Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

1858687888991»

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I like Ruffalo way more than Norton

as an actor or as a hulk

because the man did american history x

way more as a hulk

slightly more as an actor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    It's hard for me to really say which of them I really like better because Ruffalo didn't really get that much screentime, being the Avengers and not "Incredible Hulk 2"

And also I really like Edward Norton.

But I honestly got no complaints about his performance in Avengers, so I'm fine with it.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Athenor wrote: »
    Just saw The Incredible Hulk for the first time.

Liv Tyler.. really can't act that well, can she? The only scene I really liked her in was the one where she got mad. She's just too.. elvish.

Ed Norton was pretty good. I think I like Mark Ruffalo's interpretation better.

And the setup for a potential Hulk movie in the future with the Brainiac seemed interesting too, if I was reading that scene right.

Brainiac is DC; you're thinking of the Leader.

ah, thank you. Yeah. All I know is that it's that damned annoying guy from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

But seriously, everyone kept poo-poo'ing on The Incredible Hulk.. sure, it was.. well, paper thin. But at least we didn't get a redone origin story! I also really liked the forward-thinking plot hints, like the Vita-ray serum in cryogenic suspension.

Talking about that note that the Super soldier system seems to actually work.

But it amplifies the qualities of the person. So it took Banners anger issues and turned him into a raging monster and took the desperate to fight career soldier and turned him into a walking weapon.

Yeah but Blonksy was also modified already, and showing signs of metamorphosis just from the treatments Ross had him doing.

So going through the process Banner used resulted in a very different creature for reasons beyond personality.
    Goatmon on
    Just saw The Incredible Hulk for the first time.

Liv Tyler.. really can't act that well, can she? The only scene I really liked her in was the one where she got mad. She's just too.. elvish.

Ed Norton was pretty good. I think I like Mark Ruffalo's interpretation better.

And the setup for a potential Hulk movie in the future with the Brainiac seemed interesting too, if I was reading that scene right.

Brainiac is DC; you're thinking of the Leader.

ah, thank you. Yeah. All I know is that it's that damned annoying guy from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

But seriously, everyone kept poo-poo'ing on The Incredible Hulk.. sure, it was.. well, paper thin. But at least we didn't get a redone origin story! I also really liked the forward-thinking plot hints, like the Vita-ray serum in cryogenic suspension.

I liked that it didn't take itself too seriously and the hulk seemed less cartoony than in the Ang Lee version.

It could have been a little more serious and involved a bit more plot, but as an action movie I thought it worked extremely well.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    The Hulk movie was actually a lot of fun and I think it was probably the most underrated of the films.

I mean the plot wasn't as engaging as the other Phase one movies and the cast sans Norton was pretty paper thin.

But the action scenes were awesome.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tube wrote: »
    That bit where blonsky mouths off to hulk and gets kicked into a tree was worth the price of admission on its own.

Really even if he was juiced up he still weighed like a tenth of the hulk what was he expecting there ?
    King Riptor on
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    That was right around the time he started going a little crazy, so I mean....
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    By the way guys, reminder

The Incredible Hulk TV series is streaming on Netflix

I need to get deeper into it, I really, really loved the pilot
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA, SolidSaints Tube admin
    The cool thing about the TV show is that it made the hulk's changing conditions way more dangerous. In the films it's like "well he might change if he gets beat up by a bunch of thugs or the army shoot tear gas at him" but honestly how often does that happen? In the show he'll change because he gets frustrated while changing a tire.

It's kind of odd how far out of shape (for him, obviously) Ferrigno was in the role though.
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I still love that they used Ferrigno for all Hulk's (admittedly like three) lines.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I think I need to watch Avengers again. For the...4th time? Because Ruffalo's performance has never grabbed me. He just seems mumbly to me, and even when he yells at Natasha, he isn't too convincing. It didn't bother me, it just didn't register at all.

Maybe it's hard for me to give him a fair shake when he's next to RDJ and the Chris-es.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA, SolidSaints Tube admin
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I still love that they used Ferrigno for all Hulk's (admittedly like three) lines.

Ruffalo did Hulk in the new one, which was weird because for me Ferrigno is the voice of Hulk.
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    IM3 Spoilers
    When I asked Whedon if that made it a challenge putting Iron Man in Avengers 2, he remarked, “Well, I feel like in Iron Man 3, even though he said, ‘I’ve changed' -- he blew up his remote suits, but I don’t think anybody thinks he doesn’t have one anymore. The question is, if The Avengers are called, does he show up? And the answer is, ‘Yes!’”
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    IM3 Spoilers
    When I asked Whedon if that made it a challenge putting Iron Man in Avengers 2, he remarked, “Well, I feel like in Iron Man 3, even though he said, ‘I’ve changed' -- he blew up his remote suits, but I don’t think anybody thinks he doesn’t have one anymore. The question is, if The Avengers are called, does he show up? And the answer is, ‘Yes!’”
    My brother and I honestly figured he didn't have one anymore. We figured he could've built another, sure, but he didn't have one ready.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

Ruffalo did Hulk in the new one, which was weird because for me Ferrigno is the voice of Hulk.

IIRC, it was a composite of Ruffalo and Ferrigno.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    IM3 Spoilers
    My brother and I honestly figured he didn't have one anymore. We figured he could've built another, sure, but he didn't have one ready.
    ...He's gonna build another one, is probably what Whedon meant

Because 9% think it's too high, and shouldn't be cut! 9% of respondents could not fully
    get their arms around the question. There should be another box you can check for, "I
    have utterly no idea what you're talking about. Please, God, don't ask for my input."