Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    oohp. right. black widow. neeeeeeeeevermind!

the whole cast for Thor 2 has been revealed at this point, right? it would actually be pretty fun having Clint reprise his role there and help out the asgardians as the expert archer in mystical adventures

It's not till after Avengers 2, but I say put him in Ant-Man
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Thomas Scioli ‏@tomscioli 1h
    Not quitting comics. Sorry for the drama. Thanks for the support. More detailed explanation once I've caught up with my day job work.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

the whole cast for Thor 2 has been revealed at this point, right? it would actually be pretty fun having Clint reprise his role there and help out the asgardians as the expert archer in mystical adventures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jgCFuA8aAw
    ETqXK.png
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    I adore Chronicles of Riddick.

Because that is a film just having fun with itself.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Not quitting comics. Sorry for the drama. Thanks for the support. More detailed explanation once I've caught up with my day job work.

wait did I miss something

a) who is tom scioli and b) why was he maybe quitting
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Tom Scioli is the author of American Barbarian and Godland, and he was maybe quitting because of some interaction with some publisher or something, details are fuzzy.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I'm familiar with ambarb (two tank omen is fantastic) but I forgot the dude's name
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

2010-07-14ambarb.gif

So that's where Grant Morrison's drug stash got to. :mrgreen:
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 BFL Classic Same twin flavor that you've always lovedRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

2010-07-14ambarb.gif

that guy on the bottom left looks like a combination of Darkseid and a transformer
    wb5cft.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    ambarb is the best webcomic

no other webcomic will ever be as good as ambarb
    Jimothy wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jgCFuA8aAw

Yes, that is why
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    My issue with J August Richards' character being either Patriot or Miles is the way he crushes the pavement when he lands in that first glimpse we saw.

Patriot's just a peak human thanks to a supersoldier blood transfusion, he wouldn't land any heavier than Cap, and Spider-Men definitely land lighter than that. You've got to be super strong + durable to leave your footprints in the asphalt like that.
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    Woah. I need to read AmBarb
    dYjxf8P.jpg
    *Backwood Folk *Eve of the Ozarks *Tumblr
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    He's Wilson Fisk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh shit

this is the big Marvelman reveal
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Woah. I need to read AmBarb

2011-04-12ambarb.jpg
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    i think that might have been a poorly-worded angry twitter post followed by a giant leap to conclusions by the entirety of the internet

but who knows
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm always baffled by the love the Riddick movies get here
    I've seen Pitch Black, and it was a fine sci-fi horror thing, I got nothing against it

But I've seen probably 30 minutes of Chronicles of Riddick and what I saw was absolute garbage

I mean, I don't mean to hate on people who dig it, I've just never been able to see what others saw in it
    Different strokes I guess

If it helps, as a fan of that first movie, I don't get it either

Chronicles of Riddick was a pile of burning trash so bad it killed the franchise for years

Pitch Black was pretty great and Riddick is a pretty cool character, but man I am stunned he is getting a second chance after that

Considering Riddick is basically Vin Diesal's pet project at this point, I imagine he using a lot of clout and favors to get this made.
    Conspicuous in what way? I'm sure hulk and tony and Thor won't have much presence either

just cuz there's Natasha doesn't mean there's Clint

though I'd like clint

and would love Jeremy Renner

love him down

Like I said he's the only established SHIELD character(except Coulson for obvious reasons) not appearing including several new ones.

Its probably just there is no room for him though.

Have Maria Hill or Agent Sitwell been confirmed?
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Sitwell has, Hill has not.
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sitwell has, Hill has not.

Huh? Hill has definitely been confirmed for Winter Soldier.
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm always baffled by the love the Riddick movies get here
    I've seen Pitch Black, and it was a fine sci-fi horror thing, I got nothing against it

But I've seen probably 30 minutes of Chronicles of Riddick and what I saw was absolute garbage

I mean, I don't mean to hate on people who dig it, I've just never been able to see what others saw in it
    Different strokes I guess

If it helps, as a fan of that first movie, I don't get it either

Chronicles of Riddick was a pile of burning trash so bad it killed the franchise for years

Pitch Black was pretty great and Riddick is a pretty cool character, but man I am stunned he is getting a second chance after that

Considering Riddick is basically Vin Diesal's pet project at this point, I imagine he using a lot of clout and favors to get this made.
    Conspicuous in what way? I'm sure hulk and tony and Thor won't have much presence either

just cuz there's Natasha doesn't mean there's Clint

though I'd like clint

and would love Jeremy Renner

love him down

Like I said he's the only established SHIELD character(except Coulson for obvious reasons) not appearing including several new ones.

Its probably just there is no room for him though.

Have Maria Hill or Agent Sitwell been confirmed?

not confirmed, but have a listen to the voice asking questions at the start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

We were talking about Cap 2 :D
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    dude in shield trailers has got to be Patriot

the 'i should have a shield?' line is just too spot on for it to be anyone else
    rotate.jpg
    Patriot can't crush pavement by jumping on it
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    616 Patriot can't crush pavement by jumping on it
    15Tpj.jpeg
    don't make me break out the transformers continuity family charts and disambiguation pages
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    Didn't they imply that it was a guy who wasn't black originally?
    Moth 13 wrote: »

they implied it was a possibility, but even then, the shield comment, i don't know who else it could be

they also probably aren't doing mutants because im pretty sure FOX still owns at least the movie rights to X-Men, and with AoS being tied straight to the MCU, they most likely wont want to push that too far.

...although, did i see a hugh jackman shot with one of the characters posted awhile back?
    rotate.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    don't make me break out the transformers continuity family charts and disambiguation pages

let me tell you about transtech
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Nogs wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »

they implied it was a possibility, but even then, the shield comment, i don't know who else it could be

they also probably aren't doing mutants because im pretty sure FOX still owns at least the movie rights to X-Men, and with AoS being tied straight to the MCU, they most likely wont want to push that too far.

...although, did i see a hugh jackman shot with one of the characters posted awhile back?

That was from Days of Future Past; the guy in question was the actor who plays Beast.
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Joolander wrote: »

We were talking about Cap 2 :D

oh, well uh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGbPs5y3oz8
    Joolander on
    alright then, yeah

my prediction is that they dont encounter mutants (or at least any X specific characters) and at best mention them in passing.
    rotate.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    If he was spider man with Luke cages invulnerable skin I could easily see them calling him tyke Steel Spider

Just use the idea but have as little connections to Sony Spider-Man as possible

steel spider is an actual guy though

ollie osnick

he used to idolize doc ock and made his own tentacles and then realized spidey was the bomb and made them into spider legs and then when he grew up he wore a black spider-man costume with them and also he was crazy and mac gargan as venom ate one of his arms i think
  • glithertglithert The richest duck in the world Duckburg, CalisotaRegistered User regular
    Vin Diesel strikes me as the kind of guy you just want to have a beer with
    beagleboys_zpsef7ae967.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Wal-Mart's got these slick steelbook Blu-ray/DVD combos going for pretty cheap now, including Pitch Black and Riddick

Having seen neither, I was thinking I should drop down on these

I absolutely love the game, at the very least
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!