Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i really dont understand why people use PCs when Macs are so markedly better

it is okay to admit that you were wrong guys haha

I can't hear you over the sound of running planetside 2 at max settings

i run planetside 2 at max settings all the time

in powerpoint? Oh wait. That's not powerpoint. Sorry, easy mistake to make since it looks like a slideshow.

i dont understand

your pc doesnt have a high framerate? makes sense. windows is terribly inefficient with system resources...
    919UOwT.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have somehow got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What? We have a biter? Or... nibbler?

that's also what I am wondering here.

Is this nibbling, or is this "time to go renew rabies shots" kind of biting

I bite people when I'm drunk everybody shut up about it!

well I don't know to approve or not before I know how much you damage people with your bites

actually no that would be par for the course among my friends.

Bite on, you crazy diamond. Bite until you draw blood. Don't let nobody tell you it's wrong.

Yeah it fucking hurts

And you're all "yo don't do that ravenhpltc" but she has since disengaged and is mid way through biting a lamp
    camo_sig2.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I think I paid 600 for my i5/gtx 560/12gig ram desktop

Cuz im a poor I have to slum it in games

But that can run most games great!

Err I meant gtx 580

And yea but not ultra @ 1440p

I needs titans
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I return, after accidentally sleeping six hours.

And I still feel sleepy.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I saw a dang stranger
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    If I were rich, I might own a Mac.
    But I'm not, so I build my own computers.
    Also I will hate Apple for eternity for their stupid one-button retarded mice.

I think this is one of the things I hate about macs. That, and that stupid button you have to push instead of the "shift" key to do certain things.

Beyond those two simple things, I'm pretty much fine with macs.

NO WAIT, THIRD THING: I hit "caps" when I'm going to caps something, it's just faster for me, but on a mac the caps button freezes when you've hit it too much.

I basically just hate their keyboard and mouse. I've only really used the system to write papers or edit photos in photoshop so it seems fine to me.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearable obnoxious.

are you talking about gooey joking around? that is his thing. have you never seen him post the exact same thing about dubstep and call every other musical genre a joke?

there are people here who like apple a lot but you can't pretend it's full of the same vitriol and meanness about people who primarily use PCs. that's fatuous.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.
    meat.jpg
    syndalis wrote: »

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.

Careful dude

she bites.

(I'm just messing with you Raven. This is just funny to me. I will definitely not drink around you though)
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    So the new WTC is cheating to become the tallest building in the western hemisphere. Spire my ass.
    It's just slightly fancier antennae.
    But I think Willis tower deserves to lose the title for changing their fucking name.
    mim

i think you're confused

i'm gonna need you to take a step back
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

I think this is one of the things I hate about macs. That, and that stupid button you have to push instead of the "shift" key to do certain things.

NO WAIT, THIRD THING: I hit "caps" when I'm going to caps something, it's just faster for me, but on a mac the caps button freezes when you've hit it too much.

I basically just hate their keyboard and mouse. I've only really used the system to write papers or edit photos in photoshop so it seems fine to me.

Their keyboards and trackpads are da bes.

The Command Key (instead of control) is positioned as it is because it lets you reach farther into the keyboard than control does to issue commands.

Cut/Copy/Paste requires less finger stretching on a mac, for instance.

Apple makes shitty mice though, full stop. Which is why I use a Razer mouse along with a Magic Trackpad and the Apple wireless keyboard.
    meat.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I use a Mac because I do literally zero computer gaming so having a PC is wholly unnecessary
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    mim do you need lasik
    919UOwT.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    So the new WTC is cheating to become the tallest building in the western hemisphere. Spire my ass.
    It's just slightly fancier antennae.
    But I think Willis tower deserves to lose the title for changing their fucking name.

It's a tall fucking building.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    raven who did you bite

I want to hear gossip
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    What? We have a biter? Or... nibbler?

that's also what I am wondering here.

Is this nibbling, or is this "time to go renew rabies shots" kind of biting

I bite people when I'm drunk everybody shut up about it!

well I don't know to approve or not before I know how much you damage people with your bites

actually no that would be par for the course among my friends.

Bite on, you crazy diamond. Bite until you draw blood. Don't let nobody tell you it's wrong.

Yeah it fucking hurts

And you're all "yo don't do that ravenhpltc" but she has since disengaged and is mid way through biting a lamp

I never bit you!!!

I think...

Hmm.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    normally gossip is about who kissed who but I'll be open minded
    xlh6c3.png
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    earlier today the new temp receptionist that has been eyeing me for the last week just straight up hard core flirted with me

i basically stumbled my way through a conversation with her, with plenty of awkwardness

i have lost game

put me out to pasture

i am ready to be married

Use this post as your vows.

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm like a deer in headlights when someone flirts with me now.

It's like 'can't you see the ring? I'm taken ladies'.

But really, it's awkward and confusing and scary. I'm never sure how to react. Especially when she's young and pretty.
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    raven bit someone?
    sigvf.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    raven bit someone?

you know that this is your thing now, right, raven?
    xlh6c3.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    i really dont understand why people use PCs when Macs are so markedly better

it is okay to admit that you were wrong guys haha

I am no fan of the new UI, but I'd take even windows 8 over the Mac OS UI any day. That abomination claws at my eyes and annoys me constantly.

i use win 7 at work. it's, you know, better than xp, but still there are a lot of things about it that annoy me - mostly having to do with the system-level stuff and the console.

i'm putting a win 8 partition on my new computer. kind of looking forward to tooling around with it. i'm sure that there will be things that annoy me, but i admire ms for really taking their UI revamp seriously and making an attempt to innovate. it's been uncharacteristic of how they've done business in the past, and i hope this is going to be a thing for them.

in general i'm really happy with osx. there's not much i hate about it and if all other things were equal (especially product support), i'd probably use it for most everything.

the very worst thing about osx is the way they ended up with 4 seperate modifier keys in the bottom left of their keyboards. command, control, alt/func, shift. it makes text-editing a fucking chore and in general is a gaping wound in their general approach to simple, elegant interfaces.
    [chat] is really, really awful. Like we could discuss reasons why we hate each other and my teeth would itch less.

are you serious?
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @organichu @mim

where is the art museum relative to the regional rail stations in center city

is it in walking distance or do i gotta figure out how to traverse other things

i'm thinkin' a going
    Elendil on
    Per3th.jpg
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    raven bit someone?

It's not the zombie apocalypse.
    It's Crazies.
    zagdrob wrote: »
    earlier today the new temp receptionist that has been eyeing me for the last week just straight up hard core flirted with me

i basically stumbled my way through a conversation with her, with plenty of awkwardness

i have lost game

put me out to pasture

i am ready to be married

Use this post as your vows.

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm like a deer in headlights when someone flirts with me now.

It's like 'can't you see the ring? I'm taken ladies'.

But really, it's awkward and confusing and scary. I'm never sure how to react. Especially when she's young and pretty.

I think Im actually a lot less awkward now in the ultra rare event a lady attempts to flirt with me, cause Im not trying to get my D wet
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Mim wrote: »

apple's been doing two-button mouses for like a decade now
    mim do you need lasik

Why would I need lasik.
    mim

i think you're confused

i'm gonna need you to take a step back

What? I only hate two things about the mac and it's not even a vehement hate.
    Irond Will wrote: »
    [chat] is really, really awful. Like we could discuss reasons why we hate each other and my teeth would itch less.

are you serious?

ludious! remember rule #1!

never talk to cops!
    xlh6c3.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    raven bit someone?

It's Crazies.

Meth
    Elendil wrote: »
    @organichu @mim

i'm thinkin' a going

Philly has an Art Museum?
    How quaint.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    i wouldn't even know if a woman was flirting with me

not that it matters, since it's never happened

i think
    Per3th.jpg
    raven bit someone?

It's Crazies.

Meth
    Redundant!

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    raven bit someone?

I am a lady of many things.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    @organichu @mim

i'm thinkin' a going

Philly has an Art Museum?
    How quaint.
    um YEAH

don't you remember it from rocky
    Per3th.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    For 99.9 percent of the shit I do, both are about the same level of ease/frustration so I can't give a shit outside of PC gaming.
    organichu mim

i'm thinkin' a going

whether you get off at suburban station or 30th street station, both are about a one mile walk. suburban is probably a bit easier since you're on marked streets and not like, the schuykill trail (which is where you'd walk from 30th st).

raven bit someone?

I am a lady of many things.
    32 things!
    @organichu @mim

i'm thinkin' a going

If I'm thinking about it correctly, the regional rail...you'd be getting off at center city....so you'd just walk down Market....

Gurl, I just walk, I don't really keep in mind the ways that I'm going. And I just take the orange line like all the other crazies.
This discussion has been closed.