Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is so good

I need to watch it again, first time was with @DHS Odium and @Sheri and the rest of the peanut gallery
  • SheriSheri Registered User regular

I need to watch it again, first time was with @DHS Odium and @Sheri and the rest of the peanut gallery

We watched that?
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »
    oh right
    Iron Man 3
    what the fuck was up with Greg, that was uncomfortable/terrible/unnecessary
    who was greg?
    the guy who tattooed tony's face on his arm

struck me as though the character was supposed to be a creepy gay guy obsessed with tony
    He is just a play on all those creepy celebrity fans that exist. What made you think he was gay?
    it felt like the actor was intentionally playing up a semi-subtle lisp as a stereotype
    I didnt notice a lisp at all

Different interpretations from different people I guess
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Yeah, that is just Adam Pally's natural voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbeQEFAIAjE
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    yeah thats pretty much what Adam Pally sounds like

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    As someone with a lisp myself, I did not notice it nor had any issue with Gary.
    PaperLuigi44 on
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • JC of DIJC of DI I thought humans were more evolved than thisRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    And it's funny to me because the kid doesn't recognize Tony, but recognizes the suit instantly

It's like the flip side of the coin

I don't know if that was done on purpose though

And yet the moment after recognizing the suit, hands him a newspaper with Tony's face and namesake on it.

Kid was either a great actor within the film or that scene was awkwardly set up.
    CHemsworthSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular

We watched that?

Exactly.

Oh hey it's on Blu Ray for $8, I'll have it on Wednesday.
    JC of DI wrote: »
    And it's funny to me because the kid doesn't recognize Tony, but recognizes the suit instantly

And yet the moment after recognizing the suit, hands him a newspaper with Tony's face and namesake on it.

Kid was either a great actor within the film or that scene was awkwardly set up.

I'm going with option 2
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    JC of DI wrote: »

Tony was looking rough, plus there's lots of people that look like celebrities

you wouldn't assume it's The Actual Tony Stark until he shows the suit
    personaqn.png
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Finally saw this

No idea where I'd rank it, but I enjoyed it quite a lot
    favorite line was definitely the AIM guard "I don't even like working here! These guys are weird!"

End credits music was fantastic and makes me wonder why they haven't been pulling out stuff like that from the beginning. One thing the MCU's really been missing is memorable, hummable themes. Get this guy on the rest of the movies, stat (on that topic, Menken's Cap song had better be in every Cap movie, I swear to God)

The Avengers callbacks were great and much appreciated, though they did confuse my family

There were so many suits, oh my

Maybe now he and Pepper will move into Avengers Tower?

When he said he "fixed" Pepper, did he remove Extremis, or just stop her from ever melting down? I'm guessing the former, but still. That formula he wrote to Maya and forgot, was that supposed to have contributed to Extremis? Because it still works about as well as it did on the plant 13 years ago, and the film never really made a huge deal about Tony having partially created Extremis-- of all the things he was guilty about, didn't feel like that was one of them

Is this supposed to be this coming Christmas? Will there be references on SHIELD around midseason?

Maya Hansen is gorgeous

To contribute to the current discussion, this felt about as dark and violent as a Star Wars movie. Certainly didn't seem out of step with anything that's come before it, or any other live-action, PG-13 film Disney has to offer. Just one man's opinion.

Oh, also I have been super down on Man of Steel, but seeing that trailer in a theater got me totally on board, even if I still think it could use a lot more color

The one-two punch of Superman and then Thor trailers right before the movie definitely set a good, superhero-y mood
    Also totally random but like the day after watching Iron Man 3 I watched the episode of Fringe with
    the human bombs, where things blow up but no bomb pieces are found etc

And I was like "WHOA WEIRD"

If I'd seen them in the other order, I would say that might be the reason I didn't find IM3 as violent as Anti did -- I mean, it's something they show on TV.
    there were certain parts of the movie that I felt were a little too Shane Black, and that kid was one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jimothy reminded me

One thing that really bugged me about IM3 was the ending
    They totally glossed over how Tony 'fixed' Pepper, how it worked, etc etc. I dunno, I just thought it was a little "okay let's wrap this sucker up"

I also prefer Pepper in the suit than Pepper all fire-y and throwing beams at dudes. The latter seemed a little gratuitous, but Pepper in the suit was downright AWESOME (also sexy)?

I feel I may have posted some of this before.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Finally saw this

No idea where I'd rank it, but I enjoyed it quite a lot
    When he said he "fixed" Pepper, did he remove Extremis, or just stop her from ever melting down? I'm guessing the former, but still. That formula he wrote to Maya and forgot, was that supposed to have contributed to Extremis? Because it still works about as well as it did on the plant 13 years ago, and the film never really made a huge deal about Tony having partially created Extremis-- of all the things he was guilty about, didn't feel like that was one of them

That was
    some form of equation that would help her balance Extremis, but the whole reason they took Tony hostage at that point was that they needed him to make it work, because even with the equation, they couldn't figure out what to do.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Sorry I gotta pipe in that I find it really funny as a sorta outsider here where one poster doesn't like a movie and a whole lot of other posters pour in to pay their sympathies that this person didn't like the movie. So sorry you didn't like the movie. How can we improve it so you can enjoy it next time?

I guess its the opposite of piling on a person for not liking something that is per usual on the internet but its sorta funny here.
    steam_sig.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

They totally glossed over how Tony 'fixed' Pepper, how it worked, etc etc. I dunno, I just thought it was a little "okay let's wrap this sucker up"

I also prefer Pepper in the suit than Pepper all fire-y and throwing beams at dudes. The latter seemed a little gratuitous, but Pepper in the suit was downright AWESOME (also sexy)?

Have you heard of Rescue? I was hoping Pepper would get her own suit in this movie, but what we got was a reasonable compromise.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
    Alfonso Cuaron is pretty much the only reason I give even the minimal shit I give about Harry Potter.

No interest in the books, and all the other movies range from awful (chamber of secrets) to just okay (order of the phoenix).

But Azkaban is a killer fucking movie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Can you just imagine if the big fight scene...
    Had been Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey all just jumping around swapping suits and whooping all the ass? Or even just Rhodey in his armor and Tony and Pepper jumping around.
    Tox on
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

They glossed over how Tony fixed Pepper, because it was previously established that he figured out how to fix the glitch in Extremis while he was drunk. Since it was pretty much trivial for him to figure it out, they didn't bother devoting any more time than it would take to say, "Yeah, she's fine now."
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    I've always been a fan of that 6th Harry Potter

If only because I think it's what they should have been doing with the movies the entire time; making things up so that it's a good movie in its own right, as opposed to just copying and pasting the book into the script.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • JC of DIJC of DI I thought humans were more evolved than thisRegistered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

Have you heard of Rescue? I was hoping Pepper would get her own suit in this movie, but what we got was a reasonable compromise.
    If anything they almost set it up reverse of the comics. Tony could get the next-gen suit power source and Pepper will be all Extremis'd up.
    CHemsworthSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i

dont think i like shane black

You don't like an artist from one, single thing they have produced?

He's directed two things, one she's seen, and hasn't seen the stuff he's written.

I like Shane Black, but I think keeping all that in mind it's a fair opinion to make. It's like I love Alfonso Cuaron but I'd totally get why someone wouldn't like him after seeing the third Harry Potter film or Children of Men

But the third one is the best one!

No no I fucking LOVE those movies

What I was getting at is that those are indicative of a very certain type of tone Cuaron has become known for so I completely understand if someone said they didn't like him based on only seeing Prisoner of Azkaban or Children of Men.
    daft2.gif
    Jimothy reminded me

I have not, but @Javen did let me know that she gets her own in the comics

I also thought it was very well done in the movie, the way she gets it, etc

The one thing I REALLY wanted was
    after Pepper fell into the fire, I was hoping Tony would sent a suit after her to catch her, but they both get absorbed by the fire

Then, when the thing is about to fall on Tony later, suddenly BAM PEPPER IN A SUIT and it lands on her back covering him and she goes "I got you" as a call-back to the beginning

But no, had to do some weird fire shit
    Jimothy reminded me

They glossed over how Tony fixed Pepper, because it was previously established that he figured out how to fix the glitch in Extremis while he was drunk. Since it was pretty much trivial for him to figure it out, they didn't bother devoting any more time than it would take to say, "Yeah, she's fine now."

Yeah, but I didn't really like that.

Here's this HUGE TRAUMATIC THING we did to Pepper and Tony was all "OH GOD NOOOOOO" and it's the end of the world

Oh but we fixed her it's okay now the end
    Children of Men is one favorite movies of all time. Love pretty much everything about it and that final scene that is almost one 20min uncut scene is so cool.
    steam_sig.png
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

This, but I do think it would have been good to find out exactly what "fixed" means

Does Pepper no longer have Extremis? Is it just not going to ever be too unstable? Those have very different implications.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    In my head the reason that
    Pepper's cure gets glossed over in the movie is so that in a future movie she'll end up getting held up or some shit again.

And then she just fucking wrecks her attacker with Extremis powers to the theater's cheers.
    I could be wrong of course, but i live in hope.
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Actually that famous tracking shot in Children of Men is something two or three long tracking shots very cleverly edited together to appear as one extended one.

Still impressive! But for different reasons.
    daft2.gif
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Can you just imagine if the big fight scene...
    Had been Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey all just jumping around swapping suits and whooping all the ass? Or even just Rhodey in his armor and Tony and Pepper jumping around.

Kind of like a big ol' game of Musical Suits?
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
    Children of Men is one favorite movies of all time. Love pretty much everything about it and that final scene that is almost one 20min uncut scene is so cool.

its a shame Clive Owen is the lead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We watched that?

Exactly.

Oh hey it's on Blu Ray for $8, I'll have it on Wednesday.

AND I get it on Amazon Instant Rental right now to watch

Living in the future is awesome.
    Is Children of Men on Netflix

Now I want to watch it again
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Sorry I gotta pipe in that I find it really funny as a sorta outsider here where one poster doesn't like a movie and a whole lot of other posters pour in to pay their sympathies that this person didn't like the movie. So sorry you didn't like the movie. How can we improve it so you can enjoy it next time?

I guess its the opposite of piling on a person for not liking something that is per usual on the internet but its sorta funny here.

dont think i forgot you making a big to do about putting me on your ignore list, bucko
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Jimothy reminded me

This, but I do think it would have been good to find out exactly what "fixed" means

Does Pepper no longer have Extremis? Is it just not going to ever be too unstable? Those have very different implications.
    I am also hoping that since there was little explanation on Extremis ending that in Avengers 2 when Iron Man shows up he is now able to sport the comic version of extremis or whatever it is where he can pour out a suit from his bones and control electronics with his mind.
    steam_sig.png

dont think i forgot you making a big to do about putting me on your ignore list, bucko

Are you still there? Cuz I can quote you so he sees it

I mean uh

Hi Anti what's up!
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Jimothy reminded me

I think it was purposefully ambiguous
    Leaving it up to whoever directs the next movie to decide what's up
    Like does she still have fire powers, or is she cured, or did Tony fix the extremis so that it works like in the comics?
    And did Tony give himself extremis? Is that why he can finally remove the reactor?
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
    Balefuego wrote: »

its a shame Clive Owen is the lead

But a plus that Julianne Moore is in it!

Although a minus how she gets out of it...
    steam_sig.png