Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Also, why is it so hard to find the perfect mouse?

It's like... no matter what mouse I buy I have to sacrifice something important.

I want lots of buttons BUT I WANT THOSE BUTTONS TO BE EASILY DISTINGUISHABLE.

I want it to be a nice shape with a good curve to fill out my hand.

I want it to have a place for my pinky.

I would like if it was heavy/ had adjustable weight.

And for the love of zod put a laser in that thing that won't die after 3 months.

Why has no one managed this yet?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E/

You're welcome.

That's actually the one I just got yesterday!

I prefer logitech stuff because it always seems to be of good quality.

Few minor qualms:

-MY PINKYYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYY
    -thumb buttons are kind of a weird shape if you plan to use them a lot. Pressing them feels weird but that may go away after I've gotten used to it.

I really want to try http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-Black-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368215663&sr=1-5&keywords=logitech+gaming+mouse

But I can't justify spending the money just to see how it feels.

Does Best Buy still put logitech mice on display to try out?
    archer2.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    920189_539206959451146_318574210_o.jpg
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    to be fair chu, you did paraphrase one quote so that it became directly addressed to you

this does not really seem to matter. 'the people who own this' or 'you (someone who owns this)' are functionally synonymous. i ain't be going back and double checking pronouns for old posts when the meaning is identical anyway.

maybe when you say something is a "direct quote", and it is in fact the exact opposite of that (a "vague paraphrase") you should say so. Otherwise people who were not involved in the conversation 15 pages ago when the post you are referring to occurred can actually verify what you are claiming.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Geth, roll 1d4

If you roll a 2, roll 2d6

Well played Geth, you didn't fall for it.

But...
    Geth roll 2d0
    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Yeah in general I hate wireless mice and keyboards.
    My work mouse is a portable wireless laser mouse though. Because the batteries are free to me.

The one I posted, when you connect it by USB charges the battery and sends the data over the USB connection as well. So it's like the best wired mouse ever that also happens to have a detachable cable. I love it. Other mice are the worst now.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 2d1 -> 1,1 (sum:2)
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

It's like... no matter what mouse I buy I have to sacrifice something important.

And for the love of zod put a laser in that thing that won't die after 3 months.

logitech trackball 4 lyfe
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    @mim
    @elendil

ok so if y'all want to go to the museum and get lunch before, say we meet up at 16th and arch (the corner of suburban station where BFP begins) at... 12:00? gives us time to walk, stop, eat, etc and make it to the museum around 1:30-2:00 and spend 3ish hours there

???

if this is ok i will find a restaurant i guess
    Geth roll 0d-1
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I was going to go to the gym today. But Theme Hospital.
    Apparently Geth feels I have a problem
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    I hate earthquakes. My jelly vat keeps exploding.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    in like 1993 my dad bought an acer 486 (like, 33 mhz, or something)

the same day he bought my brother and i strike commander and a joystick for getting straight a's

i remember being blown the fuck away by that game

like, i wasn't very good, so i would pull up a chair behind my brother and stand on it, peering over his shoulder so i could watch the game for hours

that doesn't really happen anymore, seems like
    919UOwT.png

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E/

You're welcome.

That's actually the one I just got yesterday!

I prefer logitech stuff because it always seems to be of good quality.

Few minor qualms:

-MY PINKYYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYY
    -thumb buttons are kind of a weird shape if you plan to use them a lot. Pressing them feels weird but that may go away after I've gotten used to it.

I really want to try http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-Black-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368215663&sr=1-5&keywords=logitech+gaming+mouse

But I can't justify spending the money just to see how it feels.

Does Best Buy still put logitech mice on display to try out?

Is that a combination mouse / telephone from 1998.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    when it comes to things to argue about, macs and pcs should be a nice inconsequential topic

which is the kind of thing I like to discuss

except everyone gets their panties unreasonably bunched over it

ah well

bitching about the bitching isn't that bad
    xlh6c3.png
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.

I don't see how you're saying anything different. Either you feel markets work to reflect value or they don't, I wanna know which type of leftist you are. ;)

I am saying that there are many factors that influence a stocks price and that the quality of the products is a very insignificant one. Whether or not the weather that day is cloudy or sunny probably has a bigger impact than quality of product.

Yes, but if a company makes an inferior product for a long enough time, their stock price will reflect that. Aapl isn't on top by luck, ATM. Tim Cook had almost as big a part of it as Steve, but I just don't see how they'll keep the design and quality assurance culture that Steve implemented.

I don't understand what value this argument is over, if you're going so broad as to not even base it on companies possible products/business plays/management. It really is just a pissing match then.

I am objecting to your suggestion that the stock price of a company (your suggestion of a bet on such to resolve the "nerd wars") is at all relevant to any of the factors actually being discussed.

Marketing spends or the weather or what time of year it happens to be or the fuckmuppetry of congress will be far more important to the stock price than anything interesting like the quality of the companies products.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Epidemics suck too. The large ones are almost impossible to contain without hiring about ten times as many nurses as you normally need. And I try to get a Nurse to vaccinate a patient and she won't do it, even if she's "Just Wandering Around"!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    PC users are cocks
    Mac users are dicks

lol

Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Riemann how did you do that apple advertisement?
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    @mim
    @elendil

ok so if y'all want to go to the museum and get lunch before, say we meet up at 16th and arch (the corner of suburban station where BFP begins) at... 12:00? gives us time to walk, stop, eat, etc and make it to the museum around 1:30-2:00 and spend 3ish hours there

???

if this is ok i will find a restaurant i guess

Yeah! But what is BFP?

Any restaurant works for me food wise. But I am running on the "cheap" side of things currently.

Woo, next Saturday!
    oh my god
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    hahahhahahahaha
    Per3th.jpg
    @IcyLiquid will you marry me.
    dkmouthsig.png

6e9640475abd024d595e8cde976e29a7.jpg
    You're welcome
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Hahahaha Apple watermark.

I was about to ask the same thing!
    what

yes

yes yes yes

this is perfect
    xlh6c3.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I feel like this argument has gone on for 8 pages too long.

This is me listening to Mac v. PC

SleepingInCorner.jpg

Do you know how hard I laughed at this you beautiful bastard
    0WBv0.png
    @IcyLiquid will you marry me.

He only has eyes for Dog, the flawed gem.
    @icyliquid I know it was you come out and receive your just praise
    xlh6c3.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    i leave for a few minutes and when I come back...

OMG...

(Can i have a watermark too?)
    Geth, how fabulous am I?

Roll 1d10

honestly, for the mod staff around here, that is downright clever

at least this time they aren't embarrassing themselves by attempts at humor that amount to "lol FAAAAGGGSssss"
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    How amazing am I?

Geth, roll 1d10
    21stCentury on
    mim benjamin franklin parkway starts at 16th and arch and is diagonal to the grid all the way up to the art museum

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-10%20at%204.02.22%20PM.png

it starts there and continues to the art museum
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 9 (sum:9)
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Excuse me but how do you make coffee brandy infusion. I have some bad brandy that could use infusing because it is terrible.

i just threw a bunch of coffee beans and sugar into a bottle with some brandy and left it for several months

works great in mixing!

Could you clarify "a bunch"?

not really. i totally didn't measure.

like it was a 750 ml bottle.

maybe a handful of coffee beans

added maybe 1/2 cup sugar total

filled up the rest with brandy

Infusions aren't a Walter White level science. Taste every day and remove stuff when balance has been achieved... or dont... whatever...it's not science.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

logitech trackball 4 lyfe

Gross
    geth choose for me

should I

1. finish my beer and go out

2. have another beer and go out

geth roll 1d2
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.