Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    ABC is launching their own streaming service that requires you to log in with your cable provider un/p
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu Registered User regular
    So uh...who's excited for Riddick??

http://youtu.be/tDxDEjDMreA

Looks to be bringing back that Pitch Black feel.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Yup.

Hopefully Riddick is more of a character than a cardboard cutout this time.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Too much like Pitch Black. Same story beats and everything. Disappointing but not unexpected from what I've heard about it in production. If I want to watch Pitch Black I'll watch that instead. Though I'm glad Katee Sackhoff is getting work.
    Harry Dresden on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Riddick movie looks too much like other, good Riddick movie. But different from other, not as good Riddick movie. Is this a complaint?

Looks great and I want to see it.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    real talk

Escape from Butcher Bay is one of the best games of all time
    personaqn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Too much like Pitch Black. Same story beats and everything. Disappointing but not unexpected from what I've heard about it in production. If I want to watch Pitch Black I'll watch that instead. Though I'm glad Katee Sackhoff is getting work.

It's weird that you know the entire plot based on a trailer, that's pretty cool!

Guys, I heard Iron Man 3 also features a snarky jerk in a suit fighting people. Let's just watch the first one instead.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    good idea, the first is the best of the three anyway.
    15Tpj.jpeg
    IMDB says that Karl Urban is also in this one, so that makes me happy.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular

It's weird that you know the entire plot based on a trailer, that's pretty cool!

Guys, I heard Iron Man 3 also features a snarky jerk in a suit fighting people. Let's just watch the first one instead.

The trailer is kind of built in a way that says to me "Hey, remember Pitch Black?!".

I will still watch the shit out of this movie, though.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    as the resident "big riddick fan"

fuck yes give me that movie
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

How can I not? I watched the first movie and they picked up several scenes from the trailer that tried to sell it as Pitch Black 2.0. I'd love to see a Riddick movie that expanded on the universe's mythology but they're retreading old ground here. Or if they're not - they want the audience to believe it.

An exception to the rule. Movie trailers showing everything in the movie are a thing.
    Harry Dresden on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    This was the first big trailer; they always leave out stuff until the second trailer. And I KNOW stuff was left out becuase
    That trailer doesn't bring up any of the Necromonger stuff that the creators have said will be in this film. They didn't cast Karl Urban for nothing, after all.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    ABC is launching their own streaming service that requires you to log in with your cable provider un/p

Noooo.

Cartoon Network does this too

It is the worst
    Jimothy wrote: »

Noooo.

It is the worst

I thought this was just an update to their existing on-demand viewing service. It'll let you watch live TV with the app, but only if you're a cable subscriber.

steam_sig-400.png

Noooo.

It is the worst

I see how that makes sense for CN, since it's a cable network.

But ABC isn't a cable network. I must not understand how this works. That or ABC doesn't understand how this works.
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

HELL YES
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Noooo.

It is the worst

But ABC isn't a cable network. I must not understand how this works. That or ABC doesn't understand how this works.

If you ask me, the only network that's taken a sensible approach to streaming is HBO.

Are you my customer? If yes, you can watch anything anytime.

I realize they're a premium channel but I doubt it would be hard to monetize this on other channels too. Unfortunately it starts looking too much like a la carte cable and will never fly.
    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk>, XBL/LoL/HoN- Amalockh, SC2- Rhylith.485
    rhylith wrote: »

Noooo.

It is the worst

If you ask me, the only network that's taken a sensible approach to streaming is HBO.

I realize they're a premium channel but I doubt it would be hard to monetize this on other channels too. Unfortunately it starts looking too much like a la carte cable and will never fly.

the only problem with the HBO model is that you still have to have a cable provider in the first place.
    rhylith wrote: »

Noooo.

It is the worst

the only problem with the HBO model is that you still have to have a cable provider in the first place.

From what I understand they're considering changing that.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    they'd be smart to do so
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular

Yeah, it looks like it's the exact same premise as the first film. Dude gets captured, planet goes dark or whatever and horde of nightcritters come out and they let him out to stay alive.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular

Noooo.

It is the worst

Yeah, ABC is a free channel, so that doesn't really make any sense.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • RobbieOCRobbieOC Registered User regular
    The episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Spider-Man is pretty great. I'd watch that show if it was just Spidey and Cap being heroes together all the time.
    Goatmon wrote: »

Noooo.

It is the worst

Yeah, ABC is a free channel, so that doesn't really make any sense.

it is free, but the majority of people watching have cable anyway so they decided to just sorta press the issue, since they charge providers to carry their network
    Gonna be waiting a while for that one.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Noooo.

It is the worst

I thought this was just an update to their existing on-demand viewing service. It'll let you watch live TV with the app, but only if you're a cable subscriber.

They arent even a fucking cable channel. Jesus.

Noooo.

It is the worst

They arent even a fucking cable channel. Jesus.

I think this strategy is called "We Don't Want Anyone Under the Age of 50 to Watch Our Shows"
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    So I am a nanny for a three and a two year old so I've seen the avengers four times in the past two days

that's a really good movie

and when I really think about it, iron man is my favorite super hero

RDJ is such a great tony and everything the suits do looks so slick and powerful and just

god so good
    qZBj2IN.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    sorry that's wrong Captain America is the best forever
    sorry that's wrong Captain America is the best forever

dTqZqkJ.png
    steam_sig-400.png
    God I really want to watch iron man 3 again
    qZBj2IN.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    RobbieOC wrote: »
    The episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Spider-Man is pretty great. I'd watch that show if it was just Spidey and Cap being heroes together all the time.

Could have been so much better if it had the original Spectacular voice actor for Spider-Man rather than this new guy they are pushing.
    steam_sig.png
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    oh my god
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    That page is pretty hot
    qZBj2IN.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Yeah while Fantastic Four is kinda boring FF has been fucking incredible