Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I want to see Marvel make Bi-Beast work on film. Or the U-Foes.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was a big fan of the fights in Incredible Hulk

Especially when they used moves that were just literally from the game Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
    acblackflag.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i definitely wish we could've seen Norton's Banner in Avengers

as is I'm pretending that gamma radiation, transformations, and time have altered his physiology which is why he looks different

as for Rhodey i just imagine it was cheadle in Iron Man
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff Registered User regular
    All the scenes between Stark and Banner would be a fair bit different with Norton playing the character, but I'm having a hard time articulating how. For me, Ruffalo Banner came off as kind of timid, which in the beginning of the film was sort of the point. Norton Banner, I think, would have a bit of a darker side just bubbling beneath the surface. More attitude, silly as that sounds.

http://strngrinastrngland.tumblr.com/ - My Tumblr / http://twitter.com/#!/dirtylonghair - My Twitter / GT: GreasyKidsStuff
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i dont really like how film crit hulk is just all caps and occasionally referring to himself as hulk but i do like this piece
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/05/the-hulk-on-mark-ruffalos-hulk.html
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    All the scenes between Stark and Banner would be a fair bit different with Norton playing the character, but I'm having a hard time articulating how. For me, Ruffalo Banner came off as kind of timid, which in the beginning of the film was sort of the point. Norton Banner, I think, would have a bit of a darker side just bubbling beneath the surface. More attitude, silly as that sounds.

I think that's as good a take as any on Norton's Banner.

He seemed to me like more of a scientist? A lot more detached from his condition as the Hulk than Ruffalo.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i definitely wish we could've seen Norton's Banner in Avengers

as is I'm pretending that gamma radiation, transformations, and time have altered his physiology which is why he looks different

as for Rhodey i just imagine it was cheadle in Iron Man

I kind of wish they would just digitally insert him in subsequent releases

Cheadle is the best Rhodey. Does a fantastic Tony Stark on House of Lies, too.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    IM3 stinger spoilers
    when I saw it, the row of nerds right in front of me all yelled SCIENCE BROS!!!!! in unison after the stinger
    I wanted to lean down and slap all of them
  • AthenorAthenor Dapper Storyteller Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i dont really like how film crit hulk is just all caps and occasionally referring to himself as hulk but i do like this piece
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/05/the-hulk-on-mark-ruffalos-hulk.html

I love reading that article, caps lock or no.
    Friendship_vs_world_signature_zps8ed7bd86.jpg
    NNID and many other services: Athenor or Myridiam // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I like the way Ruffalo yells at Natasha in the beginning just to see what she'll do

It's so believable and scary and it colors the rest of the film

He's always angry
    -Tal on
    personaqn.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    that seems pretty extremely inoffensive
    qZBj2IN.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    IM3 stinger spoilers
    when I saw it, the row of nerds right in front of me all yelled SCIENCE BROS!!!!! in unison after the stinger
    IM3 stinger spoilers
    I'm not going to lie

I really like MCU Tony and Bruce being Science Bros

Not enough that I yelled it in the middle of a movie theater, but
    acblackflag.jpg
    It was literally at the end of the end of the movie and they said two words
    qZBj2IN.png
    Those fuckers, I should slap all of them

how

dare

they
    qZBj2IN.png
    I

I'm assuming you're taking what I said and overblowing it as part of the joke, right?
    acblackflag.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I've actually gotten used to Ruffalo's Hulk at this time.

I feel he does a really good job of coming off unhinged while still being likable and charismatic.
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    I woulda said, hey, kids

science is pretty hip, I think

stay in school
    02YsrWP.jpg
    I

I'm assuming you're taking what I said and overblowing it as part of the joke, right?
    nah i'm giving grey ghost shit
    qZBj2IN.png
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    science is pretty coxa
    personaqn.png
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm weird

But I don't really have a problem with recasting Banner or Rhodey

I enjoyed all four of those actors' performances

And while it would have been nice to not have characters recast for consistency/continuity/stability's sake

I don't get the desire to go back in time and erase the previous actors' performances. They're still valid, and still good.

Point is, while it could have taken me out of their respective films, it didn't? Doesn't bother me in the slightest, doesn't seem like a blemish on the MCU, and I was able to believe they were the same characters, and didn't feel a need to justify why they looked and sounded different.

In contrast, the two actresses that portrayed Rachel in Nolan's Batman series did feel like different characters to me

But I also didn't like either of those characters at all. So while that case could have taken me out the movie, I just didn't care enough.

Different strokes for different folks
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Just saw The Incredible Hulk for the first time.

Liv Tyler.. really can't act that well, can she? The only scene I really liked her in was the one where she got mad. She's just too.. elvish.

Ed Norton was pretty good. I think I like Mark Ruffalo's interpretation better.

And the setup for a potential Hulk movie in the future with the Brainiac seemed interesting too, if I was reading that scene right.

Brainiac is DC; you're thinking of the Leader.

ah, thank you. Yeah. All I know is that it's that damned annoying guy from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

But seriously, everyone kept poo-poo'ing on The Incredible Hulk.. sure, it was.. well, paper thin. But at least we didn't get a redone origin story! I also really liked the forward-thinking plot hints, like the Vita-ray serum in cryogenic suspension.

Talking about that note that the Super soldier system seems to actually work.

But it amplifies the qualities of the person. So it took Banners anger issues and turned him into a raging monster and took the desperate to fight career soldier and turned him into a walking weapon.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    IM3 stinger spoilers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCK

FUCK YOU MARVEL GODDAMMIT
    Jimothy wrote: »
    In contrast, the two actresses that portrayed Rachel in Nolan's Batman series did feel like different characters to me

But I also didn't like either of those characters at all. So while that case could have taken me out the movie, I just didn't care enough.

Different strokes for different folks

True. Still prefer Maggie Gyllenhaal in the role.
    Just saw The Incredible Hulk for the first time.

Liv Tyler.. really can't act that well, can she? The only scene I really liked her in was the one where she got mad. She's just too.. elvish.

Ed Norton was pretty good. I think I like Mark Ruffalo's interpretation better.

And the setup for a potential Hulk movie in the future with the Brainiac seemed interesting too, if I was reading that scene right.

Brainiac is DC; you're thinking of the Leader.

ah, thank you. Yeah. All I know is that it's that damned annoying guy from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

But seriously, everyone kept poo-poo'ing on The Incredible Hulk.. sure, it was.. well, paper thin. But at least we didn't get a redone origin story! I also really liked the forward-thinking plot hints, like the Vita-ray serum in cryogenic suspension.

Talking about that note that the Super soldier system seems to actually work.

But it amplifies the qualities of the person. So it took Banners anger issues and turned him into a raging monster and took the desperate to fight career soldier and turned him into a walking weapon.

I thought Banner was just the gamma radiation

Blonsky was definitely super soldier serum reverse engineered from Steve's blood + gamma radiation though
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    IM3 stinger spoilers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCK

it's actually a really fun story!
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    the gamma radiation's effects have been along the lines of what they're going for with the super soldier formula now for ages

all unleashing a dude's inner self and shit

the uptight hyper intellectual banner reduced to nothing more than base emotions and muscle

a lowly janitor becoming super intelligent

blonsky becoming the abomination becuase he was a filthy commie fuck and felt secretly ashamed
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    IM3 stinger spoilers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCK

it's actually a really fun story!

Avengers Assemble is pretty kickass! It's a very fun story with a lot of good moments and it ends with naked superheroes so what's not to love?
    Iron Man/Hulk - Science Bros by Joss Whedon. Make it happen, Marvel!
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    the gamma radiation's effects have been along the lines of what they're going for with the super soldier formula now for ages

all unleashing a dude's inner self and shit

the uptight hyper intellectual banner reduced to nothing more than base emotions and muscle

a lowly janitor becoming super intelligent

blonsky becoming the abomination becuase he was a filthy commie fuck and felt secretly ashamed

In the movie though Banner was working on the super soldier serum. It could be speculated that the Gamma waves were a replacement for the Vita Rays used in Cap's formula.

At least that's how I remember it.
    nightmarenny on
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
    science sisters sounds better
    qZBj2IN.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I like Ruffalo way more than Norton
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I like Ruffalo way more than Norton

as an actor or as a hulk

because the man did american history x
    qZBj2IN.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I have enjoyed every live-action Banner
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA, SolidSaints Tube admin
    I really liked both the hulk movies
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.