Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Pitch Black is a great little horror/action movie.

Chronicles of Riddick has about 30 minutes in the middle that is god damned GOLDEN; but it's sandwiched between overblown world-building and a silly "universe in danger" plot.

If you like crazy, half-baked scifi universes, you may like the other stuff; otherwise it's probably skippable.

But like I said, the 30 minutes in the middle are bloody fantastic.
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    glithert wrote: »
    Vin Diesel strikes me as the kind of guy you just want to have a beer with

my greatest wish is that vin diesel comes into the nerd store and i can shoot the shit with him about THOR GOD OF THUNDER for ten minutes and maybe play in his d&d campaign
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Vin Diesel is a beacon of positivity and optimism.

He is maybe the least cynical movie star in Hollywood

The dude just seems like the nicest, most enthusiastic guy

I think Hugh Jackman slightly edges him out
    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    fun game replace all of Vin Diesel dialogue in any of his movies with snchitzel from chowders dialogue
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    rachel what does that post mean

are you nominating ryan gosling for best

he's in my top 3
    qZBj2IN.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    this is the closest to a movie thread we have and it's a neat poster

i am currently hoping Instant Crush from Random Access Memories gets used in the next Gosling/Refn film collaboration
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    oh yeah that came out

i should listen to that

i never listened to the single
    qZBj2IN.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    get lucky works better in the context of the rest of the album i dont really like it on its own
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sitwell has, Hill has not.

http://variety.com/2012/film/news/frank-grillo-to-play-crossbones-in-captain-america-sequel-1118061391/
    Chris Evans returns as the star-spangled hero in “Captain America: Winter Soldier,” along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes (who becomes assassin the Winter Soldier), Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Scarlett Johansson. Anthony Mackie will play Cap ally The Falcon.

Is this article wrong?

(Also apparently Howard Stark will be making an appearance)
    nightmarenny on
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Oh so the new Daft Punk album is good?

I really don't like "Get Lucky" and wasn't very hopeful
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Bah what the fuck

Why doesn't Amazon MP3 get it until the 21st

EDIT: Ahhh and there's a new Vampire Weekend album

Why did music choose this week to get interesting again?
    UnbreakableVow on
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    But he came in and killed it. Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor. It wasn’t like, “You know who…!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3T-evQZiQo

At 2:14 there is something metal and glowy on/in JAR's arm

So here's my thinking:

We're looking for a bionic superhero who is not necessarily black in the comics and is more obscure than Luke Cage
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    In a shocking twist, Marvel has acquired the license to exactly one DC character, Cyborg

When asked for comments, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige replied with a mumble of "favorite Teen Titan"
    acblackflag.jpg
    Jimothy wrote: »
    But he came in and killed it. Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor. It wasn’t like, “You know who…!”

So here's my thinking:

We're looking for a bionic superhero who is not necessarily black in the comics and is more obscure than Luke Cage

Machine Man
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    RAM is the beginning of the electro disco funk revolution.
    daft2.gif
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Registered User regular
    After catching up on the last 20 pages of this thread, I wanted to run an idea by everyone.

Iron Man 3 ending speculation:
    So Killian blows up, but isn't necessarily dead. It would be fun if the Extremis went haywire and gave him a huge head and the tiny limbs to be MODOK. I realize that there's almost no chance of that since MODOK is too silly, but I'd watch that film.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    yeah it's basically Daft Punk Goes Disco
    edited May 2013
    But

But I don't really like disco

I didn't know anyone still liked disco

Perhaps my mom might dig the new Daft Punk?
    UnbreakableVow on
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    I think this is Daft Punk making you appreciate disco
    acblackflag.jpg
    the new daft punk album is basically the best possible response to the stagnant electronic dance music scene that they helped, in part, shape to begin with

cannot wait to see what people make in response to RAM
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

So here's my thinking:

Machine Man

Maybe! I like it
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    "Get Lucky" is basically a Chic song

which is just fine by me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    After catching up on the last 20 pages of this thread, I wanted to run an idea by everyone.

Iron Man 3 ending speculation:
    So Killian blows up, but isn't necessarily dead. It would be fun if the Extremis went haywire and gave him a huge head and the tiny limbs to be MODOK. I realize that there's almost no chance of that since MODOK is too silly, but I'd watch that film.

I don't know why so many people are suggesting this
    He's the Mandarin. Let them keep using him as the Mandarin. Somebody else can be MODOK.
    detail-1.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Bah what the fuck

What is a "vampire weekend" is it the shorter sequel to 30 days of night?
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Bah what the fuck

What is a "vampire weekend" is it the shorter sequel to 30 days of night?

Any excuse to post this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g

I love single-take videos
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    Oh shit a third VW album? Spotified.
    detail-1.jpg
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    I finally got to see Iron Man 3 last night. It was good!
    Im so glad I wasn't spoilered about the Mandarin, because that was a great reveal. Like, Darth Vader is Luke's father great.

Question, though: was there only the one stinger? I thought there was going to be a whole space suit, Guardians of the Galaxy thing?
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    that was a rumor
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

So here's my thinking:

Deathlok?

Edit: On the SHIELD trailer - all the characters look awesome. Skye, Melinda May, Coulson (naturally) and Simmons instantly won me over. Not sold completely on Fitz or Ward. They didn't leave much of an impression. They had better do something good with Ward. He looks the most boring character on the show - of course he'd be perfect for a "straight man" for the comedy bits.
    Harry Dresden on
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    Oh, man, I used to think Deathlok was the shit.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    he still is!
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    I don't follow him any more, so I wouldn't know.

But I did think he was tits back in the day.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Sarukun you should read a story called Tomorrow Dies Today

it basically answers the question, "what if Terminator was about an army of Deathloks?"
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    What's the spider stand for?

It's not a spider. In Brooklyn, it means hope.

How about Sp- @#$@#

As someone from Brooklyn, Spider-Man is from Queens.

Peter Parker is from Queens Miles Morales is from Brooklyn god Trippy....
    personaqn.png
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    But

But I don't really like disco

I didn't know anyone still liked disco

Perhaps my mom might dig the new Daft Punk?

Disco owns, listen to Earth, Wind & Fire
    personaqn.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I have been wonderfully surprised by RAM. it is a good fucking album and thus far seems to work best as a whole. I am OKAY with that.

Get Lucky has spawned some sexy and interesting covers, too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Cp55MvX54

hearing them sung like this is the first time i've really been super interested in Daft Punk lyrics. shit is dope dope dope
    ETqXK.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck that cover @Futore
    daft2.gif
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    some baby makin music right thur, huh?

like even just getting ready for the day you can listen to that and feel great and just know that,
    if need be,
    you could get...
    ETqXK.png