Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• MimMim Registered User regular
    geth, how much do you want mah d

geth roll 1d20
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d20 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Best Friday ever.

Free leftover tacos and cake from some meeting at lunchtime, and my boss just brought around a big bag of M&M Peanuts and dumped a big pile on my desk. Going home in 15 minutes too.

Ugh. Then I need to run. Fucking weather, you were supposed to be storming right now.
    steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Tis mouse looks terrible but it's super customizable and very comfortable to use.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Professional-Wireless-Gaming/dp/B003CP0BHW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368216163&sr=1-1

Solves the pinky placement problem with modular side pieces, too.

Plus if the decepticons ever invade your home to steal your emergency stash of energon, you're all set.

i saw one of those at one of the paxes

it really seemed like a solution in search of a problem

what do i know, though? my hands are not freakish.

i've got the hands of a malnourished understudy in the 40s moscow ballet
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, I can take that.

Geths scale is more exacting then most, so his 6 is like our 8.5

• MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)

I am saying that there are many factors that influence a stocks price and that the quality of the products is a very insignificant one. Whether or not the weather that day is cloudy or sunny probably has a bigger impact than quality of product.

Yes, but if a company makes an inferior product for a long enough time, their stock price will reflect that. Aapl isn't on top by luck, ATM. Tim Cook had almost as big a part of it as Steve, but I just don't see how they'll keep the design and quality assurance culture that Steve implemented.

I don't understand what value this argument is over, if you're going so broad as to not even base it on companies possible products/business plays/management. It really is just a pissing match then.

I am objecting to your suggestion that the stock price of a company (your suggestion of a bet on such to resolve the "nerd wars") is at all relevant to any of the factors actually being discussed.

Marketing spends or the weather or what time of year it happens to be or the fuckmuppetry of congress will be far more important to the stock price than anything interesting like the quality of the companies products.

Then what metric do you measure it by? How it pleases Riemann? Seems broadly applicable.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    So the average for [chat] women is about 4.5 right now.
    Starting to make sense why heteronormativity is falling out of fashion with the male populace.

Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    So you're only 50% resistant, eh?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    King of the Hill is the best.

Watching the Mold episode right now.

Dis jackass.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Geth roll whodaman
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tis mouse looks terrible but it's super customizable and very comfortable to use.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Professional-Wireless-Gaming/dp/B003CP0BHW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368216163&sr=1-1

Plus if the decepticons ever invade your home to steal your emergency stash of energon, you're all set.

This mouse is like great sex. Looks awkward, feels amaaaaaazing.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, I can take that.

Geths scale is more exacting then most, so his 6 is like our 8.5

Aw shucks
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 3 (sum:3)

that's about right

someone's jelly that i can ask the robot to do things for me
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d3d5
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d3 -> 1 (sum:1)
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Like, just because you don't understand the stock market doesn't mean all the numbers are meaningless, and the weather has more effect on a tech stocks price than their products. I mean, seriously? Are you 12?
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »

i saw one of those at one of the paxes

it really seemed like a solution in search of a problem

what do i know, though? my hands are not freakish.

i've got the hands of a malnourished understudy in the 40s moscow ballet

for that i recommend tighting up the thumb-pad support down to a three and opening up the outer-lower palmrest to a healthy 8.5.

you probably want to keep your convexity index right around a 7
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    King of the Hill is the best.

Watching the Mold episode right now.

Dis jackass.

KotH is p. cool because it's enjoyed by both Conservatives and Liberals while making fun of both.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    now when i make my okcupid i can be like

9s AND 10s ONLY

I DON'T FUCK DOWN
    Per3th.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

I have heard nothing but good things regarding that mouse.

Were I not so completely addicted to the insane number of buttons on my Razer Naga, I would have switched when my old Naga died. Instead, I got the redesigned wireless one.
    meat.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Geth calculate pi to the last digit
    jBEKRTH.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)

I am saying that there are many factors that influence a stocks price and that the quality of the products is a very insignificant one. Whether or not the weather that day is cloudy or sunny probably has a bigger impact than quality of product.

Yes, but if a company makes an inferior product for a long enough time, their stock price will reflect that. Aapl isn't on top by luck, ATM. Tim Cook had almost as big a part of it as Steve, but I just don't see how they'll keep the design and quality assurance culture that Steve implemented.

I don't understand what value this argument is over, if you're going so broad as to not even base it on companies possible products/business plays/management. It really is just a pissing match then.

I am objecting to your suggestion that the stock price of a company (your suggestion of a bet on such to resolve the "nerd wars") is at all relevant to any of the factors actually being discussed.

Marketing spends or the weather or what time of year it happens to be or the fuckmuppetry of congress will be far more important to the stock price than anything interesting like the quality of the companies products.

Then what metric do you measure it by? How it pleases Riemann? Seems broadly applicable.

You are again missing the point here.

"Then what metric do you measure it by?"

what do you mean by "it". I've already stated like 4 times what I am interested in measuring (and what this entire discussion was about before you started trying to link it to stock value): product quality, product price, quality of support and warranties etc...

IE: things that actually matter to the person potentially buying or owning a device.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Geth, toy with my self consciousness. How many people does my milkshake being to the yard?

Geth roll 1d20
    Caveman Paws on
    /me rolls 1d20 -> 13 (sum:13)
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sister #2 got a promotion at work! toot.gif

that's about right

geth, warn @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot for sassiness
    Your operating system is unstable, @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot. You will fail.
    Warned @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot (0 points for 30 days) for "sassiness"
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

I thought one of the diagrams said 'Internet Fluid'.
    steam_sig.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    my god, it even has a watermark
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

that's about right

3kbIPKS.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i use a basic $20 wireless logitech mouse

it has no extra buttons, though it does have a scrollwheel

i am ok with it because i guess i don't play enough games/or any games that call for tons-o-buttons
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    "I tried sleeping in the empty swimming pool but, you know, the dogs."
    Lh96QHG.png
    Sister #2 got a promotion at work! toot.gif

sister #1 better step up her game if she wants to stay sister #1
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    alright I'm outta here in three quarters of a beer.

questions time!

ask anything you wish the answer to, and I shall give you a wise and insightful answer.

who is tougher: dads or uncles

what tastes better: beer on a cold day or water on a hot day

favorite american film of the last 5 years: _____?

generally speaking or my dads and uncles? Clarify.

Beer on a cold day.

so many movies I like that don't fit into the last 5 years. I'll need to do some thinking.

questions time!

ask anything you wish the answer to, and I shall give you a wise and insightful answer.

Mac or PC?

PC. Mac would be inconvenient for me.

questions time!

What are tomorrow's UK Lottery Numbers?

3-31-12-15-7-40
    xlh6c3.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my mouse is wired because f batteries
    Per3th.jpg
    GETH, HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIEPOP

geth roll 1d100
    /me rolls 1d100 -> 6 (sum:6)
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular

I actually have one of those and it has the best button layout of any mouse of used.

Problems: Dat shape. No slope for my hand? Wtf?

Bigger problem: Finnicky laser. I've seen other people have this problem with them have lasers crap out so I know I'm not alone. Crapped out wayyy to quick for me to have much faith in the quality. Which is very sad because I LOVED that button layout.

I have spent like $300 on mice in the past year. I have a problem.
    archer2.png
This discussion has been closed.