Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mum is trying to decide whether she wants to go see IM3 or the new Star Trek movie on Sunday for Mothers Day. I love having nerdy parents.

Step this up. Make a day of it and see both.

I like this plan.

Um, isn't the new Star Trek opening next week? After Mother's Day?
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Mum is trying to decide whether she wants to go see IM3 or the new Star Trek movie on Sunday for Mothers Day. I love having nerdy parents.

I like this plan.

When presented with two options that interest you, choose both.

The power of &
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    oh and I found out something else just lovely about how nasty Neverwinter is under the hood while playing last night: items have to be identified (like in Diablo). But you can't buy id scrolls with gold. You can only buy them with the lesser-tier funbucks called "Astral Diamonds".

You can get "Rough Astral Diamonds" from certain daily quests. But you can only convert those to Astral Diamonds at a certain rate per day. And of course Astral Diamonds are the only in-game thing tradeable for the real-funbucks called "Zen" (1 Zen = 1 cent in US dollars).

Every time I play I get more pissed off at this exploitative Korean style optimized for profit bullshit. The multiple layers of funbucks just exist to confuse the user and extract more money while providing a worse user experience.

If neverwinter was $50 up front and $15 / month I would pay it and play happily. But what they are charging is just fucking insane.

I was wondering why I couldn't find a scroll seller. Right now they drop pretty frequently, but I can see that quickly changing.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

I like this plan.

Yeah, Star Trek isn't out till next weekend, unless you're from the DAMNED UK.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Knuckle Dragger, make me a trucker

I like this plan.

He called her "mum" so yes I presume damned UK.

I like this plan.

Wait, how come it isn't out this week in the colonies, then?

We have the same queen on our monies, damnit!

I like this plan.

Protip: THROW THEIR SHIT INTO THE HARBOR.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

I like this plan.

Came out yesterday here.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

I like this plan.

What's with the UK getting stuff first? We didn't win a war just so they could see Iron Man first!

I like this plan.

The UK gets all the big movies a week before the US nowadays. IM3, The Avengers, literally everything. It's a conspiracy to make Americans turn on the Brits and bring about a second Revolution.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
  • TavTav Registered User regular

I like this plan.

What's with the UK getting stuff first? We didn't win a war just so they could see Iron Man first!

It's to stop piracy.

I like this plan.

Actually they didn't get it first. Australia got it before them and New Zealand probably before us. Yay timezones!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Or increase it.

Yay China!
    falasig.png
    oh and I found out something else just lovely about how nasty Neverwinter is under the hood while playing last night: items have to be identified (like in Diablo). But you can't buy id scrolls with gold. You can only buy them with the lesser-tier funbucks called "Astral Diamonds".

You can get "Rough Astral Diamonds" from certain daily quests. But you can only convert those to Astral Diamonds at a certain rate per day. And of course Astral Diamonds are the only in-game thing tradeable for the real-funbucks called "Zen" (1 Zen = 1 cent in US dollars).

Every time I play I get more pissed off at this exploitative Korean style optimized for profit bullshit. The multiple layers of funbucks just exist to confuse the user and extract more money while providing a worse user experience.

If neverwinter was $50 up front and $15 / month I would pay it and play happily. But what they are charging is just fucking insane.

don't play dogg

I have gotten like 2000 hours of enjoyment from lol and spent $40 probably

if you aren't getting a satisfactory ROI for your dollars play something else?

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Wait wut.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

I was wondering why I couldn't find a scroll seller. Right now they drop pretty frequently, but I can see that quickly changing.

drop rates are very carefully metered to draw people in and give them the illusion that scarcity wont be a thing once they have invested enough time in the game to make paying for stuff seem less crazy.

like those "nightmare chests". They are essentially the same scam as the McDonalds Monopoly "game" (ie: Park Place is super common, Board Walk is super rare). The chests are fairly common and not really random. You definitely will get at least one pretty early on because they want the user to think they've just got a lucky rare drop. But of course to buy the key to open that chest costs $1.25. And even then you are just paying for a pull on a slot machine.

But they want to make sure everyone knows to keep pumping in those bucktwentyfives cause every time any player lucks out and gets the best prize from a chest they just paid to open it shows in a huge font across the top of the screen of every logged in player (no you can't turn that off).
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    skippy build a pc

is best option :D

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

How's that gonna stop piracy? Seems like it'll just make different people pirate it.
    I need @syndalis or someone to confirm that the hdd is okay for imac
    Seriously, everyone can build a computer if i can do it semi-successfully with trembling hands!

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Wait wut.

Something to do with most theatre recordings coming from the US or some shit.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I demand I be allowed to teach a cooking class.

"Step one: Preheat over to 375. Step two: Put chicken in oven. Step three: Come back in a couple hours. Bring wine."
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I can't get rid of that fucking nonsellable Nightmare Chest you get because there isn't really any demand for them on the goddamn auction market.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

"Step one: Preheat over to 375. Step two: Put chicken in oven. Step three: Come back in a couple hours. Bring wine."

steps one and two optional
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    hehe

this heat sensitive mousemat is the best £13 i ever spent

apparently my hands get really hot after a gaming session
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    skippy build a pc

is best option :D

yeah I have a build I like

but if I can resurrect this imac for a few more months or whatever, I'll do that and then buy the better newer shit when I build a computer
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I can't get rid of that fucking nonsellable Nightmare Chest you get because there isn't really any demand for them on the goddamn auction market.

it only costs $1.25 to get rid of dude. Totally reasonable considering that it's taking up bag space and that costs $6 for another small bag or $10 for a big one.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

How's that gonna stop piracy? Seems like it'll just make different people pirate it.

Most camrips come from America. People are more likely to pay for something if it isn't immediately available to pirate. No body waits around to pirate something.
    I thought I'd fucked up building my computer because I couldn't do a bunch of shit in bios and then I realised there was mouse control and I was like WHAT THE FUCK?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »

I like this plan.

If I burn my diploma in protest do I still have to pay my student loans?
    Lh96QHG.png
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular

The fuck they are. I'm going to be ravenous after a couple cups.
    I thought I'd fucked up building my computer because I couldn't do a bunch of shit in bios and then I realised there was mouse control and I was like WHAT THE FUCK?

yeah mouse control was ridic the first time I saw it
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

The fuck they are. I'm going to be ravenous after a couple cups.

that's what the bagel bites in your freezer are for
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SammyF wrote: »

I like this plan.

If I burn my diploma in protest do I still have to pay my student loans?

Throw it into the harbor and, Legally, that responsibility will transfer to the fish.

Robos A Go Go on
    So, should I play LoL, Demon's Souls or hammer nails into my dick tonight?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Most camrips come from America. People are more likely to pay for something if it isn't immediately available to pirate. No body waits around to pirate something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in the age of the internet there's no goddamn reason not to have same day delivery worldwide.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Knuckle Dragger, make me a trucker

All it takes is six weeks of classes to learn how to get your license, then two months over the road to teach you how to drive. (I wish I were kidding; they really do put you out there before you know what you are doing)

Scary part is, 20 tons of Fanta isn't that bad...I once had a 53' trailer loaded with 1,200 pounds for an Amazon.com overnight; the boxes didn't even reach past my drive tires.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    Who's Knuckle Dragger?

i don't think we've met before...
This discussion has been closed.