Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to go watch Finding Nemo in 3D tomorrow. It's the only Pixar film I've never seen in the cinema.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm singing along, loudly, to the Misty Mountains song from the hobbit, and cracking open a beer.

happiness is easy.
    it's really not
    Per3th.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

I don't no. Or at least the quality of the products (very different from the quality of the brand) is only a tiny, tiny component.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Ironic fanboyism is up there with ironic racism in terms of odiousness.

Do you know why they call black people apples? Because they are awesome.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will, just to confirm with a mod...

I can link my sig to my card game's website, right? That won't break the "no self promotion" rule, right?

shit i don't know. i think that's okay with our policy right now.

Ah, I see...

Either way, I'd probably get a PM before I'd get banned if that was bad... right?
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    as someone who doesn't have a horse in this race because I hate all computers

the people bitching about apple products can get pretty annoying about it and the people defending them take it weirdly personally.
    xlh6c3.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Screw it. Brandy is only twelve dollars. That still leaves me six dollars in discretionary funds!

Do you really want to drink cheap booze?

I actually find E&J brandy to be pretty tasty in itself and great mixed with Coke Zero.

i don't know that i'd drink it straight, but i'm happy to mix with e&j or korbel.

e&j's xo is interesting and cheap - it's really heavy on oak/ vanilla notes and i'm not really sure if it's just aged like crazy or pressure chipped or what.

also i'm happy to use it in infusions. i have a batch of coffee brandy going right now and am going to do the same with cherry or blackberry when they're in season. maybe cranberry. who knows.

also totally doing a peach bourbon if i can ever source some peaches that aren't horrible. last year's peaches were bullshit.

I don't think I've ever had brandy in a drink without at least 3 other ingredients.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    @Elendil @Organichu

so yes, next Sat? Museum and lunch? I will bring my DSLR and take photos of you and make you America's Next Top Models.
    The above statement includes Cars 2. :(
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I'm singing along, loudly, to the Misty Mountains song from the hobbit, and cracking open a beer.

happiness is easy.
    it's really not

the clue is not giving a shit beyond anything but this exact moment
    xlh6c3.png
    Wait, can I even bring my camera ...let me look into that. I might have to bring just the digital.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I am in no way prepared to run two miles this evening.

If I die, tell my wife I said "hello."
    Lh96QHG.png

I'm sorry.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i am okay for saturday
    Per3th.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I just ordered all the shit for my computer

eeek

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wm2K
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

I can link my sig to my card game's website, right? That won't break the "no self promotion" rule, right?

Ah, I see...

Either way, I'd probably get a PM before I'd get banned if that was bad... right?

probably
    edited May 2013

eeek

OH NO I FORGOT TO TELL YOU IT'S ALL SHIT WE WERE JUST FUNNIN I THOUGHT YOU KNEW
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Here's you adorable random imgur for the day
    Es9Bmgy.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    eeek

nw_as04_whatisit.jpg?w=432&h=360&as=1
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    we could either do saturday which is free all day but risks terrible overcrowding due to being free all day

or we could go wednesday after 5pm (they're open until 8:45 on weds) which is also free but less crowded i imagine

• syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    as someone who doesn't have a horse in this race because I hate all computers

the people bitching about apple products can get pretty annoying about it and the people defending them take it weirdly personally.

only because the particular bitching seems to cross a threshold where they aren't just saying that they don't like the product, but rather that the people who are buying the product are ignorant, or misinformed, or if only they knew you could get something with the same power output for 500 bucks less... it becomes less about the product and more about attacking the person who has the product.

Not everyone, but that is clearly a theme of a lot of the people who dislike apple products, and how they present their arguments.
    meat.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

Ah, I see...

probably

Right, cool...

I'm sorry.

Not as half as I am.

I was a bit skeptical of both it and Toy Story 3, but then Toy Story 3 turned out to be awesome, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Screw it. Brandy is only twelve dollars. That still leaves me six dollars in discretionary funds!

Do you really want to drink cheap booze?

I actually find E&J brandy to be pretty tasty in itself and great mixed with Coke Zero.

i don't know that i'd drink it straight, but i'm happy to mix with e&j or korbel.

e&j's xo is interesting and cheap - it's really heavy on oak/ vanilla notes and i'm not really sure if it's just aged like crazy or pressure chipped or what.

also i'm happy to use it in infusions. i have a batch of coffee brandy going right now and am going to do the same with cherry or blackberry when they're in season. maybe cranberry. who knows.

also totally doing a peach bourbon if i can ever source some peaches that aren't horrible. last year's peaches were bullshit.

I don't think I've ever had brandy in a drink without at least 3 other ingredients.

brandy old fashioneds and manhattans are a thing. also sidecars are 3 ingredients total.

people like to make a big deal out of sipping cognac straight, which is really just brandy

also black people drink hells of brandy as long as it comes in a fancy bottle and has a french name
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    syndalis wrote: »
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)

If you dont think stock price reflects the quality of a brand, I don't exactly understand how you would gauge value.

Apple's stock is also some chaotic shit right now.

I mean, If you are looking LOOONG game they have gained a shitload of value since the days of it being a near-penny stock. But it has dipped drastically in the past six months or so, because of market expectations and nothing to do with how well they are performing as a company.

Market be crazy, yo.

Which time it was a penny stock? And how has it done traditionally without Steve? :rotate: ;)
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Deebs beat me to it.

GOTTA BE QUICKER MOFUCKER
    TAKE DESE CHOPSTICKS
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Skippy, get some thermal paste for $6 so you can be 1337
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I guess Windows fans and Apple fans argue a bunch about whose is better?

Yeah, okay. I'll stick with my home brewed modified version of Ubuntu, thanks.
    skippy

be honest

how much of you going all out on a nice build is a consolation balm for you not getting the pdx move
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Welp, that relief from depression was over in less than a four days.

eeek

OH NO I FORGOT TO TELL YOU IT'S ALL SHIT WE WERE JUST FUNNIN I THOUGHT YOU KNEW

OH NO
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    eeek

nw_as04_whatisit.jpg?w=432&h=360&as=1

?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmitvXIamFc

(P.S. this is one of those sketches that if you tried to explain it to someone, the simplified plot outline is more ridiculous than anything that actually happens in the sketch. I've found this to be a recurring trend with Portlandia).
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Organichu wrote: »
    we could either do saturday which is free all day but risks terrible overcrowding due to being free all day

or we could go wednesday after 5pm (they're open until 8:45 on weds) which is also free but less crowded i imagine

I can only do Saturday because I have to be home to cook dinner for my mom when she gets off work.
    though mim a condition of me showing up is no dslr photos of my ghastly, corpulent husk

i was already humiliated enough by pax photos and i have improved nothing about my appearance since

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    seriously though guys mac is better i hope you know that
    919UOwT.png
    Deebs beat me to it.

GOTTA BE QUICKER MOFUCKER
    TAKE DESE CHOPSTICKS

What chopsticks?
    *Is already eating Chinese takeout with them*

WHO IS THE STUDENT WHO IS THE MASTAAAAA
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I guess Windows fans and Apple fans argue a bunch about whose is better?

Yeah, okay. I'll stick with my home brewed modified version of Ubuntu, thanks.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Lh96QHG.png
    I need to catch up on Portlandia.

<3 that show.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.

eh, maybe I started reading chat in the middle of something someone else started? But you have to admit Gooey, among others, are pretty damn obnoxious about the Mac thing.

not to mention the very weird situation that when people, such as myself, criticize Apple, their products and their business practices other people start interpreting it as an attack on them.

That is super fucked up.

i am not talking about 'apple overcharges' or 'apple's profit margins are too high'.

i am talking about "people will pay for anything with an apple brand" and "it's just a hype machine that people buy into because they're too complacent to be ripped off" or "if you need something that just works and you're fine being ripped off, then by all means"

this always turns into a bunch of people saying that people who buy macs are dummies who overpay out of blind loyalty

I would take this more seriously if it weren't for all the "mac master race" and such comments going on at the same time.

i just don't get how you take those seriously in the first place

like, when people say PC master race console peasants do you take that seriously?

they're just jokes because people like this computer more

whereas the other is 'you're a dumb and gullible person who gets ripped off' with no humor at all

and I think you are the one inventing that implication because you somehow have come to identify with apple products.

huh? there is no implication. those are direct quotes.

and that is a direct lie. your post is the first instance of the word "gullible" as far as search is able to find in this thread. And the only use of "dumb" in this discussion by you and syndalis complaining about being called dumb. The phrase you claim is a "direct quote" never appears. And the key words (dumb, gullible) only appear in those posts complaining about their use.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Skippy, get some thermal paste for $6 so you can be 1337

why I think all my shit comes with the fans and whatever
This discussion has been closed.