Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    But seriously, I think we can all agree that what this movie really needed was a ten story tall alien dragon named Fin Fang Foom.

I agree.

If only because it would pave the way to introducing Mr. Lao.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    But seriously, I think we can all agree that what this movie really needed was a ten story tall alien dragon named Fin Fang Foom.
    Killian doesn't die. The explosion destroys the dock, and what's left of him plummets to the bottom of the bay. Trapped under water, buried under wreckage, his Extremis-enhanced regenerative abilities go haywire.

Months later, a dozen miles away,he hauls himself out of the water. His pants (all he was wearing at the time) tattered but somehow still hanging to him. Sunbathers scream and run away, all of them seeming somehow... smaller.

Oh my God!

YES!
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    osf454p.jpg

Agents of SHIELD promo image

Rising Tide was on the Hulk promo video. It looks like it'll be some kind of threat/organization against SHIELD.
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    So I was looking at the Guardians concept art again:
    MDr0yUy.jpg

I'm wondering if the guy to the left of (probably) Peter Quill is Yondu.

Now I know he normally looks like this:
    Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_44.jpg
    But I can see them trying to make him more human-esque since Star-Lord is the only not-green human in the main cast and Michael Rooker is pretty goddamn popular from The Walking Dead.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Though I'm not sure Favreau's would have been better. He hates the Mandarin concept as much as Black.
    Favreau just seemed clueless about the Mandarin. He always seemed unsure about the character, and routinely said his rings were magic. (You'd think, after the first time, someone at Marvel would correct him.)
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • Binary SquidBinary Squid One step away from squid row. Registered User regular
    Ain't no way Marvel's going to get a dragon named Fin Fang Foom into a movie and not have the audience laugh unless they make a deal with Satan. Even my 12 year old cousin thought it was a silly name when he played Ultimate Alliance.

I can see some kind of dragon, and they've done a lot of things which are pretty amazing, but I think that one is beyond even the powers of every space wizard they have on staff.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    I thought Armoured Adventures used Fin Fang Foom well. Although the Makulan stuff was a backbone of that show from the start so even dragons felt natural by the time they got around to it.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • Binary SquidBinary Squid One step away from squid row. Registered User regular
    I thought Armoured Adventures used Fin Fang Foom well. Although the Makulan stuff was a backbone of that show from the start so even dragons felt natural by the time they got around to it.

Oh, yeah, you're totally right about that. And don't get me wrong, I don't think Fin Fang Foom is at all a stupid character, but selling that to a wider audience that doesn't really know about the comics might be more difficult.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ain't no way Marvel's going to get a dragon named Fin Fang Foom into a movie and not have the audience laugh unless they make a deal with Satan. Even my 12 year old cousin thought it was a silly name when he played Ultimate Alliance.

I can see some kind of dragon, and they've done a lot of things which are pretty amazing, but I think that one is beyond even the powers of every space wizard they have on staff.

They can do it like Armored Adventures - a human sized, reptilian alien.

Oh, yeah, you're totally right about that. And don't get me wrong, I don't think Fin Fang Foom is at all a stupid character, but selling that to a wider audience that doesn't really know about the comics might be more difficult.

It'd be difficult. Not impossible. Avengers paved the way for him, too.
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    Avengers had a giant metal dragon flying through the sky
    personaqn.png
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    osf454p.jpg

Rising Tide was on the Hulk promo video. It looks like it'll be some kind of threat/organization against SHIELD.

Well, we know they end up recruiting her

Rising Tide could be the codename for Coulson's new team

A team that's supposed to investigate and handle the growing superhuman population
    Rising Tide is the Official Avengers Fan Club
    personaqn.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    osf454p.jpg

Well, we know they end up recruiting her

Rising Tide could be the codename for Coulson's new team

A team that's supposed to investigate and handle the X-Files fringe events

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Skye is a trying to raise awareness of her favorite Gene Hackman movie

Team Rising (Crimson) Tide
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    And she sends him secret codes via Spider-man/Black Widow slashfiction.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    rewatched Avengers yesterday, been watching all the films in prep for Iron Man 3

If Quicksilver shows up I think we have a taste of what's to come thanks to Hulk

he ran pretty damn fast in a couple of scenes
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Looking at the SHIELD show I am wondering how TV special effects have been lately(don't watch TV as much as I used to).

I'm kind of thinking of Heroes when I think of the show and you could tell budget(along with bad writing of course) was really holding the show back.

• StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    Heroes was all very showy superpowers though. I really doubt SHIELD is going to be that. I'd say look to something like Alphas more.
  • Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Registered User regular
    Yeah

7 seconds is more than enough

sold
    SignatureFinal_zps22983399.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    One thing I noticed from that trailer...the hooded guy who
    saves the woman from the burning building looks to be a black guy.

Luke Cage teaser maybe?
    Dragkonias on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Luke Cage teaser maybe?
    J August Richards as Luke Cage? hmm
    onionsig.jpgD3 Steam #TeamTangent
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    There will apparently be a longer look with tonight's Once Upon a Time
    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Luke Cage teaser maybe?
    J August Richards as Luke Cage? hmm

Poor Mustafa

Always the bridesmaid, never the for-profit superhero
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So a tease before the full promo airs tonight during Once Upon a Time.

edit: apparently im really slow.
    That first shot, i know im wrong but please let it be either Luke Cage or Matt Murdock
    Devlin_Dragonus on
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Coulson is seeking her because she made the most incredible Captain America video set to "In The End" ever

Finally, the job application I was born for!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular

They can do it like Armored Adventures - a human sized, reptilian alien.
    You're thinking of the Makulan themselves, not Fin.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    came home from Iron Man 3
    i never want to see it again. it was too dark, too violent, too gruesome, it wasn't funny, the villain(s) weren't memorable, the after credits scene and the credits song were both letdowns, and not even
    a man-thing nod
    helped it for me.

multiple children cried and asked to leave, and i applaud the parents that did take them out of the theatre. I have never been more disappointed in a movie, let alone a marvel movie, and I'm not looking forward to the rest of phase 2.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Fire TruckFire Truck You were a house on fire And I could never understand whyRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    came home from Iron Man 3
    i never want to see it again. it was too dark, too violent, too gruesome, it wasn't funny, the villain(s) weren't memorable, the after credits scene and the credits song were both letdowns, and not even
    a man-thing nod
    helped it for me.

multiple children cried and asked to leave, and i applaud the parents that did take them out of the theatre. I have never been more disappointed in a movie, let alone a marvel movie, and I'm not looking forward to the rest of phase 2.

Really? I don't think it was much more violent than the first one.
    dansmith3_zps6f7d5d05.jpg
    I can see how kids would be scared but I never thought I'd hear Iron Man 3 called too dark and not funny
    personaqn.png
    iron man 3 spoilers
    human bombs
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Fire TruckFire Truck You were a house on fire And I could never understand whyRegistered User regular
    iron man 3 spoilers
    human bombs

yeah I spose
    But this series has been set up from the beginning with the theme of terrorism and the War on Terror and such. Having suicide bombers (well, homicide bombers, I guess. They weren't trying to blow themselves up) doesn't seem too out of place to me. Phase 1 was super violent/not always kid-appropriate too.
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    well it was more like
    accidental spontaneous combustion. None of the explosions were on purpose, but when they started happening Killian had to find a 'cover story' for them

but i can see some parents not wanting kids to see it.

i mean, the 'dont be a pussy about it' line was hilarious, buuuut im not sure if i want little timmy whose parents divorced last month hearing Iron man say that line
    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    this seriously felt way worse than any of the other movies to me, in terms of tone and violence

i just rewatched all of them over the last few weeks
    15Tpj.jpeg
    this seriously felt way worse than any of the other movies to me, in terms of tone and violence

i just rewatched all of them over the last few weeks

I don't see it, but then it's been a while since I sat through Phase 1. Maybe it's less violent than I remember?