Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    eat dat protein
    I have been!

I mean, I am assuming the answer to this is yes but, are you doing exercises that target your arm and chest muscles? [/quote]

Yeah been doing chest fly thingies or whatever they're called, bicep curls, tricep extensions, some days I'll do bench presses because it feels awesome.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Latest steam thing?

Cards?

Okay, it's the worst.

See, they decided to give trading cards for playing some select games.

Like, not playing trading cards, regular-ass trading cards, just an image and a title.

So if you play Portal 2, you can get 4 cards, at random.

There's a series of cards for these games and if you get all of them, so all 8 Portal 2 Trading Cards, you can destroy them to get a badge, a profile background, a special emoticon and 100 steam XP.

Problem is, you can only get 4 cards from Portal 2 in your entire life. So to get the full series, you need to trade games/buy cards on the marketplace with real money. and once you get all the cards, you can keep them or use them up.

And you can gather the series multiple times to get more backgrounds and emoticons.

Of course, there's an exception to the whole "only 4 cards in your account's lifetime" thing. F2P games like TF2 or DOTA2 let you get more cards if you spend money in their microtransactions stores.

For every 10 dollars you spend on TF2 items, you have one more card drop.

So as it stands, for, say Portal 2, only half the people can ever get the full set and at least half the people who own it will have to get rid of their cards from it.

it's bullshit and i hope they change the system, or scrap it altogether. it's nice to be able to have special profile backgrounds and badges and such from playing games, but the way they made it is so fucking predatory, it makes me angry.
    I think your outrage is a little out of proportion to the crime

So that is what the cards are for?

Uh I was just ignoring them like I ignore most things that aren't just my games.
    falasig.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    eat dat protein

This was totally my excuse for stuffing my face with free chicken fingers.

Did you work out before eating the chicken fingers.

Yeah I ran four miles this morning. :D
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I really should get into running. Oh well, we will see. I need to ease back into my exercise routine first of all. All my vacationing threw a wrench in my rhythm.

Doing legs recently left me totally dead for two days. So, first get back into weights, then back into kendo, and then maybe run on the off days.

And then die.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I'll give away all my cards, I ain't give a f.
    dkmouthsig.png
    I really should get into running. Oh well, we will see. I need to ease back into my exercise routine first of all. All my vacationing threw a wrench in my rhythm.

Doing legs recently left me totally dead for two days. So, first get back into weights, then back into kendo, and then maybe run on the off days.

And then die.

Yeah, I usually only run 1-2 of my four exercise days per week because it kills my legs so badly the next day. Tomorrow I will be hiding a limp.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    My diet today has been 60% cookies. Thursday is cookie day at work and it's the best/worst!
    dkmouthsig.png
    Also I bumped up my weights today. Only 2kg per arm, but holy fuck does that make a big difference.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I feel bad, my professor has been helping me with this cover letter. And he finds really small things that the career office doesn't even see. And then feels guilty since I am doing this while doing all this work.

And I feel guilty for having sending him stuff but he said to.

ugh. It is is like a guilt merry go round.
    falasig.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    eat dat protein
    I have been!

I mean, I am assuming the answer to this is yes but, are you doing exercises that target your arm and chest muscles?

Yeah been doing chest fly thingies or whatever they're called, bicep curls, tricep extensions, some days I'll do bench presses because it feels awesome.[/quote]

You should try heavier weights and/or anabolic steroids.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    And I'm doing everything with free weights at the moment and it's improving my posture so at least that's something.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Challenging weight/4 sets/10-12 reps

When it doesn't produce results, blame your genetics and start enjoying life.

For some reason all my sets with weights occur in increments of 11. Do 11, can I do 11 more? Do it. Rest. Do 33 more. Everything is in 11s.

PUMP IT UP TO 11 Y'ALL.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

For some reason all my sets with weights occur in increments of 11. Do 11, can I do 11 more? Do it. Rest. Do 33 more. Everything is in 11s.

PUMP IT UP TO 11 Y'ALL.

Couldn't you just make it 10 reps at a heavier weight and make 10 the highest?

PUMP IT UP TO 11 Y'ALL.

Couldn't you just make it 10 reps at a heavier weight and make 10 the highest?

No.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I am at an awful point in my limited rural gym where the free weights jump 5kg as the smallest increment.

At a real awkward point in some of my exercises where at my current level they are very easy but going up makes it feel like something in my body is going to break.!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Fewer reps at your max weight work pretty well. But it's about what you feel safe with, too.
    :( You were supposed to say "but these sets go to 11"

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 0100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101 01110100 01100101 01110010 0100000 01100110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01101110 01100100 0101100 0100000 01101000 01101111 01110111 0100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 0100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 0100000 01110100 01101111 01100100 01100001 01111001 0111111

@BeNarwhal

Whatever translator you were using is sadly a bit bad :P

It is for some reason encoding space as @, by turning 0x20 into 0x40, but also bizarrely dropping the leading zero, which is why you have a bunch of seven-bit units up there.

I'd say that translator's a bit short of byte in that regard.

My Spinal Tap is extremely rusty. Forgive me.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Working in an office where spinal taps happen sometimes made me cringe at the literal reading of this.
    having the window open on a warm night is pretty sweet

Well watch it again.

Then watch it another time with the amazing commentary track.
    Time for me to hit the hay. Tomorrow I get to go to a semi-exclusive luncheon with David Boreanaz. I wish I liked him more as a person, and not just as a mediocre actor that happens to represent my department.

I seriously love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, too. I am the self-designated Whedon expert of this chat! I should be more excited about this!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Time for me to hit the hay. Tomorrow I get to go to a semi-exclusive luncheon with David Boreanaz. I wish I liked him more as a person, and not just as a mediocre actor that happens to represent my department.

I seriously love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, too. I am the self-designated Whedon expert of this chat! I should be more excited about this!

MEDIOCRE ACTOR OH MY GOD WHAT?!

Dude. Seriously. Watch him try to emote on Buffy. It is occasionally painful to watch. The only reason he improved on Angel and Bones is because he is essentially playing himself.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

Whatever you do, don't have sex with him

That has consequences
    turtlesig.jpg

Dude. Seriously. Watch him try to emote on Buffy. It is occasionally painful to watch. The only reason he improved on Angel and Bones is because he is essentially playing himself.

BUT HE'S SO DREAMY AND TORTURED
    simonwolf wrote: »

That has consequences

I will tell you why I will not: He graduated from this school in 1991, the year I was born.

That is crossing all sorts of creepy boundaries.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

That has consequences

I will tell you why I will not: He graduated from this school in 1991, the year I was born.

Meh, you're legal.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    edited May 2013
    Angel was the reason I watched Buffy as long as I did.

Edit: I enjoyed hating him in the beginning when he was useless and I slowly began to like him until I CRAVED HIS TOUCH
    Sarksus on

That has consequences

Meh, you're legal.

You know, I wonder if some of the more morally compromised girls in my class might try. He was out at the bars tonight, he'll probably go out again tomorrow and Saturday as well. Plenty of opportunities for the super hawt girls to give it a go, should they choose to.

And it's not exactly like he has a reputation of being faithful to his wife and family! :l
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

That has consequences

Meh, you're legal.

You know, I wonder if some of the more morally compromised girls in my class might try. He was out at the bars tonight, he'll probably go out again tomorrow and Saturday as well. Plenty of opportunities for the super hawt girls to give it a go, should they choose to.

And it's not exactly like he has a reputation of being faithful to his wife and family! :l

I rescind my joke about boinking him.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Man I should never pre-order things.

I want to play A Study in Emerald so bad but it won't be out until October at the soonest.

Q.Q
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    maybe they have an open relationship you presumptuous jerks!

*drinks mountain dew*
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Huh, so Scribblenauts has a DC comics-based game now?

xlarge.jpg
    工事中
    Organichu wrote: »

*drinks mountain dew*

Then he'd be being faithful.

*nibbles at his affogato*
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Organichu wrote: »

*drinks mountain dew*

Nah, his first wife divorced him for it and he had to release all these formal apologies and tell the press he and his wife were getting couples therapy when he continued to have affairs all over the place while married to his current wife. But, it's true. He could just be doing that because it's what the public expects, and in reality his wife doesn't care. I am not to judge, I suppose!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Huh, so Scribblenauts has a DC comics-based game now?

xlarge.jpg

yeah, apparently it has 20 different Batman's and 150 Green Lanterns
    bloodyroarxx on
    Ugh, I am reading the writer's guide series for Star Citizen, cuz maybe I'll write some fanfiction, and the first one deals with the setting's history, and it's so silly. There's no context for any of the events or people or organizations they're telling me about. It's just facts held together with string.