Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    PC master race
    lol xbox 360 bcuz u c it n do a 360 and walks away lololz.

But if you do a 360 then you're facing the same way....

AND THEN YOU MOONWALK AWAY

*dances away to "Beat It"*
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Excuse me but how do you make coffee brandy infusion. I have some bad brandy that could use infusing because it is terrible.

i have a joke brewing about how you take the r&b singer brandy to starbucks and pump her full of americano and then drink her pee but it's not fully gelled so just imagine i'm posting something hilarious here

Imagine I have run off to Walgreens to get some solarcaine for the sick burn.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Maybe some day when I need additional material possessions to give meaning to my life, I will buy another 7970 and put it in crossfire.

So like, next week probably.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    mac and windows people can come together and sneer at those weird linux fuckers

man, mac and windows users (the very idea of "mac and windows people" is what I find fucked up here) can't get their sneer on properly for Linux.

For that you need a user of a different distro of Linux. Then it gets nasty.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.

eh, maybe I started reading chat in the middle of something someone else started? But you have to admit Gooey, among others, are pretty damn obnoxious about the Mac thing.

not to mention the very weird situation that when people, such as myself, criticize Apple, their products and their business practices other people start interpreting it as an attack on them.

That is super fucked up.

i am not talking about 'apple overcharges' or 'apple's profit margins are too high'.

i am talking about "people will pay for anything with an apple brand" and "it's just a hype machine that people buy into because they're too complacent to be ripped off" or "if you need something that just works and you're fine being ripped off, then by all means"

this always turns into a bunch of people saying that people who buy macs are dummies who overpay out of blind loyalty

I would take this more seriously if it weren't for all the "mac master race" and such comments going on at the same time.

i just don't get how you take those seriously in the first place

like, when people say PC master race console peasants do you take that seriously?

they're just jokes because people like this computer more

whereas the other is 'you're a dumb and gullible person who gets ripped off' with no humor at all

and I think you are the one inventing that implication because you somehow have come to identify with apple products.

huh? there is no implication. those are direct quotes.

and that is a direct lie. your post is the first instance of the word "gullible" as far as search is able to find in this thread. And the only use of "dumb" in this discussion by you and syndalis complaining about being called dumb. The phrase you claim is a "direct quote" never appears. And the key words (dumb, gullible) only appear in those posts complaining about their use.

dogg i am talking about the actual quotes in the post above, which are paraphrased almost identically, made by matt and override today

the line you're talking about is my summary of the things they said

i don't understand why you object to my use of 'gullible' which is essentially a direct synonym of what they are saying

-"yeah because people are stupid and will buy obsolete hardware for four figures if it has an apple logo on it"

-"that's true but it has nothing to do with build quality, it has to do with blind consumer loyalty which is a plus for reselling it later I suppose"

-"It's not a "class of computers", it's a marketing machine pushing marked-up hardware to people who believe the hype. They're banking on people being too complacent to care how badly they're being ripped off."

those are the direct quotes which are identical in tone (maybe even harsher) than the paraphrases i posted
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i need a picture if i'm gonna make this okcupid profile

Post it here! I need it for my chat folder reasons.
    i am not actually making an okcupid profile

that would entail writing several positive paragraphs about myself, a feat beyond even the greatest writers of the age
    Per3th.jpg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I always had Windows growing up, then had to get a Mac for school. I've really liked my Mac, but lately it's been on fire and killing itself after only owning it for four years. So. Now I'm conflicted and my only source of laptop is always on fire.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Also, why is it so hard to find the perfect mouse?

It's like... no matter what mouse I buy I have to sacrifice something important.

I want lots of buttons BUT I WANT THOSE BUTTONS TO BE EASILY DISTINGUISHABLE.

I want it to be a nice shape with a good curve to fill out my hand.

I want it to have a place for my pinky.

I would like if it was heavy/ had adjustable weight.

And for the love of zod put a laser in that thing that won't die after 3 months.

Why has no one managed this yet?
    archer2.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mac and windows people can come together and sneer at those weird linux fuckers

man, mac and windows users (the very idea of "mac and windows people" is what I find fucked up here) can't get their sneer on properly for Linux.

For that you need a user of a different distro of Linux. Then it gets nasty.

you need to turn the serious down like five notches
    xlh6c3.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    As someone who uses Mac and Windows and Linux I am better than everyone.
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Excuse me but how do you make coffee brandy infusion. I have some bad brandy that could use infusing because it is terrible.

i just threw a bunch of coffee beans and sugar into a bottle with some brandy and left it for several months

works great in mixing!

Could you clarify "a bunch"?
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

It's like... no matter what mouse I buy I have to sacrifice something important.

And for the love of zod put a laser in that thing that won't die after 3 months.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E/

You're welcome.
    dkmouthsig.png
    I feel like this argument has gone on for 8 pages too long.

This is me listening to Mac v. PC

SleepingInCorner.jpg

where did you find this photo of my neck

jeez, talk about privacy in the 21st century :(
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Any decent wired laser mouse works good for me.
    Even better if it is designed for a claw grip.
    to be fair chu, you did paraphrase one quote so that it became directly addressed to you
    xlh6c3.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I just enrolled in motherfucking History of Cowboys
    0WBv0.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

SleepingInCorner.jpg

This is me. http://i.imgur.com/mlaRG2h.gif
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d4

If you roll a 2, roll 2d6
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d4 -> 2 (sum:2)
    I always had Windows growing up, then had to get a Mac for school. I've really liked my Mac, but lately it's been on fire and killing itself after only owning it for four years. So. Now I'm conflicted and my only source of laptop is always on fire.

my laptops last two, three years tops
    xlh6c3.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    also this is not an all out nice build, it's not like dual graphics cards and shit

there aren't really many applications that make good use of those sorts of configurations right now anyways. your rig will run pretty much everything you want it to at the resolutions and detail that you want it to

like, you'd think that a big-ass SLI water-cooled rig would be futureproof, but it's almost certain that in 3 years your computer will seem kind of shitty to you for some other reason.

like, do you remember that dude at PAX who had put together that monster PC with 4 gfx cards and all those fans and the starcraft lady airbrushed onto the case?

and i was like "hey show off your pc" and he started talking about this gigahurtz and that megaflops

so i was like "okay let's see what it could do"

and he loaded up starcraft 2. because he hadn't even thought to put on any software that would show off his rig's capabilities.

because it really wasn't the point for him

starcraft 2 looked as good as it did on my mac tho!
    to be fair chu, you did paraphrase one quote so that it became directly addressed to you

this does not really seem to matter. 'the people who own this' or 'you (someone who owns this)' are functionally synonymous. i ain't be going back and double checking pronouns for old posts when the meaning is identical anyway.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's not that I'm slut-shaming you but
    and that is with the last year being a lot of "oh, yeah, the screen is just blacked out during logon. I just write my password blind. Occasionally it doesn't take" and "oh, yeah, it'll freeze up the first time you right-click anything. Make yourself a cup of coffee in the meantime." and such
    xlh6c3.png
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Any decent wired laser mouse works good for me.
    Even better if it is designed for a claw grip.

I like my base model Logitech wireless mouse / keyboard, but didn't like using up AA batteries so I bought rechargeable ones.

Now I'm changing them like every other week. Fuck you environment, I'm tired of my mouse dying on me all the time - it's back to disposables.
    steam_sig.png
    Gooey wrote: »

i have a joke brewing about how you take the r&b singer brandy to starbucks and pump her full of americano and then drink her pee but it's not fully gelled so just imagine i'm posting something hilarious here

no no i think you're really onto something here
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    how does geth keep up with all these requests

he must be ego-searching all the time

and maybe he has some free time by ignoring will
    Per3th.jpg
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I didn't mean to start such hostility nor did I intend to actually come off as a srs bznz asshole with my first reply

I like macs fine they're just too pricey for the hardware in em(same reason I got rid of that MS surface, thankfully at virtually no $ loss)

when I go to buy a laptop the brand that it is is not the motivating factor because brand loyalty as a concept is kind of silly, they're all massive corporations

down with the wage system
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E/

You're welcome.

I bought one for the wife a while back.

I have a ratt7. We both like them both very much.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's not that I'm slut-shaming you but

BETTER THAN EVERYONE
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Yeah in general I hate wireless mice and keyboards.
    My work mouse is a portable wireless laser mouse though. Because the batteries are free to me.

this does not really seem to matter. 'the people who own this' or 'you (someone who owns this)' are functionally synonymous. i ain't be going back and double checking pronouns for old posts when the meaning is identical anyway.

there is a difference in how in-your-face it is.

You don't have to be double-checking anything, just generally don't paraphrase stuff, because that leads to the kind of thing we're seeing here, with people arguing over what was said and what wasn't and it's just urgh
    xlh6c3.png
    I didn't mean to start such hostility nor did I intend to actually come off as a srs bznz asshole with my first reply

I like macs fine they're just too pricey for the hardware in em(same reason I got rid of that MS surface, thankfully at virtually no $ loss)

when I go to buy a laptop the brand that it is is not the motivating factor because brand loyalty as a concept is kind of silly, they're all massive corporations

down with the wage system

no i want premium whiskeys and bmw's, shut up, keep paying people to slave away
    also this is not an all out nice build, it's not like dual graphics cards and shit

there aren't really many applications that make good use of those sorts of configurations right now anyways. your rig will run pretty much everything you want it to at the resolutions and detail that you want it to

like, you'd think that a big-ass SLI water-cooled rig would be futureproof, but it's almost certain that in 3 years your computer will seem kind of shitty to you for some other reason.

like, do you remember that dude at PAX who had put together that monster PC with 4 gfx cards and all those fans and the starcraft lady airbrushed onto the case?

and i was like "hey show off your pc" and he started talking about this gigahurtz and that megaflops

so i was like "okay let's see what it could do"

and he loaded up starcraft 2. because he hadn't even thought to put on any software that would show off his rig's capabilities.

because it really wasn't the point for him

starcraft 2 looked as good as it did on my mac tho!

The only game that used all my new computer's power (that I actually wanted to play) was Skyrim plus ridiculous mods. It was kind of a let down. I mean, everything else boots faster and runs smoother but it wasn't magical like it was 10 years ago, where buying a new PC meant unlocking a whole new class of games.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular

SleepingInCorner.jpg

This is me. http://i.imgur.com/mlaRG2h.gif

tumblr_lvv1fxQimm1qdpnpmo1_500.jpg
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)

I am saying that there are many factors that influence a stocks price and that the quality of the products is a very insignificant one. Whether or not the weather that day is cloudy or sunny probably has a bigger impact than quality of product.

Yes, but if a company makes an inferior product for a long enough time, their stock price will reflect that. Aapl isn't on top by luck, ATM. Tim Cook had almost as big a part of it as Steve, but I just don't see how they'll keep the design and quality assurance culture that Steve implemented.

I don't understand what value this argument is over, if you're going so broad as to not even base it on companies possible products/business plays/management. It really is just a pissing match then.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    abd i farted at norway just now, fingers crossed it reaches
    edited May 2013

i just threw a bunch of coffee beans and sugar into a bottle with some brandy and left it for several months

works great in mixing!

Could you clarify "a bunch"?

not really. i totally didn't measure.

like it was a 750 ml bottle.

maybe a handful of coffee beans

added maybe 1/2 cup sugar total

filled up the rest with brandy
    Irond Will on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

PC users are dicks
    Mac users are butts

Can we be done now?