Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out why Hollywood has such a weird anathema to the ludicrously stupid plots of the things they adapt and always change it to something exactly as ludicrously stupid?

Because some top level producers in Hollywood used to be hairdressers to overrated actors so now they know everything about movies.

I've given up on trying to understand it. Executives that have no idea why what they're selling is popular.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I stop breathing for periods longer than Coulson in that scene when I'm daydreaming.

You died. Loki killed you. Sorry.
    A low key death
    jBEKRTH.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    morrison at his best.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out why Hollywood has such a weird anathema to the ludicrously stupid plots of the things they adapt and always change it to something exactly as ludicrously stupid?

because comic books are for nerds, man!

It worked exactly once, for Super Mario Bros the Movie, and it's like they've been trying to bottle that lightning ever since.

Just let demons be demons and turtles be mutants.
    WebButton.jpg sig3.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Speaking of childhood shows, I just finished up watching season 3 of Reboot.

This shot got fucking dark

I Wish it had gotten to wrap up. What ever happened to that revival project from a few years back? Wernt
    they going to make a new show?
    Anyway, season three had the best ending with that opera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot#Revival
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    I want alexis denisof as a liason to MI-13 for Agents of Shield
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    nothing about SMB: the movie "worked." That thing was a disaster.
    hope? change? busproject.org
    my unofficial autobio will be accompanied with tips on how to smile
    cause I've found that when they don't see you frown, they never know that you're a threat
    and they don't sweat you when you came around
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    All Star Superman is a hot mess of a movie and is amazing

Things that happen in All Star Superman:
    -He arm-wrestles a couple of time travelers in order to win over Lois Lane and ends up arm-wrestling so hard an island explodes
    -He takes a day trip to the center of the Earth so he can straighten some shit out with the Lizard People, and also (unrelated) so he can answer the Unsolvable Riddle of the Ultra-Sphinx (he gets the answer from a newspaper).
    -Luthor builds a robot that can recite Shakespeare so fast it destroys concrete.
    -Luthor uses a cocktail book to mix an elixer that gives him all of Superman's powers.
    -Ultra-Sphinx

You forgot one of my favorites:
    - Superman crafts mini-stars in his down time.
    Zonugal on
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I want alexis denisof as a liason to MI-13 for Agents of Shield

That still blew my mind when I found out he was creepy six-fingered dude in Avengers.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    fun facts: if you have a samsung blu-ray player, you will suffer audio cutouts on your avengers blu-ray during the final few scenes of the movie

i have tested two separate blu-rays of the avengers and can confirm this, and it is a known issue for other people

ugh
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    BeastHulk and Thorcules are both pretty obvious but good ideas.

Is Loki, like, a cross between Scar and Jafar?
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    BeastHulk and Thorcules are both pretty obvious but good ideas.

Is Loki, like, a cross between Scar and Jafar?

Nah, I think just Scar with Loki's head-wear.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i don't understand the choice for iron man.

I figured it was just that their personalities matched.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

Arrogant jackass who eventually turns out to be an all right guy after a huge ordeal.

Still weird, but i understand what it was going for.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    yeah, okay
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
    Langly wrote: »

Arrogant jackass who eventually turns out to be an all right guy after a huge ordeal.

Still weird, but i understand what it was going for.

And fabulously wealthy and their first movie had the antagonist be their old family friend /advisor

Tony Stark doesn't like being handed things, Emperor Kuzco doesn't like being touched.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    My big question is: Who is Couslon in that universe?
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    They whiffed pretty hard by not making Jafar the "treacherous silver-tongued bad guy with a mind-control staff who was banished indefinitely" character.

...whose base costume transforms into various version of itself throughout the movie.
    DE?AD on
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Kronk? Zazu?
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
    I mean obviously Thanos is Hades.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    fun facts: they barely had a script for the finale
    one actor in particular adlibbed most of his lines for Fall Out

And you know what? It's a perfect hour of television.

Seriously I watch Fall Out once every few months.

dYjxf8P.jpg
    *Backwood Folk *Eve of the Ozarks *Tumblr
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Zonugal wrote: »

I think it's Agent Cobra from Lilo and Stitch.
    Goatmon on
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

amen
    nooow heeaaar the woooord of the looooord
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    That Agent Guy from Lilo and Stitch is actually a surprisingly good call for Fury, I think.
    WebButton.jpg sig3.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    They whiffed pretty hard by not making Jafar the "treacherous silver-tongued bad guy with a mind-control staff who was banished indefinitely" character.

Scar is more reminiscent of Loki's role in Thor. Indirect heir to the throne who usurps power by making deals with the enemy.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj7BBa52niFyYfSvu7w_EecSaistT3trEiG89fEG6mt8v_2WFgXg

I like this answer the best.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I mean Hercules thor makes sense in a vacuum but if loki is scar you might as well make thor simba
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA, SolidSaints Tube admin
    alternative sequel idea
    "instead of an iron man suit he has a watch but it's on his skin so he doesn't have to wear a watch he just always know what time it is"
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

amen
    nooow heeaaar the woooord of the looooord
    The shoot out to All You Need is Love. The Number One reveal and having 1 correlate to I and then to a monkey screaming, "aye aye aye" is just the most surreal and genius thing.

And Patrick McGoohan has the greatest prescence ever.

But seriously The Prisoner is the best show ever made.

dYjxf8P.jpg
    *Backwood Folk *Eve of the Ozarks *Tumblr