Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Oh.

Yeah, Chu, that sucks. What's wrong with your aunt?
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    this is a really fascinating experience. my little brother stole money from me (and already spent it and can't give it back). my aunt yelled at him for a few minutes but won't allow me to 'do' anything about it. ultimately there are going to be no consequences for him.

Man I'm really sorry to hear that, Chu

Do you have some way to keep your stuff locked up or anything?

i do and usually i am pretty careful about it but i guess i slipped up.

Ah. Still sorry to hear. If I were in the same situation I'd probably have stopped looking out if they were cleaning up, too.
    CDIOl.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mim wrote: »
    God. I made Sim versions of me and Sarksus and clearly made it so we're boyfriend and girlfriend in the game. At first they were all over each other and I'm like "This has never happened to me in a Sim game before"

BUT NOW ALL THESE OTHER BITCHES WANT HIS D. Like, this heifer from across the way is all "OooOooOOH, we have SO MUCH in common. I would LOVE to get to know you better" and I'm like "Step off, heifer"

but then the neighbors come to visit and they're all chicks and they're all hitting on him! And my sim is just standing there watching this go down like this:

[IM G ]http://i.imgur.com/FDSsQPV.jpg[/IMG]

This game is pretty realistic.
    Sarksus on
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    actually I'm not sure what I'm booyeah-ing for, other than the happy unambiguity of the direction of causation
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    this is a really fascinating experience. my little brother stole money from me (and already spent it and can't give it back). my aunt yelled at him for a few minutes but won't allow me to 'do' anything about it. ultimately there are going to be no consequences for him.

What did he buy with the money?

I would take the item and use it for myself. Without my aunt knowing about it.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    God. I made Sim versions of me and Sarksus and clearly made it so we're boyfriend and girlfriend in the game. At first they were all over each other and I'm like "This has never happened to me in a Sim game before"

BUT NOW ALL THESE OTHER BITCHES WANT HIS D. Like, this heifer from across the way is all "OooOooOOH, we have SO MUCH in common. I would LOVE to get to know you better" and I'm like "Step off, heifer"

but then the neighbors come to visit and they're all chicks and they're all hitting on him! And my sim is just standing there watching this go down like this:

mm mm

I know you aren't just going to take this shit, SimMim

1. explain to these bitches what time it actually is with the precision of an atomic clock
    2. explain to your man that the continued attachment of his penis to his body is not something under his control
    3. everyone steps the fuck off
    4. tumblr_llxagxcfD71qdgswu.gif
    Organichu when you go to the four year college are you gonna live in dorms and rack up sweet debt in exchange for not living with crazy people.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    200 pages into A Feast For Crows.

I am finding Martin's writing to oscillate wildly between quite engaging and utterly intolerable so far.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    oh god I wanna get the game Knights of the Round for SNES but minimum they go for used on Amazon is $41
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Bits of biscuit in chocolate is superior to chocolate biscuits. Discuss.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    so, anyone would be down with playing a lil game of Raiders and Relics with me today?

Do you have a mobile app?

No.

The game is barely at a prototype stage here, I don't know how to code and i don't know any programmers willing to make a mobile app for an incomplete game pro bono...

I was joking

But also i cant help cuz i only has mobile phone

You don't even have a laptop computer?

I am baffled someone would not have a single computer...

My personal computer is The Cloud, bro.

Still, i find that bafflin'.

computrons are useful, they had the original "apps" dontcha know!

Pfft, the app paradigm is so Yesterday.

Tomorrow is all about P2P computing and F2P and B2B and BYOB and Decentralization and Horizontal Integration and Post-Hub & Spoke and rabble rabble rabble...

Innovation!
    network_sig2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh.

she doesn't have any kids, and my brother is like her son. raised him from infancy when my negligent mom didn't want anything to do with her kids. that + the fact that he is always in legal trouble and she fears he'll get locked up for real time makes her a crazy, overprotective, oblivious parent.

she yells at him and calls him an idiot and gives him an earful 24 hours a day. but when it comes down to it she still allows him in the house, she still lets him sleep here when he can't find a couch to crash on, and she still protects him from me punching him in the face.
    Unfortunately for me Desc, when I asked Sarksus for some traits for my sim, he gave her "Couch potato" so she might just lose herself in television to dull the pain of her boyfriend being a lothario.

But Real!Mim is doing this:

LYa6rkV.gif
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu when you go to the four year college are you gonna live in dorms and rack up sweet debt in exchange for not living with crazy people.

i probably won't be able to afford that, no, even racking up the greatest amount of debt i can.
    Oh.

she doesn't have any kids, and my brother is like her son. raised him from infancy when my negligent mom didn't want anything to do with her kids. that + the fact that he is always in legal trouble and she fears he'll get locked up for real time makes her a crazy, overprotective, oblivious parent.

she yells at him and calls him an idiot and gives him an earful 24 hours a day. but when it comes down to it she still allows him in the house, she still lets him sleep here when he can't find a couch to crash on, and she still protects him from me punching him in the face.

Oh, I see.

I can at least get that. But she's not doing any favors by insulating him from fallout after stealing shit.

What did he buy with the money?

I would take the item and use it for myself. Without my aunt knowing about it.

i have no idea, he just doesn't have the money anymore. probably snacks or cigarettes or something.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    200 pages into A Feast For Crows.

I am finding Martin's writing to oscillate wildly between quite engaging and utterly intolerable so far.

ASoIaF is a series of disconnected descriptions of all-mutton meals.
    network_sig2.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Unfortunately for me Desc, when I asked Sarksus for some traits for my sim, he gave her "Couch potato" so she might just lose herself in television to dull the pain of her boyfriend being a lothario.

But Real!Mim is doing this:

LYa6rkV.gif

@sarksus you know full well that I am a sex-positive feminist but we need to have a serious talk about you being a stupid slut

bro to bro
    mim, wait for one of these heifers to call your phone

Dave_Chappelle_When_Keep_It_Real_Goes_Wrong_NSFW.jpg

I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE, THOUGH
    i keeps it real?
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    this will be the first assignment I've done in a while where I am consciously bullshitting results
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    infectionator 2 is fucking addicting ahhh
    sigvf.jpg
    Does this girl realize she is sitting so I can see right up her skirt?

Is she doing it on purpose?

I am just going to try and ignore it.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    this will be the first assignment I've done in a while where I am consciously bullshitting results

mazel tov

today you are an economist
    Lh96QHG.png
    I'm not a slut

I'm just open
    ronya wrote: »

mazel tov

today you are an economist

Make sure you don't know how to use Excel! If you already do, just hit yourself really hard in the Excel region of the brain.
    network_sig2.png
    Also Martin badly needs a historical arms and armor nerd somewhere on his staff.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Does this girl realize she is sitting so I can see right up her skirt?

Is she doing it on purpose?

I am just going to try and ignore it.

Are you recreating Fatal Attraction?

(I may have the name of that film wrong)
    Also Martin badly needs a historical arms and armor nerd somewhere on his staff.

if he's going for accuracy, maybe. i have always found his dudes-swordfighting scenes interesting, even if gorgets don't work this way or armor doesn't crumple like that. i
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm not a slut

I'm just open

Yeah, well my sim is going to build a room under the house and lock you and your "open" friends in there.

Then I'll put a toilet in there, and none of you will want to use it because y'all "barely" know each other so you all will shit all over yourselves in front of one another.

THEN YOU WILL REALLY GET TO KNOW MORE OF EACH OTHER.

B4e4FPB.gif

No. Westeros is symbolic of Medieval Europe -- it is not Medieval Europe. He's not trying to be historically accurate, and no amount of Armchair Internet Man-at-Arms should change that.

(Sorry, there's a lot of pent up angst in this post not specifically directed at you. :P)
    network_sig2.png

if he's going for accuracy, maybe. i have always found his dudes-swordfighting scenes interesting, even if gorgets don't work this way or armor doesn't crumple like that. i

I feel like he wants his world to be gritty and real but then he says stuff that knocks my sense of immersion right out the window for a bit.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Mim is my favorite psychopath.
    I doesn't need to be like, historically perfect, but, I for one find it really annoying that he continually refers to lobstered mail armor. Because lobstered mail is not a thing that exists, so my brain does not know what to imagine at all.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Mim is my favorite psychopath.

I likes to keep it REAL
    I doesn't need to be like, historically perfect, but, I for one find it really annoying that he continually refers to lobstered mail armor. Because lobstered mail is not a thing that exists, so my brain does not know what to imagine at all.

It's well known that House [I can't actually think of the name of any of the houses] are lobster men and crab women.

I feel like he wants his world to be gritty and real but then he says stuff that knocks my sense of immersion right out the window for a bit.

i understand what you're saying but you're a niche, right? like, not a lot of people share your knowledge of these things so while that complaint might be relevant for you it is broadly not problematic for a book.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I still cannot tell if Mim and Sarksus are really dating or if this is all some kind of elaborate in joke.

Either way, you take care of your woman Sarksus, or so help me I'ma gonna give you such a whoopin'!
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bits of biscuit in chocolate is superior to chocolate biscuits. Discuss.

You failed to post photos of each party's position, therefore we are all unsure who to support
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hello chat. I had a very successful romp at the farmer's market this morning. I got a strawberry-sweet-cream-vanilla crepe, and later I had Cambodian bahn chev. It's really exciting to buy something when you have NO IDEA what it will look like/what's in it when it's done. :D It was yummy.
    Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
This discussion has been closed.