Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    IM3 looking to break a billion by the end of the week
    While Iron Man 3 is having a great run at the domestic box office, the movie continues to do its most-impressive business overseas. The movie added $89.3 million for a total of $664.1 million, which ranks 14th all-time. Iron Man 3's top market is China with a fantastic $95.3 million total (more than The Avengers), followed by South Korea ($54.1 million) and the U.K. ($48.3 million).

Add in the movie's domestic haul, and it's now at $949 million worldwide. By Friday, it should be over $1 billion; even if it falls hard from here on out, it's still guaranteed to ultimately earn over $1.1 billion by the end of its run.
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    there's a lot of dark stuff in phase 1, they usually just play it for comedy

for instance, in IM2,
    Hammer's test video at the congressional hearing shows a guy's torso being forcibly spun around 180 degrees relative to his legs, with a very audible SNAP. Hammer tries to lessen the blow by saying "I'd like to point out that the pilot survived," but if you ask me that makes it much worse than had he died

and in IM1,
    Iron Monger picks up a motorcycle, rider and all, and slams him into Iron Man causing an explosion that surely killed that guy in a very painful way
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    this movie was definitely more violent than 1 or 2, but not more than the Avengers I'd say

but I guess all the Avengers violence was against robo-aliens rather than humans?
    -Tal on
    personaqn.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    IM3 looking to break a billion by the end of the week
    While Iron Man 3 is having a great run at the domestic box office, the movie continues to do its most-impressive business overseas. The movie added $89.3 million for a total of $664.1 million, which ranks 14th all-time. Iron Man 3's top market is China with a fantastic $95.3 million total (more than The Avengers), followed by South Korea ($54.1 million) and the U.K. ($48.3 million).

Add in the movie's domestic haul, and it's now at $949 million worldwide. By Friday, it should be over $1 billion; even if it falls hard from here on out, it's still guaranteed to ultimately earn over $1.1 billion by the end of its run.

Goddamn!
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    also
    post-credits for IM3
    where the fuck was the space suit, what was that nonsense
    that was almost as bad as the shwarma scene in avengers but at least avengers had thanos before that
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    this movie was definitely more violent than 1 or 2, but not more than the Avengers I'd say

but I guess all the Avengers violence was against robo-aliens rather than humans?

yeah see that made it easier to swallow
    especially because the aliens seemed more like drones than sentient beings
    15Tpj.jpeg
    never trust toys
    personaqn.png
  • Fire TruckFire Truck You were a house on fire And I could never understand whyRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    also
    post-credits for IM3
    where the fuck was the space suit, what was that nonsense
    that was almost as bad as the shwarma scene in avengers but at least avengers had thanos before that

whoa now

whoa

whoa
    The shwarma scene was fucking hilarious
    I agree that the post credit scene in IM3 was the weakest I've seen from a Marvel film. At least it gave some context to the weird, "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"
    -style narration that was present throughout the movie, though.
    dansmith3_zps6f7d5d05.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Agh I was worried about this, I'm sorry you didn't like the film @Antimatter

I enjoyed it but I do understand all of those criticisms, especially the violent nature that seemed way more overt in this than the other movies.
    daft2.gif
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    The villains in IM3 felt too fantastical for me to really think they were particularly gruesome, but yeah, parents should maybe pay attention to the rating and not take their kids to it.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, Savin was easily the best head henchman in years.

Possibly my favorite ever???

I'm a big fan of Fat Man and Little Boy from Sin City.
    "And, if my current state of much-justified petulance permits me to press the point, you are likeways demonstratably bereft of a working understanding of the perimeters of our beforementioned mission at hand. Relevant to said mission is the following query I now put forth to you. Said query concerning matters strictly spatial in nature... Wherein this most streamlined and trunkless of transports, boner-inspiring though it may be, wherein are we to reposit our recently deceased cargo?"
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    this was the dark knight rises of iron man which is exactly what i feared

i was looking forward to this movie and i hate that i don't like it :(
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    I'd say it's premature to extend worry to Phase 2. IM3 was clearly a Shane Black film and he's not involved with other Marvel movies as far as I know.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Agh I was worried about this, I'm sorry you didn't like the film @Antimatter

I enjoyed it but I do understand all of those criticisms, especially the violent nature that seemed way more overt in this than the other movies.

Yeah this isn't unexpected but is disappointing.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Loved those guys. "I can only express... disappointment, bordering on alarm."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    I'd say it's premature to extend worry to Phase 2. IM3 was clearly a Shane Black film and he's not involved with other Marvel movies as far as I know.

If I remember correctly Anti isn't too excited for GotG.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    Also Fatman is portrayed by Nick Offerman, which I didn't know till today.

500full.jpg
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Nah, she just doesn't like the comics, she's ambivalent towards the film from what I understand.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg

i haven't seen anything he's done before, so there's that.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    He wrote all of the Lethal Weapon movies, but never directed them, and he wrote and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    daft2.gif
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I am sorry you were disappointed @Antimatter.

I enjoyed Dark Knight Rises in the moment, and then it fell apart for me when I actually thought about it. Wish you could've at least gotten some temporary satisfaction.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    I think this is his what, second or third movie he's directed?
    daft2.gif
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You've never seen Lethal Weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote: »
    You've never seen Lethal Weapon?

nope!
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Fire TruckFire Truck You were a house on fire And I could never understand whyRegistered User regular
    He wrote all of the Lethal Weapon movies, but never directed them, and he wrote and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

ok, this actually makes a lot of sense. I thought I was going crazy watching IM3
    dansmith3_zps6f7d5d05.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular

Second, Kiss Kiss was his first, he's got more in the pipeline.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg

Second. He's getting ready to direct two more films down the road though.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    Style
    Black has a recognizable writing style where he often adds comments (referred to as "Shane Blackisms") and jokes about the situations taking place in the story. He also sometimes directs comments at studio executives and certain script readers. Examples of these include:

From Lethal Weapon:
    “EXT. POSH BEVERLY HILLS HOME - TWILIGHT

The kind of house that I'll buy if this movie is a huge hit. Chrome. Glass. Carved wood. Plus an outdoor solarium: A glass structure, like a greenhouse only there's a big swimming pool inside. This is a really great place to have sex."
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    he's doing Doc Savage and Death Note
    personaqn.png
    Anti's posts frequently make me feel like Murtaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6dXmsR4_VQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i

dont think i like shane black
    15Tpj.jpeg
    edited May 2013
    i only ever saw a censored version of predator on spike years ago so there's that. don't remember him.
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
    i

You don't like an artist from one, single thing they have produced?
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • JC of DIJC of DI I thought humans were more evolved than thisRegistered User regular
    To be fair, the source of the main antagonist force is a pretty violent story in the comics, too.
    CHemsworthSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam

He only wrote the first one, he has a story credit for the 2nd but his script was rewritten considerably before it was filmed.

I mean, you can tell watching the movies - by 3 and 4 it's a lot more lighthearted and funny. The first movie is very funny too of course but I think a lot of people forget that Riggs spends most of that movie looking for a reason not to eat his own gun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    they censor predator for tv?

this country...
    personaqn.png
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i

actually i was basing it on the shane blackism there but thanks bro
    i dont hate him

blah

why the fuck did i say anything i knew the second i posted i disliked this movie people would come out of the rafters
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i

It wouldn't be the first time :D
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg