterday that due to a downturn in logistics worldwide blah blah blah you're casual blah blah don't come in tomorrow.
    Now I have to find a new job where they won't mind me taking a long weekend in mid July.
    EmbraceThePing on
    randomimage.php
  • AJRAJR Registered User regular
    That sucks dude. Good luck in your job hunt.
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Sorry, I will not be along for this ride. :<

edited May 2013

you rang

Oh hey look who decides to turn up when it suits him. Don't you have an Ice Hockey game to watch?

Seriously though, you better come out and smash a couple o' pints with us.
    Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I thought about you guys yesterday because I shot a short film for 15 hours out in a nearby archipelago and the sun was being very friendly and today I am a bit burnt
    4SMZq.jpg
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear that, Ping. Hopefully you'll find a better job soon mate!

And Wimble, I awesomed your post for the short filmage, not the sunburnage.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    It's a very mild burn and it's serving as a constant reminder of the neat-o yesterday so I actually kind of like that it's there
    4SMZq.jpg

you rang

Oh hey look who decides to turn up when it suits him. Don't you have an Ice Hockey game to watch?

Seriously though, you better come out and smash a couple o' pints with us.

ah man i was going to but then i got put forward for a job in muswellbrook and i think we're going to go for a drive and check out the deal with muswellbrook

i don't really want to work in muswellbrook
    Ah ok. Yeah uh, Muswellbrook is... not ideal
    unless i can have a farm

then i will move to muswellbrook

(farms take care of themselves right)
    I would totally move out into the country if I could have a self-caring farm.
  • marty_0001marty_0001 Registered User regular
    I reckon when I retire I will farm trees, I think they're probably pretty easy to look after.

Note: not a euphemism for growing weed
    battleready03.jpg
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I will do whatever tomorrow. Pm me deets
    edited May 2013
    Tim I think I still may have your number.

edit: I think I've got Dom's too, but I'll PM you both anyway.
    Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited May 2013
    Added Blunter to the PM group and resent my message... any other Sydney folks I'm missing?
    Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    Sorry dudes, looks like I'll be coming up on Sunday because of logistical issues :P

Can really only justify so many arbitrary stays in the hostel
    sig-1.jpg
    God damn it blunter

Note everyone: blunter is not from Sydney so terrible Sydney organising jokes do not apply here
  • LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    I managed to get off work this weekend so that I can write about how modern communalism in India is the product of colonialism, and also write about the convention on cluster munitions.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    Squid, I cannot possible at all ever hit the agree button with more force and fervor than I just did.

Fuck this week.
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
    I am going to go home soon. Then I'll drink.

I am so tired. I need to sleep more.
  • VivixenneVivixenne Not Mad... Just DisappointedRegistered User regular
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I'll probably go in to work one day this weekend. I need to get some shit done and I work best when I'm alone.
    That sucks.

I mean, I’ll still be getting up early tomorrow. Hit the gym, help promote the next show, and train. But its work I like to do as opposed to stuff I have to do.
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    What do you do for promotion Aaron?
    don't feel TOO bad for me

I get paid bank to work on the weekends
    Mainly just hand out flyers and put out posters Blake. Usually just in the suburbs close to the venue.
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hey, guys, I've had an okay week at work!

But now I am running Sunday's shift.

Sunday manager money, though...
    Cyvros on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    What a country!

Boxing kangaroo stops jogging Australian MP in his tracks
    A startled kangaroo knocked an Australian politician to the ground and clawed his leg after its morning graze on a suburban lawn was interrupted by the jogging lawmaker.

The eastern grey kangaroo was grazing on the front yard of a house a short distance from Australia's national parliament in Canberra when Greens politician and keen triathlete Shane Rattenbury surprised the munching marsupial.

In trying to flee, the 1.4 metre (4.5 feet) tall kangaroo clawed the back of Rattenbury's left leg and knocked him to the ground as it hopped away.
    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Kangaroo's don't box joe.

You racist.
    Blake T on
  • SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
    So did any one want my PAX ticket? Cos otherwise I'll just get it refunded over the weekend. PM me!