Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    That book is something else.
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    my anime loving buddy tried to capitalise on me admitting i liked gundam wing by getting me to watch code guiass (SP?)

i couldn't

i just couldn't

the robots were alright but it had everything i hate about anime poured all over the top of it in vast quantities

all the people were so KAWAIIIIIIII UGUU~

Should of had you watch some manime like Zeta Gundam or 08th MS Team

i heard all the gundams after the first one were shit

That is a very false statement

i'm just going by what i've heard

and by catching a couple of eps of a news gundam series which was in fact, shit

I can vouch for 08th MS Team. It's basically Band of Brothers: Giant Robot Edition.
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • HerrCronHerrCron Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Reading the wiki plot summary of the latest Dan Brown.

Oy vey.

Oh holy wow, that's batshit.
    sig.gif
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I rewatched the battletech cartoon around when MWO was in closed beta. It was so bad. So incredibly bad.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    @Bogart, so Dan Brown aside, have you read any good stuff lately?
    evilbob wrote: »
    I rewatched the battletech cartoon around when MWO was in closed beta. It was so bad. So incredibly bad.

I remember coming at lunch from school and watching it while eating.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Oy vey.

oh wow, this sounds amazing
    A Punk Assassin.

Punkassassin.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i'm supposed to hang out with mim and elendil tomorrow.

i looked up some of the exhibits at the art museum. i arranged a restaurant where i can have my back to a wall, watching all entrances and exits. a condition was made that mim couldn't bring her camera. i had the secret service run the ssn of elendil's waifu-chan.

i think... i'm ready to meet people from the internet.

i've met a bunch of people from SE++ at EURO PAX which was a lot of fun

also i have spent a very fun afternoon with Bobcesca eating burgers and drinking coffee

those happen to be two of my favourite things so doing it with good company and intelligent conversation (by my standards at least) was icing on the cake

what im saying is, PA folks are fun

oh i was just joshing- i've met dozens of forumers at pax, slept at casual eddy's, slept at irond will's, slept at nexuscrawler's, fucked jacobkosh etc
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    my anime loving buddy tried to capitalise on me admitting i liked gundam wing by getting me to watch code guiass (SP?)

i couldn't

i just couldn't

the robots were alright but it had everything i hate about anime poured all over the top of it in vast quantities

I can vouch for 08th MS Team. It's basically Band of Brothers: Giant Robot Edition.

iiiiiiinteresting
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular

i couldn't

i just couldn't

Who even told you that?

Go watch 08th MS Team or Gundam 0080 or Turn A Gundam

It might be a bit telling that these are all 10-20+ years old, though 00 was ok

Oy vey.

oh wow, this sounds amazing
    A Punk Assassin.

Punkassassin.

I assume she looks like the female lead in Watch Dogs

WatchDogs_0002.jpg
    i'm supposed to hang out with mim and elendil tomorrow.

i looked up some of the exhibits at the art museum. i arranged a restaurant where i can have my back to a wall, watching all entrances and exits. a condition was made that mim couldn't bring her camera. i had the secret service run the ssn of elendil's waifu-chan.

i think... i'm ready to meet people from the internet.

i've met a bunch of people from SE++ at EURO PAX which was a lot of fun

also i have spent a very fun afternoon with Bobcesca eating burgers and drinking coffee

those happen to be two of my favourite things so doing it with good company and intelligent conversation (by my standards at least) was icing on the cake

what im saying is, PA folks are fun

oh i was just joshing- i've met dozens of forumers at pax, slept at casual eddy's, slept at irond will's, slept at nexuscrawler's, fucked jacobkosh etc

who hasn't?

guy gets around is all i'm saying
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

i couldn't

i just couldn't

and by catching a couple of eps of a new gundam series which was in fact, shit

Who even told you that?

Go watch 08th MS Team or Gundam 0080 or Turn A Gundam

It might be a bit telling that these are all 10-20+ years old, though 00 was ok

anime liking friend said it to me, but i'm rapidly seeing his tastes and mine don't match so who knows?

08th MS team could be more my thing
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I tend to go for the more serious and/or actiony animes

Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk, etc

I think I only liked one crazy one, FLCL, and that was mostly because it was poking fun at pop culture and anime itself while telling a surprisingly decent story and crazy amount of action stuffed in.

Otherwise, I can't usually do the comedy anime. It's always romantic comedy harem bullshit. Cannot handle.
    I liked FLCL, PSG and Dead leaves, all because they were so unserious and much more comically animated.

I remember watching Dead Leaves with a wannabe film buff friend of mine. His brain shut down about halfway through as he had no way of processing something like that. When it finished he was just "I don't know what happened" and left. Couldn't even discuss the themes. Noob.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    My favourite detail in Inferno is that WHO has an elite SWAT team they have working black ops.

The ending is no doubt intended to be profound and thoughtful but is actually sorta genocidal.
    Bogart on
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    I realize exactly no one here will agree with me on this but Titanic is probably my favorite James Cameron movie. Disregarding Aliens, which I haven't seen in a while, and The Abyss, which I haven't seen.
    jBEKRTH.png
    wandering wrote: »
    I realize exactly no one here will agree with me on this but Titanic is probably my favorite James Cameron movie. Disregarding Aliens, which I haven't seen in a while, and The Abyss, which I haven't seen.
    Disregarding his better films, it is the best.

I assume you forget True Lies is a Cameron joint
    0080 is probably my favorite Gundam thing though
    edited May 2013

Is that War in the Pocket?
    bloodyroarxx on

It is
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

"The guy is a goddamn used car salesman. This just keeps gettin better and better!"
    kravensig.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited May 2013

It is

That was my first Gundam aside from Wing, I have fond memories.
    bloodyroarxx on
    @Jacobkosh
    @Bogart, so Dan Brown aside, have you read any good stuff lately?

I finally started reading the Aubrey/Maturin books, now that I have all but one in the editions I like. First one is, as you say, episodic, but still fun. The sea-slang is a mysterious pool into which one grows gradually acclimatised. I finally got around to reading all the Hammet books I have, and they were unsurprisingly ace. I gave some Star Trek tie-in fiction a try (albeit stuff written by the reliable Peter David) and found it to be ok I guess but still tie-in fiction.

I am now slogging through the latest ASOIAF book, which I have already spoiled myself for because I wasn't sure I wanted to bother after the dullness of A Feast For Crows and my growing belief that GRRM is spinning about three of the five wheels on his epic fantasy bike while the other two catch up. It is ok, but my bad habit of spoiling things for myself has harmed the reading.

I picked up a copy of Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House and Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes after reading Danse Macabre and imbibing King's hearty recommendations and will get to them sooner rather than later. I zipped through Lisa Tuttle's fine collection A Nest Of Nightmares, something I had on my list of second-hand books for nigh on twenty years before picking up a copy in Hay on Wye.

Generally, I have been reading less recently, which I think is down to work being a strain of late. I have instead been idling away easy hours in Skyrim and other vidja games, which is something I am thinking of cutting back on drastically because I am approaching forty and the knowledge of my own mortality is beginning to make me wonder whether 150 hours in Skyrim is time well spent in my one and only life.

Ho hum.
    The Abyss is one of the few movies to make you feel the terror of a colourblind bomb desposal expert

"The guy is a goddamn used car salesman. This just keeps gettin better and better!"

maybe NSFW?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/682452/true-lies-o.gif
    edited May 2013
    We went on holiday recently and spent several days in a caravan. I read three books, more than I'd done in the two months previously. I am in the bad habit of just internetting and vidja-gaming when at home and I think it may have crossed over into the area of comfortable routine that is deadening my soul.

Maybe this is a mid-life crisis. If so, I should buy a shiny red car, right? But I am bored by cars, so perhaps a shiny red something else.
    Bogart on
    edited May 2013
    We went on holiday recently and spent several days in a caravan. I read three books, more than I'd done in the two months previously. I am in the bad habit of just internetting and vidja-gaming when at home and I think it may have crossed over into the area of comfortable routine. that is deadening my soul.

Maybe this is a mid-life crisis. If so, I should buy a shiny red car, right? But I am bored by cars, so perhaps a shiny red something else.

like you became gypsies?
    Organichu on
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, chu. I am not really given to waxing about my FEELINGS on tinternet but I think I spend too much time idling time away.
    Bogart on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    We went on holiday recently and spent several days in a caravan. I read three books, more than I'd done in the two months previously. I am in the bad habit of just internetting and vidja-gaming when at home and I think it may have crossed over into the area of comfortable routine. that is deadening my soul.

I know what you mean. I don't read enough either. On the other hand, a lot of games recently have been experiences I genuinely enjoyed having, so...I dunno. I guess I need to try and be more discerning and avoid falling into the trap of just gaming because I've 'nothing better to do,' because I do have better things to do.

I"m reading more than I was, but I keep losing my Kindle. :P
    Hmm it is payday perhaps I shall buy myself breakfast on the way home since no one else is home.
    no sorry i meant gypsies, not zombies, that was a brain fart

you said caravan
    Gypsies makes a lot more sense than zombies.

It was a big static caravan in a caravan park near the sea, followed by days staying with friends and relatives. It was a cheap holiday that took the place of an expensive holiday in Istanbul after one of our cats developed ongoing and incredibly expensive health problems.
    also speaking of zombies i saw the world war z trailer in imax 3d last night

it was p cleverly done so you only even got a vague idea of what 'the enemy' was
    I am getting a hankering to play EUIII, but I know if I load it up I'll realise how terrible it is in comparison to CK2.

I just wanna bring the Byzantine Empire back from the brink in 1400. Why can't EUIV be out yet?
    Also @Bogart I forgot to say, yesssssssssss on finally joining us in Aubrey/Maturin.

The first book is fun enough but seriously 2 is in a whole different league (most of it is slapstick comedy and Jane Austen romance shenanigans...for real) and begins this amazing upward slope that just keeps going and going and going until 7 or 8 at least
    i'm not convinced your'e not an unwashed muggle gypsy
    also i just read a quote about the world war z movie:
    each view World War Z as a trilogy that would have the grounded, gun-metal realism of Matt Damon's Jason Bourne series tethered to the unsettling end-times vibe of AMC's The Walking Dead

i know nothing about the IP except nerds love it but this has me mega interested
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    You know who I wouldn't want dropping in on me?

Owen hart.

not cool dude

You wanna know who I wouldn't want to leave alone with my wife and kid the weekend of a WWE event?
    nah I won't go there. Except I kinda did. Shit.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    chris benoit is a better father than charlie sheen