Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Jimothy reminded me

One thing that really bugged me about IM3 was the ending
    They totally glossed over how Tony 'fixed' Pepper, how it worked, etc etc. I dunno, I just thought it was a little "okay let's wrap this sucker up"

I also prefer Pepper in the suit than Pepper all fire-y and throwing beams at dudes. The latter seemed a little gratuitous, but Pepper in the suit was downright AWESOME (also sexy)?

I feel I may have posted some of this before.
    They glossed over how Tony fixed Pepper, because it was previously established that he figured out how to fix the glitch in Extremis while he was drunk. Since it was pretty much trivial for him to figure it out, they didn't bother devoting any more time than it would take to say, "Yeah, she's fine now."
    This, but I do think it would have been good to find out exactly what "fixed" means

Does Pepper no longer have Extremis? Is it just not going to ever be too unstable? Those have very different implications.

I think it was purposefully ambiguous
    Leaving it up to whoever directs the next movie to decide what's up
    Like does she still have fire powers, or is she cured, or did Tony fix the extremis so that it works like in the comics?
    And did Tony give himself extremis? Is that why he can finally remove the reactor?

I hadn't thought of it like that. In that case, it's a good call.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    And a minus how every difference from the book is towards cliche action film over bleak examination of a world without a future.

Children of Men is a really good book. Movie's pretty and well directed, but it didn't feel as thought through.
    2MyOx.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    Guys the reason Tony
    No longer needs the reactor

Is because
    He was able to properly devote some time to removing the shrapnel. He turned the shrapnel into the necklace he gives Pepper at the end.
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Guys the reason Tony
    No longer needs the reactor

Is because
    He was able to properly devote some time to removing the shrapnel. He turned the shrapnel into the necklace he gives Pepper at the end.

and thats why
    it's shaped like a heart

"Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart"
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

They totally glossed over how Tony 'fixed' Pepper, how it worked, etc etc. I dunno, I just thought it was a little "okay let's wrap this sucker up"

I also prefer Pepper in the suit than Pepper all fire-y and throwing beams at dudes. The latter seemed a little gratuitous, but Pepper in the suit was downright AWESOME (also sexy)?

They glossed over how Tony fixed Pepper, because it was previously established that he figured out how to fix the glitch in Extremis while he was drunk. Since it was pretty much trivial for him to figure it out, they didn't bother devoting any more time than it would take to say, "Yeah, she's fine now."
    This, but I do think it would have been good to find out exactly what "fixed" means

Does Pepper no longer have Extremis? Is it just not going to ever be too unstable? Those have very different implications.
    I am also hoping that since there was little explanation on Extremis ending that in Avengers 2 when Iron Man shows up he is now able to sport the comic version of extremis or whatever it is where he can pour out a suit from his bones and control electronics with his mind.

I dunno

A huge part of this movie was
    Tony letting go of the Iron Man 2 mentality of "the suit and I are one."
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    D'awwwwwww
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • DeadfallDeadfall Registered User regular
    Man what Clive Owen is fantastic in Children of Men
    oNwJI.jpg
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    He gives a fantastic performance if you are grading on the Clive Owen curve, sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Stuff I forgot
    Where exactly is the JARVIS AI located? Not in the house, that's for sure

Like how would someone kill JARVIS

I guess he could be in the secret suit bunker, and I'm sure there are backups/a cloud of sorts, but it was on my mind throughout the film

My sister and I noted how weird it was to see a white president. I understand why they'd do that, but it still felt hard to swallow, given that the movie doesn't take place in a past historical context

Maybe they could have made him Asian or a lady or something, it would seem more believable (as weird as that might sound)

Or make him Stephen Colbert. Wasn't that a thing in the Marvel U for a minute? Or at least he was running for president in a Spidey comic or something
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Stuff I forgot

I guess he could be in the secret suit bunker, and I'm sure there are backups/a cloud of sorts, but it was on my mind throughout the film

My sister and I noted how weird it was to see a white president. I understand why they'd do that, but it still felt hard to swallow, given that the movie doesn't take place in a past historical context

Maybe they could have made him Asian or a lady or something, it would seem more believable (as weird as that might sound)

Or make him Stephen Colbert. Wasn't that a thing in the Marvel U for a minute? Or at least he was running for president in a Spidey comic or something
    well the vice president was hispanic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Stuff I forgot

Colbert won the popular vote, but Obama won the electoral college in 616 Marvel, as far as I recall

edit: yep, here it is

dailyb_colbert_late_b.jpg?w=500&h=595
    Joolander on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    And then Obama put Norman Osborn in charge of everything. I mean, yeah, he repeatedly stated he fucked up bigtime there, but that's the accident equivalent of programming the eighth layer of hell into a game. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just going to take one hell of an explanation when you get caught doing it.

For shame, alternate universe Obama.
    2MyOx.png
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    And then Obama put Norman Osborn in charge of everything. I mean, yeah, he repeatedly stated he fucked up bigtime there, but that's the accident equivalent of programming the eighth layer of hell into a game. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just going to take one hell of an explanation when you get caught doing it.

(alternate universe) Thanks, (alternate universe) Obama.

oh and apparently Spider-Man would have been VP if Colbert was elected
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    IM3 spoiler
    I can see it now. Pepper Potts is Ms. Marvel.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Colbert picks himself up after losing the election, right
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    Stuff I forgot

I was thinking about jarvis before. My thoughts were that he's both in the house and the suits, and when the house gets destroyed, the only part that's left of him is in the 42 suit, or something.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    @Antimatter

I am curious as to what you thought of the scene where
    Tony saves all those people that were blown out of Air Force One.
    I think that after this movie, that is the heroic Iron Man that we get after all the dark that was in thins movie

I honestly think that story wise, Iron Man 3 was necessary in Tony Starks character progression after the Avengers.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    In Iron Man 1, iirc
    there's a specific mention of Jarvis being uploaded into the suit.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    HoLY CRAP

Just saw the promo For Agents of Shield,
    J. August Richards is that strong dude, he HAS to be Luke Cage. Also. "Don't touch Lola" <3 Coulson
    Devlin_Dragonus on
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Only thing I wanted to be different in IM3:
    When I heard "House Party Protocol", I was really hoping it meant a suit for everybody, not AI suit cavalry. That was still cool, but I would have loved to see Tony, Rhodey, and Pepper just wrecking things in suits.

I need more War Machine and I gotta have some Rescue!
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    HoLY CRAP

Just saw the promo For Agents of Shield,
    J. August Richards is that strong dude, he HAS to be Luke Cage. Also. "Don't touch Lola" <3 Coulson
    Stay calm
    I need you to upload your brain to the internet so that I can see what you have seen

Either that or get me a video link RIGHT NOW!
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
    hooo boy

I

I need to sit down
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Registered User regular
    Well - it could be Cardiac, or the Prowler, or Battlestar, or Blade, or the 3D Man, or Triathalon.

But yeah, probably Luke Cage.
    126elj6.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Does the fire thing ring any bells?

aos.jpg
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It's probably from earlier in the trailer where a building explodes and a man jumps out carrying a woman.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I've always been a fan of that 6th Harry Potter

If only because I think it's what they should have been doing with the movies the entire time; making things up so that it's a good movie in its own right, as opposed to just copying and pasting the book into the script.

This is actually the reason Goblet of Fire is my favorite of the HP films

They trimmed all the unnecessary fat, and unlike Prisoner of Azkaban, which was otherwise very good, didn't leave out major plot points

Changes they made also felt pretty natural rather. Like how Dobby wasn't in the film, and so Neville had to be the one to tell Harry about gillyweed, but that makes sense, as he shows an interest in it and he eventually looks into that as a career
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    I really like the setting of Harry Potter but not so much the actual plot and characters

the best parts of those books were the little newspaper snippets and such
    personaqn.png
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I really like the setting of Harry Potter but not so much the actual plot and characters

the best parts of those books were the little newspaper snippets and such

Yeah, exactly

Well I mean I like a lot of the characters

But what I really want is a Harry Potter Expanded Universe
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    IM3 spoiler
    I can see it now. Pepper Potts is Ms. Marvel.
    I'd prefer they keep Ms./Captain Marvel for Danvers. Either make Potts Rescue or a CEO with super-powers.
    Turambar wrote: »
    Does the fire thing ring any bells?

aos.jpg

Nitro?
    Harry Dresden on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I liked most of the characters

But yeah

I'd be down for Expanded Universe type stuff
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

Yeah, but I didn't really like that.

Here's this HUGE TRAUMATIC THING we did to Pepper and Tony was all "OH GOD NOOOOOO" and it's the end of the world

Oh but we fixed her it's okay now the end
    it is traumatic because the process leads to death half the time. He can't fix her if she explodes. That was the scary part. She could blow up at any time
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Shield could be a great platform to introduce smaller superheroes, and if they get popular enough they could get their own movie

"We got reports of some teen girl that cuts herself to make a staff emerge from her chest"
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    Shield could be a great platform to introduce smaller superheroes, and if they get popular enough they could get their own movie

I mean, I sorta figured like half the premise of the show was as a platform for backdoor pilots

and I am totally cool with that
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

An excellent platform to use Blade, Daredevil etc.