Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    @organichu @mim

where is the art museum relative to the regional rail stations in center city

is it in walking distance or do i gotta figure out how to traverse other things

i'm thinkin' a going

"walking distance from center city" = mugging distance

philly <3
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    220px-Philly042107-014-RockyStatue.jpg

we have a statue and everything
    Per3th.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    mim do you need lasik

Why would I need lasik.
    syndalis wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.

Careful dude

she bites.

(I'm just messing with you Raven. This is just funny to me. I will definitely not drink around you though)

919UOwT.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The last time a woman hit on me, I was at a strip club with my bros and this smoking hot girl came up to me and asked if I wanted to dance.

I was all, "Sorry lady, Im taken." She walked away... crushed.
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    raven bit someone?

It's not the zombie apocalypse.
    It's Crazies.

Meth
    Redundant!

I prefer Caveman, thanks.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Hm.

I have eighteen dollars until Wednesday.

Irishman's dilemma here.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    raven bit someone?

you know that this is your thing now, right, raven?

I am a lady of many things.

it is really infuriating when something is just too easy to have a go at that it ruins it all.
    xlh6c3.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Btw synd, I'll take ms against aapl if you wanna lay $1.10:$1 ;)
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    @So It Goes

So just when you thought the Prenda case ran out of possible humor....

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/698642-gand-05506627522.html

They brought suit against a gentleman in Georgia. The defendant submitted Wright's ruling. This is their response to that ruling being used in a Georgia case. It references gay marriage as a reason Wright's ruling should be ignored among other bits of "WTF?".
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    mim do you need lasik

Why would I need lasik.
    i guess in every industry it bothers me when people are so intent on trying to find and point out 'suckers'. like, if you think something is a better deal then fine, if you want to give your reasoning then ok. but with macs or raw denim or gourmet foods there is this really mean, vindictive desire to go 'haha suckers'. it's so intensely unlikable a trait. i am fine with budget shopping or different priorities when shopping, but i can't at all relate to the trend of mocking people who spend more money than you. SHEEP. MARKETING ZOMBIES. SUCKERS. TRUSTFUND KIDS.

like, this is only slightly less obnoxious and petty than keying cars or spitting in food.

look over the last couple pages of posts by people who have someone got their personal identity tangled up with Apple then tell me who is unbearably obnoxious.
    ... so the people not insulting the choices of others but like a thing are more annoying than the people who are calling them dumb or saying they have made bad decisions?

Jesus Christ.

Careful dude

she bites.

(I'm just messing with you Raven. This is just funny to me. I will definitely not drink around you though)

Yeah, I'm messing with Raven! I'm joking about her biting.
    i mean if either of you wants to go too you can

not sure if i'll go this weekend or what
    Per3th.jpg
    What are you going to see at the art museum, El?
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    i wouldn't even know if a woman was flirting with me

not that it matters, since it's never happened

i think

My wife always tells me when she notices girls / women checking me out.

Although one time at the gym she almost threw some chick off a treadmill because she was apparently flirting heavily with me. I didn't see it, but hey - she was pregnant at the time, so she gets a free pass.

Maybe the fear that flirting girl will get injured is why I get awkward / nervous. My wife would fuck a bitch up...she lit some girl up at a concert for crowding (and then biting her) and it was AWESOME.
    steam_sig.png
    mim do you need lasik

Why would I need lasik.

Jesus Christ.

Careful dude

she bites.

but you quoted reimann!
    919UOwT.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Jesus Christ.

eh, maybe I started reading chat in the middle of something someone else started? But you have to admit Gooey, among others, are pretty damn obnoxious about the Mac thing.

not to mention the very weird situation that when people, such as myself, criticize Apple, their products and their business practices other people start interpreting it as an attack on them.

That is super fucked up.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    MadCaddy wrote: »

You would like to place a bet on the future performance of a ticker?
    You don't need Syndalis for that. :P
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I made a crappy website for my game! Yay!

i don't know if i should link my sig to it. :worried:
    art presumably

i didn't have anything in mind particularly

not sure what temporary exhibits they have going now
    Per3th.jpg
    have you guys seen a movie called The Wild Hunt?

it's an indie flick about larpers

but really i enjoyed it a ton more than i thought i would

it was pretty good
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    raven bit someone?

you know that this is your thing now, right, raven?

I am a lady of many things.
    32 things!

Excuse me only 24 things.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Screw it. Brandy is only twelve dollars. That still leaves me six dollars in discretionary funds!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    art presumably

Phalluses in nature.
    TTODewback on
    mim do you need lasik

Why would I need lasik.

Jesus Christ.

Careful dude

she bites.

but you quoted reimann!

OH.

oh.

Shit and I'm wearing my glasses too that I just got a couple of months ago.

LOLOHWELL.
    art presumably

What day are you going?
    Quid wrote: »
    Screw it. Brandy is only twelve dollars. That still leaves me six dollars in discretionary funds!

Do you really want to drink cheap booze?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

this is making the absurd assumption that the stock price based upon any of the factors we are talking about (ie: value for the dollar on their products and warranties and such)
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Deebaser wrote: »

You would like to place a bet on the future performance of a ticker?
    You don't need Syndalis for that. :P

Well obv, just trying to get a favorable price.. Shhh. Don't you know not to fuck up another mans spot? It's akin to cock blocking, but far more dire.
    i wouldnt go long on either msft or aapl

but

if i were looking for stability, msft

if i were looking for volatility, aapl
    919UOwT.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

it was pretty good

is that the one where they accidentally summon the succubus who sleeps with and butchers everyone?
    Actually I don't think that is an indie film.
    TTODewback wrote: »

it was pretty good

is that the one where they accidentally summon the succubus who sleeps with and butchers everyone?
    Actually I don't think that is an indie film.

that is not the same movie, no

this one was canadian
    I'll take either side you guys want, same rate. Can I be PAs nerd war bookie? Head to head contracts would be a pain.
    art presumably

What day are you going?
    i was thinking tomorrow or sunday

probably sunday if figuring out how to get there is more advanced than google mapping it

or some other day i dunno

i'm not married to anything

i just want to get out on the town
    Per3th.jpg

it was pretty good

I wanna see Knights of Badassdom. It's an indie film about larpers that will never be released, because people are cunts and God is dead.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    so elendil, you want to get off the regional rail at suburban station (the conductor might also say '16th street' or 'penn station', all of which are the same). depending on where you exit the building you'll be a block or maybe two at the most from benjamin franklin parkway. that starts at the intersection of 16th and arch streets.

so anyway find BFP and walk up it the whole way. you'll pass through logan square (which is actually a circle :o) and by the franklin institute and the main branch of the public library. just continue on BFP all the way and there you go.
    edited May 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

Do you really want to drink cheap booze?

I actually find E&J brandy to be pretty tasty in itself and great mixed with Coke Zero.
    Quid on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Zachary. Have to teach you the Bilbo Baggins song. You'll get requests. LLAP
    msft might as well be fucking GE. nothing interesting is ever going to happen there.

the ship already sailed on aapl. if you wanted to ride the wave up you should have bought it in 2003.
    919UOwT.png
    Oh I was thinking of this
    Knights of Badassdom
    It has Peter Dinklage in it so it can't be that bad.
    On the other hand it's probably terrible.
    Especially since they can't find a company to release it.
    so elendil, you want to get off the regional rail at suburban station (the conductor might also say '16th street' or 'penn station', all of which are the same). depending on where you exit the building you'll be a block or maybe two at the most from benjamin franklin parkway. that starts at the intersection of 16th and arch streets.

so anyway find BFP and walk up it the whole way. you'll pass through logan square (which is actually a circle :o) and by the franklin institute and the main branch of the public library. just continue on BFP all the way and there you go.
    oh okay

thanks

suburban is the station i usually use in center city so i've been around the area a bit
    Per3th.jpg
This discussion has been closed.