Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    blah, older brother relapsed bad with his perc addiction. sucks. he has a <1y/o daughter now, too. just a mess.

does he do the AA thing?

nah. just stops on his own for a week, ten days at most. usually just due to lack of funds. it used to just be blowing his paychecks but now he's into full on scamming friends and family, stealing, etc.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    OH MY GOD

HOW AM I DOING A FUCKING COINTEGRATION TEST WRONG

WHY AM I GETTING DIFFERENT RESULTS EVERYWHERE

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS

Seems like an I/O error please ensure any ID-10T issues are resolved before proceeding. 8->
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I miss the nineties

1334681.jpg

the 90s say hi

They look so happy.

wouldn't you be happy at a party in which zero people were staring at their phones and updating their facebooks instead of losing their minds to silly bass music?

Why do I care what other people do as long as I'm having a good time?

in a party setting, your good time often relates to what others are doing

I know even when I'm just with 2 friends, if one has their nose in their phone my fun is diminished.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    I miss the nineties, and being a terrible teenager roleplaying on AOL.
    i admit to RPing a vampire in the vampyre inn

i was one of the co-owners (of said inn) with my long-term RP wife.

my vampire had a robotic arm and wasn't able to touch water

those were the days
    sigvf.jpg
    Variable wrote: »
    blah, older brother relapsed bad with his perc addiction. sucks. he has a <1y/o daughter now, too. just a mess.

does he do the AA thing?

nah. just stops on his own for a week, ten days at most. usually just due to lack of funds. it used to just be blowing his paychecks but now he's into full on scamming friends and family, stealing, etc.

I'm really sorry for you and for him

it's so difficult and it's just impossible on your own.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    If they're playing with their phones at a party, then they're not paying attention to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb93F76431Y
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Seriously though, I must've been on the computer 5-10 hours a night.

No wonder I got shit grades.
    sigvf.jpg
    That sucks man, as someone who lost his brother to an overdose, I feel for you.

Be there for him, don't hold it against him.

My only advice.

sigvf.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    nibTVpF.jpg

Where is Hillary?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

HOW AM I DOING A FUCKING COINTEGRATION TEST WRONG

WHY AM I GETTING DIFFERENT RESULTS EVERYWHERE

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS

Seems like an I/O error please ensure any ID-10T issues are resolved before proceeding. 8->

I DOOOOON'T GEEEEET IIIIIIT
    edited May 2013
    I only have one night I rmember getting lost in the internet before 2000, and it was posting on video game forums the first time I realized such things existed.

after 2000 there were many nights
    Variable on
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Eh I don't much care unless I'm actively seekin their attention or something otherwise beat off for all I care just aim away from me
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    zmeanwhile-in-asia-15.jpg?w=500&h=587
    xlh6c3.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    There are endless adverts for Nashville. This appears to be serious Glee about the cut throat world of the country equivalent of the club circuit
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    That sucks man, as someone who lost his brother to an overdose, I feel for you.

Be there for him, don't hold it against him.

My only advice.
    also

keep an eye on your shit when hes around

My brother sold my ps2

that fucker

(RIP)

sigvf.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    nibTVpF.jpg

Where is Hillary?

Out fighting threats to our freedom with Jack-in-the-box, and Wendy.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    desc i like your ideas about destroying the wage system and fucking the man

but i hate your ideas about what you'd use to fill that vacuum

i'm so conflicted

shhh, shhh

you'll learn to like being locked inside a dark tunnel filled with churning drum music

it's just how things will be in the Latverian States of America
    I miss the nineties

1334681.jpg

the 90s say hi

They look so happy.

wouldn't you be happy at a party in which zero people were staring at their phones and updating their facebooks instead of losing their minds to silly bass music?

Why do I care what other people do as long as I'm having a good time?

'cause hysteria multiplies and facebook sucks

this sucks :l
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well hello there [chat]

This weekend has indeed been a fine weekend so far!

But soon I have to work again

True definition of #WorkHardPlayHard
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    apparently I drunk grocery shopped last night.
    Picked up so much fruit.
    Making a pineapple/Mango/Pomme white rum infusion and a Pineapple ginger gold infusion
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    alright so I can't reproduce this guy's work here on allegedly the same data from the finance ministry

hmm
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo2_1280.png
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    I am too tired to think, I shall sleep for five hours and then rush this with something that is going to be rather thinner that I hoped
    ronya on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Good god not even back in Japan for 5 minutes before the country decides to slap me with some stupidity.

I have no cash on me.

I want food.

All the ATMs have closed for the evening

The ATMs, at th airport, have closed before the last flights of the day have arrived.

Why would you do that?! Why would you give ATMs operating hours at all?!?!?!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I use to go into prodigy chat rooms and troll in middle school. So like 95-96 or so. I got banned a few times which was kind of hilarious. Or it was at the time.

It wasn't really till I got my 500 mhz pc that I really got lost in gaming, so sophmore/junior year? 1999 or so. Then it was a lot of Counterstrike back when it was still in beta. Also TFC.

I guess 1998 with Starcraft 1 is in there as well. I played that a lot. And especially played The Elements rpg map.
    falasig.png
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo3_1280.png
    tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo1_1280.png

tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo4_1280.png

tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo5_1280.png

tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo7_1280.png

tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo6_1280.png
    tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo8_1280.png
    tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo9_1280.png

tumblr_mmct5hYHyh1sq8ylqo10_1280.png
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    mazzyx

what would you do if you had predicated a crucial bit of a paper due in 24 hours on some elementary analytical work which you thought you could reproduce but can't
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Good god not even back in Japan for 5 minutes before the country decides to slap me with some stupidity.

I have no cash on me.

I want food.

The ATMs, at th airport, have closed before the last flights of the day have arrived.

My friend had a pretty good theory on that. Much like the trains stopping at 2 am it is a form of social control. In this case a way to limit the amount of funds removed from the banking system at anyone time in order to prevent shocks.

Which is kind of unneeded with the Japanese saving preference but still kind of makes sense.
    falasig.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I use to go into prodigy chat rooms and troll in middle school. So like 95-96 or so. I got banned a few times which was kind of hilarious. Or it was at the time.

It wasn't really till I got my 500 mhz pc that I really got lost in gaming, so sophmore/junior year? 1999 or so. Then it was a lot of Counterstrike back when it was still in beta. Also TFC.

I guess 1998 with Starcraft 1 is in there as well. I played that a lot. And especially played The Elements rpg map.
    TFC and Starcraft RPGs were also my life.

<3

sigvf.jpg
    Deebaser wrote: »
    apparently I drunk grocery shopped last night.
    Picked up so much fruit.
    Making a pineapple/Mango/Pomme white rum infusion and a Pineapple ginger gold infusion

sometimes Drunk You sabotages Future You

but sometimes Drunk You thinks outside the box and Future You reaps the rewards
    those are some pretty serious pokemans
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I have no cash on me.

I want food.

My friend had a pretty good theory on that. Much like the trains stopping at 2 am it is a form of social control. In this case a way to limit the amount of funds removed from the banking system at anyone time in order to prevent shocks.

Which is kind of unneeded with the Japanese saving preference but still kind of makes sense.

But at the airport? Where there are 24 hour food places? That only take cash?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    mazzyx

what would you do if you had predicated a crucial bit of a paper due in 24 hours on some elementary analytical work which you thought you could reproduce but can't

Freak and keep trying?

I have a lot of writing to do today but nothing like that since I finished my stata work earlier
    falasig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    yeah and i can hardly even spend time with him anymore except in specific settings because he's wild and reckless and i'll end up getting locked up
    mazzyx

Freak and keep trying?

I have a lot of writing to do today but nothing like that since I finished my stata work earlier

I did the end analysis whilst assuming all the summary stats the assumptions of the end analysis are based on all hold

and now it turns out I can't get ANY of them to work

everything points in the wrong direction, my T values are consistently about 2x his which messes some of the tests but not others
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    alright so I can't reproduce this guy's work here on allegedly the same data from the finance ministry

hmm

Be excite, you might be the next This Guy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22223190
    like his theory is defo wrong, he's using unadjusted critical values for a 2stage regression, so I wouldn't freak out too much if that failed

but I can't match his goddamn test statistic
    I can still do this. I can still this. Breathe. I can just cite all of his results instead. I hope. And hope I don't get the obvious questions.
This discussion has been closed.