Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    ok

@mim
    @elendil

what kind of food would you like for lunch

what time should we go, they're open 9-5

*takes out moleskine planner*
    *opens calendar on overpriced macbook air*
    *clicks top on .7mm black pilot g-2, fancy as fuck*

let's figure this out
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i need a picture if i'm gonna make this okcupid profile
    Per3th.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    PC master race
    lol xbox 360 bcuz u c it n do a 360 and walks away lololz.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Ironic fanboyism is up there with ironic racism in terms of odiousness.

Do you know why they call black people apples? Because they are awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/9dt8z.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    though mim a condition of me showing up is no dslr photos of my ghastly, corpulent husk

i was already humiliated enough by pax photos and i have improved nothing about my appearance since

Damn.

Okay.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Excuse me but how do you make coffee brandy infusion. I have some bad brandy that could use infusing because it is terrible.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    PC master race

but if u do a 360 u will be facing the direction u st8rted out in...
    919UOwT.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Skippy, get some thermal paste for $6 so you can be 1337

why I think all my shit comes with the fans and whatever

If you're putting the heatsink on the processor in the middle of a highway then accidentally get hit by a bus and the preapplied stuff scrapes off, you'll wish you bought a little $6 tube of it.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Excuse me but how do you make coffee brandy infusion. I have some bad brandy that could use infusing because it is terrible.

Take a coffee mug out, fill with brandy.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    skippy

be honest

how much of you going all out on a nice build is a consolation balm for you not getting the pdx move

no, I was assembling this before?

I wasn't sure if I should wait until the move, and now that it isn't happening,
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

19. Defendant also argues that plaintiff's counsel should have made reasonable inquiry of the signature. Prior to filing the document, the undersigned contacted Prenda Law to find out whether or not Mr. Cooper would be available to testify at trial but was advised that they could not locate Mr. Cooper. The undersigned was advised that Mark Lutz and Peter Hansmeier would be available to testify as witnesses. Had the undersigned realized that the Electronic Frontier Foundation was hanging with Mr. Cooper, he would have been able to track down Mr. Cooper and questioned him about the documents.

Heh.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    as someone who doesn't have a horse in this race because I hate all computers

the people bitching about apple products can get pretty annoying about it and the people defending them take it weirdly personally.

It's these weird emotional feelings of investment beyond fiscal that really are interesting, and add to my bottom line. 8-)
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I guess Windows fans and Apple fans argue a bunch about whose is better?

Yeah, okay. I'll stick with my home brewed modified version of Ubuntu, thanks.

Yay kinship
    also this is not an all out nice build, it's not like dual graphics cards and shit
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    ok

@mim
    @elendil

let's figure this out

I kind of want Chinese, but I have a feeling I'm going to be eating Chinese very soon.

I would think next Saturday they'd be the least crowded somewhere around 3. So we could eat lunch and then art it up.
    ok

@mim
    @elendil

let's figure this out
    i would prefer anything that doesn't take me out of my middle american comfort zone
    Per3th.jpg
    ITS NO IMAX >:[
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

i have a joke brewing about how you take the r&b singer brandy to starbucks and pump her full of americano and then drink her pee but it's not fully gelled so just imagine i'm posting something hilarious here
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    and that is a direct lie. your post is the first instance of the word "gullible" as far as search is able to find in this thread. And the only use of "dumb" in this discussion by you and syndalis complaining about being called dumb. The phrase you claim is a "direct quote" never appears. And the key words (dumb, gullible) only appear in those posts complaining about their use.
    yeah because people are stupid and will buy obsolete hardware for four figures if it has an apple logo on it

so yeah. If you are unable to see the weird hate-on you and override have on this issue, I don;t know what to tell you.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)

I am saying that there are many factors that influence a stocks price and that the quality of the products is a very insignificant one. Whether or not the weather that day is cloudy or sunny probably has a bigger impact than quality of product.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    we could either do saturday which is free all day but risks terrible overcrowding due to being free all day

or we could go wednesday after 5pm (they're open until 8:45 on weds) which is also free but less crowded i imagine

Do Weds if you guys can make it at all work, you'll thank yourselves later, and can do dinner.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    PC master race

but if u do a 360 u will be facing the direction u st8rted out in...

lolol console troll. random4chantrollimage.jpg

Also Skippy. you need thermal paste for the CPU.
    And to bring the total to $1337.
    Mainly for the latter.
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

you can even put steam on that now

things are great
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I can't believe I've been called a Ludious.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    oh hey chat what are we-

oh

still doing the pc vs mac thing?

this is all my fault : (
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Guys I'm scared, OCRemix fans (and the website operators themselves) are getting all retarded at me on Twitter. WHAT DO I DO. :rotate:
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    I LARP

Every day I pretend to be a content and productive member of society. People seem to have fun with it.
    eokNV.jpg
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    Tandy4lyfe
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

constantly fucking with drivers is the worst
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i need a picture if i'm gonna make this okcupid profile

Post it here! I need it for my chat folder reasons.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I can't believe I've been called a Ludious.
    there's only one ludious

you're more of an acolyte

a ludiouite if you will
    Per3th.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    as someone who doesn't have a horse in this race because I hate all computers

the people bitching about apple products can get pretty annoying about it and the people defending them take it weirdly personally.

only because the particular bitching seems to cross a threshold where they aren't just saying that they don't like the product, but rather that the people who are buying the product are ignorant, or misinformed, or if only they knew you could get something with the same power output for 500 bucks less... it becomes less about the product and more about attacking the person who has the product.

Not everyone, but that is clearly a theme of a lot of the people who dislike apple products, and how they present their arguments.

yeah, it is, but you guys in the other camp also end up assuming this a little too often
    xlh6c3.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    and that is a direct lie. your post is the first instance of the word "gullible" as far as search is able to find in this thread. And the only use of "dumb" in this discussion by you and syndalis complaining about being called dumb. The phrase you claim is a "direct quote" never appears. And the key words (dumb, gullible) only appear in those posts complaining about their use.
    yeah because people are stupid and will buy obsolete hardware for four figures if it has an apple logo on it

so yeah.

so, since Chu's "direct quote" used different language it never showed up in search. As I said before I came into chat when this was already well underway.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    PC master race

But if you do a 360 then you're facing the same way....
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    appl imax

irnd pls
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mac and windows people can come together and sneer at those weird linux fuckers
    xlh6c3.png
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Skippy,

You get thermal paste to be 1337.

Why is that hard to understand?

Don't you want to be 1337?
    archer2.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

i just threw a bunch of coffee beans and sugar into a bottle with some brandy and left it for several months

works great in mixing!
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Skippy,

You get thermal paste to be 1337.

Why is that hard to understand?

Don't you want to be 1337?

no but I am excite to have a new computer

also if I can sell the old one for a few hundo that will be swell
This discussion has been closed.