Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[WiiU] "y cant metroid crawl?"

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »
    Europe gets the shortest ND and of course no demos of E3 games. Ha, fun.

Sometimes I feel like I'm something subhuman in the eyes of Nintendo.

On the other hand, we're getting The Wonderful 101 on 23 August, rather than somewhere in September.

• RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »
    Europe gets the shortest ND and of course no demos of E3 games. Ha, fun.

Sometimes I feel like I'm something subhuman in the eyes of Nintendo.

Australians are subhuman to Nintendo. Everyone else actually gets things.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Nobody lives in Australia... They survive Australia.
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    So...no new Metroid yet?

This thread title is a cruel joke. And I don't like it.
  • skeldareskeldare Maaaaariooooooooo? Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Wow, 5 pages since I left last night. Pretty nice direct, though outside of Sonic and a Wonderful 101 date, nothing surprising. Can't believe Europe gets EVERYTHING before us though. :evil:

Edit: Oh and I fucking hate streaming on my phone.
    skeldare on
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    idcard.php?type=3&style=1&name=skeldare&name2=1848-1663-9345
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Holy shit, e3 games at Best Buy

I guess I gotta make contingency plans for getting banned from best buy if smash bros is there

I'm thinking masks
    CD World Tour convenient status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand ==>Caulk Bite 6
    edited May 2013
    @KoopahTroopah: That'll be later.

Let me be happy about Sonic.
    edzepp on
    Do we know if EU is getting Oracle of Ages and Seasons at the same time as the US?
    So...no new Metroid yet?

This thread title is a cruel joke. And I don't like it.

If you haven't played Super Metroid... it'd be new.

Just wait until E3 I guess.
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    Sega partnership yay! New Sonic!

I'm going to wait and buy the physical copy of NSL. It'll give me more time to whittle down my backlog.
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Do we know if EU is getting Oracle of Ages and Seasons at the same time as the US?

They weren't even mentioned in the EU direct, so probably not.
    TingleSigBar.gif
    WiiU: JamWarrior
    Also Sega just announced a three game exclusive deal with Nintendo. Sonic and Mario, Sonic Lost World, and a mystery game to be announced later.
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Also Sega just announced a three game exclusive deal with Nintendo. Sonic and Mario, Sonic Lost World, and a mystery game to be announced later.

I'm calling it. Shenmue 3: Wii U Exclusive.
    I'm still bitter that Europe gets Pikmin and Wonderful 101 before America. :P

Nintendo is so biased. :D
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    edited May 2013
    Dirty wrote: »

No no...it's Skies of Arcadia 2: Pirate Harder
    Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    I'm hoping for a new Phatasy Star. Not even a PSO necessarily, just more Phantasy Star plz...
    Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    Sega needs to bring back Ristar.
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    edited May 2013
    Isn't the third just another Sonic game?
    edzepp on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm thinking it's just going to be three Sonic games.
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    Well looks like I'm going to be buying oracle of ages and seasons, and luigis campaign, and hell yeah new sonic game. I'm pumped!
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Kid Chameleon U
    Rizzi wrote: »

They weren't even mentioned in the EU direct, so probably not.

Disappointing, but not unexpected I suppose.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    It's gonna be Total War, just you wait and see!
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Now is the time for Chu Chu Rocket U
    steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I was trying to figure out why Nintendo would make demos available at Best Buy instead of on the eShop. I guess they want people to try some demos then decide to buy a WiiU, instead of appeal to the small existing user base.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
    Renzo wrote: »
    I was trying to figure out why Nintendo would make demos available at Best Buy instead of on the eShop. I guess they want people to try some demos then decide to buy a WiiU, instead of appeal to the small existing user base.

It almost makes sense! :)
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    But they could put 'em on the eShop as well. C'moooonnnnn
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular

Don't even fucking joke man. My dick can only take so much boner before I start getting dizzy
    edzepp wrote: »

So we're up to the point where Nintendo is funding the next Sonic game, I'm guessing it won't be long until Nintendo flat out buys them. I'm partly joking, but it wouldn't be a terrible move

I doubt it would happen; though I don't doubt Nintendo has the money, probably on hand, if they did want to.

But...that would actually be a potentially big deal, historical bizarreness aside. With their purchase of Relic, and already owning Platinum and Creative Assembly, it gives them a bit wider brush than Nintendos own in-house studios.

I mean, it's not as if that'd just magically turn everything around for the WiiU, Sega doesn't have that many really big selling IP's anymore; though back during the short period I actually played sports games I liked Segas better; if they could get licenses again...

Though, with the clusterfuck of management at SquareEnix that we got a view of recently...they seem more ripe for needing a buyout than Sega.

That...that would be a big deal (and still entirely unlikely...though; if Nintendo is that desperate...I bet they have the money for even that).
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    Sega doesn't own platinum
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Edit: Oracle/Seasons, never played em. Are they like Pokemon Red/Blue? Like, the same game but with minor differences? Or are they two different games?

It's been a lifetime since I played them, but IIRC they were two different games that, if you synced them up, would unlock nearly a third game's worth of content.

Oh you're right, I don't know why I thought that. :rotate:
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    KiTA wrote: »
    Edit: Oracle/Seasons, never played em. Are they like Pokemon Red/Blue? Like, the same game but with minor differences? Or are they two different games?

It's been a lifetime since I played them, but IIRC they were two different games that, if you synced them up, would unlock nearly a third game's worth of content.

Yes, two completely different games that when you beat one you get a code to enter into the other. When you beat the second game, you get a completely new final boss.
    Twitter Facebook
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

They are totally different games. Basically what you do is beat one, then link that into the second one for a New Game+ type experience. I think some stuff carries over from the other game, and ultimately you get a new, extra last boss when you link the two games.
  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    Dat Luigi box art. Totally waiting and going physical on it.
    500-80.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    Yeah, just a new final boss and some extra items you could get backtracking between games.
    sigvf.jpg
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »
    Dat Luigi box art. Totally waiting and going physical on it.

I admit I found it much more appealing than the OG NSMBU boxart.

Also, the green box itself is kinda neat.
    Also, one of the games was more action/comat focused, and the other was more focused on puzzles.
    Man, I shouldn't have even mentioned the idea of Nintendo buying SquareEnix.

I was already tingling with giddiness at the prospect of sitting back and watching the internet melt down at the idea of a Nintendo exclusive FFVI or VII remake.

However; the idea of Nintendo outright owning Final Fantasy?

I mean, we joke about peoples heads exploding...but man...I think it could actually happen. The wails...you could hear them a world away. :lol:

But on a more realistic take; I think that would be over Nintendos head. SE owns too many properties that they couldn't just suddenly make Nintendo exclusive, not to mention the PC games that Nintendo just has absolutely no experience with. They'd pretty much just have to let the Eidos side of the company still function independently; and there'd be too many games already in production for the PS4 etc that would be too expensive to just cancel and the prospects of Nintendo publishing games on Sony or Microsoft platforms, even if through a subsidiary is just weird.

Now the idea is bouncing in my head trying to figure out the logistics of it. It'll never happen but it's fun to toy with.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand