Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    So I am a nanny for a three and a two year old so I've seen the avengers four times in the past two days

that's a really good movie

and when I really think about it, iron man is my favorite super hero

RDJ is such a great tony and everything the suits do looks so slick and powerful and just

god so good

You and me my friend

Iron Man 4 lyfe
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Okay, I have to ask. What hell does cisgendered mean.

Like, I know what it means; but I can't think of any other word that starts with cis, so I'm not entirely sure what that prefix actually means. I just know the word as a whole from context.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    I mean, you know, unless he's lying
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Bell: Killed it! He’s so good. He’s so good, because we were looking for this character M-- I almost said his name. It’s not the one people are talking about.
    MILES MILES MILES MILES MILES
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Bell: Killed it! He’s so good. He’s so good, because we were looking for this character M-- I almost said his name. It’s not the one people are talking about.
    MILES MILES MILES MILES MILES
    [Editor's Note: Yes, it kind of sounded like Bell was about to say a name beginning with an M... but maybe he just made a strong "HMM" sound when he stopped himself! Ah, so much to ponder.]

:rotate:
    steam_sig-400.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Muke Cage
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Maarebas Registered User regular
    Mr. Luke Cage
    NSxe4l9.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    honestly i think it's Patriot but i'd love for it to be Miles

(it's not gonna be miles)
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I could see it

they want a spider-man, and can use whichever spider-man they want, but they are on fairly good terms with sony and don't want to antagonize them

so they take the miles morales name and his powers, but play the character more like the older peter parker who deals with the avengers and shield and stuff

maybe they won't use the spider-man name so they can get him in on avengers 2
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    The Human Spider
    personaqn.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Man-Spider
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Tarantula

Scarlet Spider

Steel Spider

get him associated with Stark Industries, Iron Spider
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mack panther
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    There is no way they are making Miles a middle aged man

Spider-Men spoilers
    Maybe that's what shocked Peter at the end.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    If he was spider man with Luke cages invulnerable skin I could easily see them calling him tyke Steel Spider

Just use the idea but have as little connections to Sony Spider-Man as possible
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    Did we ever figure out if the Marvel flipbook thing is always the same or not? Maybe there's something to the Rage idea.

On the other hand, that interview seems to imply (to me) that the character isn't traditionally black.

Also: The trailer shows that he has something in his arms-- does that look familiar to anyone?
  • RobbieOCRobbieOC Registered User regular
    Moon Knight? Machine Man?
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    don't forget that Iron Fist could probably dip into old Iron Fisting skills and shoot arrows like lightning from god
    ETqXK.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    What's the spider stand for?

It's not a spider. In Brooklyn, it means hope.

How about Sp- @#$@#

As someone from Brooklyn, Spider-Man is from Queens.
    daft1sig.gif
    Queens up front, Brooklyn's in the back.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    Moonlight Knight.

Sailor Moon crossover confirmed.
    daft1sig.gif
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So there is a rumor going around about Hawkeye not appearing in Avengers 2, Renner being re-cast and Clint moving to Agents of SHIELD. It is probably a load of bullshit because it is from a "Hollywood source" and Fiege has said all of the team from Avengers 1 comes back for the sequel.

Also, on set photos from Winter Soldier revealed a kinda surprising cameo:
    Gary Shandling reprises his role as Senator Stern from Iron Man 2.

I hope
    he is Steve's second biggest fan
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    So there is a rumor going around about Hawkeye not appearing in Avengers 2, Renner being re-cast and Clint moving to Agents of SHIELD. It is probably a load of bullshit because it is from a "Hollywood source" and Fiege has said all of the team from Avengers 1 comes back for the sequel.

Also, on set photos from Winter Soldier revealed a kinda surprising cameo:
    Gary Shandling reprises his role as Senator Stern from Iron Man 2.

That's dumb but it would explain why Hawkeye is conspicuously absent from Cap 2.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    That can also be easily explained by throwing Hawkeye into the already crowded movie when Widow fills his role fairly well and is a female lead would do more harm than good.

And I say this as someone who fucking loves Hawkeye
    That can also be easily explained by throwing Hawkeye into the already crowded movie when Widow fills his role fairly well and is a female lead would do more harm than good.

And I say this as someone who fucking loves Hawkeye

Well I mean, what's strange IS that Blackwidow and all the other SHIELD characters as well as some new ones are there with only Hawkeye being left out.

It probably was just an overcrowded issue where they decided they wanted to introduce Falcon and give Widow more screen time so he just had to be left out from a logistical perspective.

detail-1.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    Conspicuous in what way? I'm sure hulk and tony and Thor won't have much presence either

just cuz there's Natasha doesn't mean there's Clint

though I'd like clint

and would love Jeremy Renner

love him down
    qZBj2IN.png

Anything that Fiege makes an actual point to admit and clear up definitely takes precedence over a rumor from "a source" for me
    ETqXK.png
    and besides, isn't Hawkeye the only Avenger that has had any presence in another lead's movie thus far? maybe they're just giving someone else a shot?

why did anyone expect him to be in Cap 2 in the first place?
    ETqXK.png
    Conspicuous in what way? I'm sure hulk and tony and Thor won't have much presence either

just cuz there's Natasha doesn't mean there's Clint

though I'd like clint

and would love Jeremy Renner

love him down

Like I said he's the only established SHIELD character(except Coulson for obvious reasons) not appearing including several new ones.

Its probably just there is no room for him though.
    detail-1.jpg
    Futore wrote: »
    and besides, isn't Hawkeye the only Avenger that has had any presence in another lead's movie thus far? maybe they're just giving someone else a shot?

why did anyone expect him to be in Cap 2 in the first place?

Black Widow had a gigantic part in IM2.

I thought he might have been because Cap is working with SHIELD and every other SHIELD character will be appearing.
    detail-1.jpg
    oohp. right. black widow. neeeeeeeeevermind!

the whole cast for Thor 2 has been revealed at this point, right? it would actually be pretty fun having Clint reprise his role there and help out the asgardians as the expert archer in mystical adventures
    ETqXK.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm always baffled by the love the Riddick movies get here
    I've seen Pitch Black, and it was a fine sci-fi horror thing, I got nothing against it

But I've seen probably 30 minutes of Chronicles of Riddick and what I saw was absolute garbage

I mean, I don't mean to hate on people who dig it, I've just never been able to see what others saw in it
    Different strokes I guess
    the xbox vidgame was realreal good. that's about my only positive exposure to it
    ETqXK.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm always baffled by the love the Riddick movies get here
    I've seen Pitch Black, and it was a fine sci-fi horror thing, I got nothing against it

But I've seen probably 30 minutes of Chronicles of Riddick and what I saw was absolute garbage

I mean, I don't mean to hate on people who dig it, I've just never been able to see what others saw in it
    Different strokes I guess

If it helps, as a fan of that first movie, I don't get it either

Chronicles of Riddick was a pile of burning trash so bad it killed the franchise for years

Pitch Black was pretty great and Riddick is a pretty cool character, but man I am stunned he is getting a second chance after that
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!