Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I stop breathing for periods longer than Coulson in that scene when I'm daydreaming.
    Weaver on
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    The scene where he's making out with Maria Hill, right?
    daft1sig.gif
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SO I've decided I hate Humphries run of Ultimates. So much dang wasted potential.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I don't think "holding breath" is literal in this case
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    Last time this was brought up I'm pretty sure the source got debunked.

However I still think COulson faking his death is a pretty good possibility.
    detail-1.jpg
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    A contract with the Senior Partners does not terminate upon death.
    Gonna be straight with everybody.

If it is revealed that the guy that played Gunn is also playing Gunn in this and Buffyverse is being folded into Marvel Movie Universe I will freak the fuck out in the happiest possible way.
    detail-1.jpg
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't know where else to rant so I am going to do it here.

The new TMNT movie, is about aliens that make the turtles? Megan Fox is April? Danny Woodburn is splinter? The Turtles are CGI?

What. The. Fuck.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    I would say that Iron Man 3 is more comic booky than the last two films. You can apply even less real world logic to this movie than the last two.

Although, it was weird how
    Killian forgot that he could breathe fire when he fought Tony.
    It looked like he had to heat up quite a bit to do that, so I figured he wasn't because he didn't want to overheat and explode
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

The new TMNT movie, is about aliens that make the turtles? Megan Fox is April? Danny Woodburn is splinter? The Turtles are CGI?

What. The. Fuck.

The script with the aliens was rejected.

But anyway why does any of that matter? This aint movie worth seeing. We knew this the second Bay got his mits on it.

Can't we just ignore it?
    detail-1.jpg
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

What. The. Fuck.

The script with the aliens was rejected.

But anyway why does any of that matter? This aint movie worth seeing. We knew this the second Bay got his mits on it.

Can't we just ignore it?

The script with the aliens wasn't rejected, it was modified so that the turtles are no longer from space, but apparently aliens are still around. I was just surprised with the casting because it's horrible. It won't be ignored, it's a freaking TMNT movie.

Moving on to Superman, not sure if it's in this thread, I didn't see it, but the new poster was relased. Much better than the first one, kinda hope to get one to frame for my wall.

(Click for bigger)
    ktRIeaq.jpg
    HallowedFaith on
    edited May 2013
    But we can ignore it Hallowed faith.

We can be part of the solution!

That poster is gorgeous.
    nightmarenny on
    detail-1.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I love TMNT, I can't ignore it. I'll end up watching it. I just.. love TMNT. Not as much as I love Superman... I have an unhealthy obsession with Superman.

That poster will be mine.

Oh and here is a minimal version with just the title (fan edit):
    http://i.imgur.com/6zmPlZ3.jpg

And here is one without anything:
    http://i.imgur.com/oxbt3gD.jpg
    HallowedFaith on
    I love TMNT, I can't ignore it. I'll end up watching it. I just.. love TMNT. Not as much as I love Superman... I have an unhealthy obsession with Superman.

Why?

Why watch it?

I'll never understand.
    detail-1.jpg
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Gonna be straight with everybody.

If it is revealed that the guy that played Gunn is also playing Gunn in this and Buffyverse is being folded into Marvel Movie Universe I will freak the fuck out in the happiest possible way.

Wolfram and Hart is always looking for opportunities to expand... across all dimensions.
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I would say that Iron Man 3 is more comic booky than the last two films. You can apply even less real world logic to this movie than the last two.

Although, it was weird how
    Killian forgot that he could breathe fire when he fought Tony.
    It looked like he had to heat up quite a bit to do that, so I figured he wasn't because he didn't want to overheat and explode
    But he used the fire breathe quite casually against Rhodey and Rhodey wasn't a threat at all. So why would he take such an unnecessary risk?

When he was fighting Tony, it was a life or death situation. It would have made much more sense for him to take that risk in that situation since h needed every edge he could get.
    RE: Fire in IM3
    When he used it on Rhodey as I recall he seemed to be putting quite a lot of effort into it. Walks slowly up to him, lights up slowing, breath deep, fire.
    detail-1.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I love tmnt too. I still wont see this movie ever. Theres no chance it will be anything but another ttransformers.
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular

Why?

Why watch it?

I'll never understand.

Because sometimes giving things a shot results in being pleasantly surprised if you're being honestly open minded and not dismissing things outright. Not saying the new TMNT will be good at all, but I'm willing to give it an honest shot.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    Ceno wrote: »

Why?

Why watch it?

I'll never understand.

Because sometimes giving things a shot results in being pleasantly surprised if you're being honestly open minded and not dismissing things outright. Not saying the new TMNT will be good at all, but I'm willing to give it an honest shot.

We arn't even talking about people giving it a fair shot. We are talking about people paying attention and keeping up with the movie just to complain about what they are doing.

Don't see no point to it.
    detail-1.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Man of Steel looks so cool oh my god
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    You know, even though it's a really shitty story, I'm surprised my copy of the Essential Ms. Marvel doesn't include Avengers #200. It includes Avengers Annual #10, which discusses the events of 200 (and basically rips the story a new asshole) but I was kinda confused until I read a wiki article.

I'm sure the reason it wasn't included was partly due to page count (200 was the conclusion of a story arc that began in 197, and 200 was double-sized, so that's another hundred-plus pages right there) and partly due to the fact that fans of the character aren't really interested in reading an extended storyline that ends with her eloping with her rapist while her teammates cheer them on.
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    Every time I see the Superman Trailer, and hear the new score, I get a little more excited than I probably should be.

I'm amped up to expect this movie to be "pretty damn good" levels of enjoyable now, instead of "maybe it'll be okay" like I was 2-3 months ago. I'm hoping so much I'm not disappointed.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Phil Coulson is the new Number 2
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    You know at some point ABC will run a promo set to Secret Agent Man
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    which is funny, because the most famous recording of that was made for The Prisoner's predecessor, Danger Man
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Phil Coulson is the new Number 2

I loved The Prisoner, but then it got to the final episode. I think my expression can best be summed up as:

O_o
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    fun facts: they barely had a script for the finale
    one actor in particular adlibbed most of his lines for Fall Out
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I stop breathing for periods longer than Coulson in that scene when I'm daydreaming.

You died. Loki killed you. Sorry.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Re: Turtles

Wouldn't Krang and the denizens of Dimension X be technically classifiable as aliens? I mean, from a "modern adaptation" point of view, I could see them doing that. And if that ends up being the "aliens" I'll be fairly okay with it.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    the original script explicitly had the turtles be from another planet and not mutated in any single way
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    I wonder what sort of planet would have to exist in order for you to evolve into a humanoid turtle.
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    One that was a natural fauna rich with foot ninjas
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKQI3P1UM1KkIT8PL5oe7dn59uLBqdhWw85Ip486xcnypzIiREkw
    Triceratons or bust.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    the original script explicitly had the turtles be from another planet and not mutated in any single way

Yeah I knew about that, I was talking about the rewrite where they fixed the origin but apparently still have aliens.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone figured out why Hollywood has such a weird anathema to the ludicrously stupid plots of the things they adapt and always change it to something exactly as ludicrously stupid?
    Fugitive on
    WebButton.jpg sig3.png
  • dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    The best Superman movie that I have seen up to this point is All Star Superman. It really shows off what is so great about the character. I can only hope that they can capture that kind of vision of the Man of Steel, a man that is not only super, but a good person as well. If they can do that with Man of Steel, I'm sold.
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out why Hollywood has such a weird anathema to the ludicrously stupid plots of the things they adapt and always change it to something exactly as ludicrously stupid?

because comic books are for nerds, man!
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    does TMNT still have a big following? I mean I loved them as a kid and will therefore always have a certain level of interest in reboots or whatever, but I didn't think that franchise was still pulling much weight.
    hope? change? busproject.org
    my unofficial autobio will be accompanied with tips on how to smile
    cause I've found that when they don't see you frown, they never know that you're a threat
    and they don't sweat you when you came around