Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I demand I be allowed to teach a cooking class.

"Step one: Preheat over to 375. Step two: Put chicken in oven. Step three: Come back in a couple hours. Bring wine."

steps one and two optional

The fuck they are. I'm going to be ravenous after a couple cups.

that's what the bagel bites in your freezer are for

THIS IS A COOKING CLASS

NOT A BITCH OUT AND MICROWAVE GARBAGE CLASS

THAT'S ROOM 107
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    If STEM doesn't work out for me I will be a trucker!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

A sexy trucker?
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mum is trying to decide whether she wants to go see IM3 or the new Star Trek movie on Sunday for Mothers Day. I love having nerdy parents.

Step this up. Make a day of it and see both.

I like this plan.

Um, isn't the new Star Trek opening next week? After Mother's Day?

Yeah, Star Trek isn't out till next weekend, unless you're from the DAMNED UK.

What's with the UK getting stuff first? We didn't win a war just so they could see Iron Man first!

It's to stop piracy.

How's that gonna stop piracy? Seems like it'll just make different people pirate it.

Most camrips come from America. People are more likely to pay for something if it isn't immediately available to pirate. No body waits around to pirate something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in the age of the internet there's no goddamn reason not to have same day delivery worldwide.

Except that thing I said there.

There are a lot less downloads, seeders and RS links for big movies immediately after release with the current delay.

It's like DRM, except effective.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular

A sexy trucker?

A fire trucker?
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Knuckle Dragger, make me a trucker

All it takes is six weeks of classes to learn how to get your license, then two months over the road to teach you how to drive. (I wish I were kidding; they really do put you out there before you know what you are doing)

Scary part is, 20 tons of Fanta isn't that bad...I once had a 53' trailer loaded with 1,200 pounds for an Amazon.com overnight; the boxes didn't even reach past my drive tires.

please stop overloading my bridges kthx
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

A sexy trucker?

A fire trucker?

a sexy fire eater?
    I demand I be allowed to teach a cooking class.

"Step one: Preheat over to 375. Step two: Put chicken in oven. Step three: Come back in a couple hours. Bring wine."

steps one and two optional

The fuck they are. I'm going to be ravenous after a couple cups.

that's what the bagel bites in your freezer are for

THIS IS A COOKING CLASS

NOT A BITCH OUT AND MICROWAVE GARBAGE CLASS

THAT'S ROOM 107

look just because you use your oven as a slow microwave doesn't make you better than bagel bites
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Mum is trying to decide whether she wants to go see IM3 or the new Star Trek movie on Sunday for Mothers Day. I love having nerdy parents.

I like this plan.

What's with the UK getting stuff first? We didn't win a war just so they could see Iron Man first!

It's to stop piracy.

How's that gonna stop piracy? Seems like it'll just make different people pirate it.

Most camrips come from America. People are more likely to pay for something if it isn't immediately available to pirate. No body waits around to pirate something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in the age of the internet there's no goddamn reason not to have same day delivery worldwide.

There are a lot less downloads, seeders and RS links for big movies immediately after release with the current delay.

If it's right there people will pay.

When it's staggered it's dumb. When you have to wait a week to see the movie in Brisbane you can just pick up a download from Des Moines and call it done. If it's everywhere people will go to the teatro.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

Heh, did I mention I do this because I couldn't get work with a bachelor's and Security+?
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
    Gah, i want to explode.

Someone light my hair-fuse already!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

You were born after 1983. Job security isn't for you.
    Lh96QHG.png

Heh, did I mention I do this because I couldn't get work with a bachelor's and Security+?

PROBABLY A DEGREE IN COMMS >:[

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

When it's staggered it's dumb. When you have to wait a week to see the movie in Brisbane you can just pick up a download from Des Moines and call it done. If it's everywhere people will go to the teatro.

Except with less camrips available it isn't as easy to just download, especially for people who aren't very computer literate. People do pay for things that they can't pirate immediately.
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

All it takes is six weeks of classes to learn how to get your license, then two months over the road to teach you how to drive. (I wish I were kidding; they really do put you out there before you know what you are doing)

Scary part is, 20 tons of Fanta isn't that bad...I once had a 53' trailer loaded with 1,200 pounds for an Amazon.com overnight; the boxes didn't even reach past my drive tires.

Then stop drinking so much god damned Fanta.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Except with less camrips available it isn't as easy to just download, especially for people who aren't very computer literate. People do pay for things that they can't pirate immediately.

Less being available is only temporary. More people in other English territories will start putting up camrips. It'll just end up flipping around where they're sourced from and where they're downloaded.

Then stop drinking so much god damned Fanta.

The man makes an unassailable point
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    i think the interview went pretty well

the editor dude has done some cool books
    i think the interview went pretty well

the editor dude has done some cool books

BRO I LIKE YOUR BOOKS BRO
    haha

so sawyer is walking a little bit

and just today he has modified his crawl to be, instead of hands and knees, this monkey hands and feet version

and it's slower than his previous crawl and more awkward but fuck that shit it's closer to walking in his mind maybe?

I like this plan.

It's to stop piracy.

Less being available is only temporary. More people in other English territories will start putting up camrips. It'll just end up flipping around where they're sourced from and where they're downloaded.

And until (if) that happens, staggering releases is still the best strategy for maximizing money from big releases.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i got kicked from a guild one time because the rogue class leader was mad that my damage meters were higher than his

apparently his damage rates were specifically calculated to not draw aggro

in a dps fight when our healers would run out of mana and we would wipe it was never his fault, of course.

Well, were you pulling aggro / running close to pulling?

Hah, it's funny looking back on an incarnation of WoW where aggro was a mechanic you had to pay attention to apart from the first 2-3 seconds of picking something up.
    network_sig2.png
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    haha

so sawyer is walking a little bit

and just today he has modified his crawl to be, instead of hands and knees, this monkey hands and feet version

and it's slower than his previous crawl and more awkward but fuck that shit it's closer to walking in his mind maybe?

SUV crawl.

Slower, requires more energy, but dat higher vantage point.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    dont you wanna wanna fanta

hitler liked fanta

hitler liked fanta

did he also like sexy latina ladies in purple, orange, and yellow
    hitler also enjoyed the way spring lit the mountaintops of the eastern alps so i don't know where i'm going with this

*sips discreetly on a fanta*

hitler liked fanta

Why wouldnt he? Shits delicious.
    i think i'll start adding #yolo to my posts for no reason

#yolo
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I always read the "bit.ly" domain as a hick nickname for "hitler"
    hitler also enjoyed the way spring lit the mountaintops of the eastern alps so i don't know where i'm going with this

*sips discreetly on a fanta*

*hikes, breathes fresh alpine air, yodels*

*feels guilty*

hitler liked fanta

did he also like sexy latina ladies in purple, orange, and yellow

Yes, tell me more about your ethnic preferences in women.
    network_sig2.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    oh man

cut some chicken breasts into strips
    coated in flour and lawry's seasoning salt
    pan fried in olive oil
    sprinkled with shredded cheese
    drizzled with goya taquera salsa

SHIT IS TIGHT

#yolo

Themeposting.

Banned.
    network_sig2.png

#yolo

no
    The game Demon's Souls terrifies me because i hate dying in games.
This discussion has been closed.