Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Did you carry the remainder?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Good god not even back in Japan for 5 minutes before the country decides to slap me with some stupidity.

I have no cash on me.

I want food.

All the ATMs have closed for the evening

The ATMs, at th airport, have closed before the last flights of the day have arrived.

Why would you do that?! Why would you give ATMs operating hours at all?!?!?!

My friend had a pretty good theory on that. Much like the trains stopping at 2 am it is a form of social control. In this case a way to limit the amount of funds removed from the banking system at anyone time in order to prevent shocks.

Which is kind of unneeded with the Japanese saving preference but still kind of makes sense.

I think Chris Rock (maybe some other comedian?) had a similar theory with regards to atms closing and social control.

99% of the reasons you'd ever need to withdraw $400 at 2am are bad ones.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Good god not even back in Japan for 5 minutes before the country decides to slap me with some stupidity.

I have no cash on me.

I want food.

All the ATMs have closed for the evening

The ATMs, at th airport, have closed before the last flights of the day have arrived.

Why would you do that?! Why would you give ATMs operating hours at all?!?!?!

My friend had a pretty good theory on that. Much like the trains stopping at 2 am it is a form of social control. In this case a way to limit the amount of funds removed from the banking system at anyone time in order to prevent shocks.

Which is kind of unneeded with the Japanese saving preference but still kind of makes sense.

I think Chris Rock (maybe some other comedian?) had a similar theory with regards to atms closing and social control.

99% of the reasons you'd ever need to withdraw $400 at 2am are bad ones.

Look man

I need 300 tacos

It's just

just trust me it'll be awesome.
    edited May 2013
    Though when I'm buying tacos at 2AM, $400 tends to only get me a couple hours.
    Shivahn on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    mazzyx

what would you do if you had predicated a crucial bit of a paper due in 24 hours on some elementary analytical work which you thought you could reproduce but can't

Freak and keep trying?

I have a lot of writing to do today but nothing like that since I finished my stata work earlier

I did the end analysis whilst assuming all the summary stats the assumptions of the end analysis are based on all hold

and now it turns out I can't get ANY of them to work

everything points in the wrong direction, my T values are consistently about 2x his which messes some of the tests but not others

I am guessing his methodology is crap then? Because there maybe something in there you are missing not just his statistics. That methodology should be reproducible. Maybe he has an odd assumption or alteration you are missing.

I would skip looking at his results and first look at his methods again and read through them to see if you are actually reproducing them or just thought you were.

Also I am so use to data being faulty now I never assume it will come out the way it should.
    falasig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Okay sure but most of the ATMs here closed at 7 or 9 pm.

Plenty if reasons to want to withdraw money after those hours in an international airport.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/TogeProductions/infectonator-2

I just wasted your entire day

you're welcome
    TehSpectre on
    sigvf.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    so, anyone would be down with playing a lil game of Raiders and Relics with me today?
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

your welcome

No, my welcome.

(P.S. That is old. Like the hills)
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

your welcome

Jokes on you my entire life is a waste!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Okay sure but most of the ATMs here closed at 7 or 9 pm.

Plenty if reasons to want to withdraw money after those hours in an international airport.

Japan cares not about your white man's convenience only the greater good.

Actually part of me can see this being Japanese being anti-foreigner because they do things like that in a passive aggressive way.

I never really ran into it, because of where I lived I tried to get in in the afternoon since then I could just ride the train home and be home by dinner.
    falasig.png
    so, anyone would be down with playing a lil game of Raiders and Relics with me today?

Do you have a mobile app?
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    soundtrack to run to y/y?

61fAu1aHyKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    mazzyx

what would you do if you had predicated a crucial bit of a paper due in 24 hours on some elementary analytical work which you thought you could reproduce but can't

Freak and keep trying?

I have a lot of writing to do today but nothing like that since I finished my stata work earlier

I did the end analysis whilst assuming all the summary stats the assumptions of the end analysis are based on all hold

everything points in the wrong direction, my T values are consistently about 2x his which messes some of the tests but not others

I am guessing his methodology is crap then? Because there maybe something in there you are missing not just his statistics. That methodology should be reproducible. Maybe he has an odd assumption or alteration you are missing.

I would skip looking at his results and first look at his methods again and read through them to see if you are actually reproducing them or just thought you were.

Also I am so use to data being faulty now I never assume it will come out the way it should.

he's literally explaining "how to do a cointegration test by two-stage ADF" equation-by-equation

this is summary statistics level stuff. I was supposed to be done with this four hours ago. Test, write down similar number, put in Word doc. Instead I'm getting results pointing all over the place.

No.

The game is barely at a prototype stage here, I don't know how to code and i don't know any programmers willing to make a mobile app for an incomplete game pro bono...
    desc wrote: »
    soundtrack to run to y/y?

61fAu1aHyKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Wrong answers.

The correct answer is Double Yes.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    So I put my gaming PC up on Craigstlist a couple months ago, and haven't gotten any replies. But now
    To whom it may concern,

I am interested in the computer you have for sale. I have few questions and am interested in purchasing it. What operating system does it run? The machine looks to be in excellent condition. This is a serious inquiry. Thanks for your time.
    A) I don't know if it actually is a "serious inquiry."
    B) Now I potentially have to decide whether getting a thousand bucks in exchange for being out of a gaming PC is worth it.
    network_sig2.png

No.

The game is barely at a prototype stage here, I don't know how to code and i don't know any programmers willing to make a mobile app for an incomplete game pro bono...

I was joking

But also i cant help cuz i only has mobile phone
    The ATM thing has never bugged me before because when you live in Japan it is easy to plan around.

It's just very daft for an international airport and caught me by surprise.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    mazzyx

Freak and keep trying?

he's literally explaining "how to do a cointegration test by two-stage ADF" equation-by-equation

this is summary statistics level stuff. I was supposed to be done with this four hours ago. Test, write down similar number, put in Word doc. Instead I'm getting results pointing all over the place.

Well either his stuff is wrong your stuff is. At this point go step by step with 0 assumptions that it should be right and redo it. Or go with your results you have and try to explain why you are getting them.
    falasig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Closing times on ATMs defeats the point of ATMs.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    this is a really fascinating experience. my little brother stole money from me (and already spent it and can't give it back). my aunt yelled at him for a few minutes but won't allow me to 'do' anything about it. ultimately there are going to be no consequences for him.
    The ATM thing has never bugged me before because when you live in Japan it is easy to plan around.

It is the worst during New Years and Golden Week because you need money but they are never open.

I think there are some 24 hour atms in Tokyo at 7-11s if you want to try those.

The only 24 hour atms I know in Japan are in conbinis.
    falasig.png

No.

I was joking

You don't even have a laptop computer?

I am baffled someone would not have a single computer...
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    this is a really fascinating experience. my little brother stole money from me (and already spent it and can't give it back). my aunt yelled at him for a few minutes but won't allow me to 'do' anything about it. ultimately there are going to be no consequences for him.

fuck this thieving earth
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    God. I made Sim versions of me and Sarksus and clearly made it so we're boyfriend and girlfriend in the game. At first they were all over each other and I'm like "This has never happened to me in a Sim game before"

BUT NOW ALL THESE OTHER BITCHES WANT HIS D. Like, this heifer from across the way is all "OooOooOOH, we have SO MUCH in common. I would LOVE to get to know you better" and I'm like "Step off, heifer"

but then the neighbors come to visit and they're all chicks and they're all hitting on him! And my sim is just standing there watching this go down like this:

FDSsQPV.jpg

No.

I was joking

My personal computer is The Cloud, bro.
    network_sig2.png
    mim, making sims to ape your relationship is step 1. step 2 involves cats, and step 3 involves your vagina being dryer and lonelier than the cave from aladdin.

Become Batman and take the law in your own hands, obviously.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    No electronic service should ever have a closing period

Hell if it were at all feasible I'd want absolutely everything running 24/7
    CDIOl.png

i can't.

It is the worst during New Years and Golden Week because you need money but they are never open.

I think there are some 24 hour atms in Tokyo at 7-11s if you want to try those.

The only 24 hour atms I know in Japan are in conbinis.

Stuck in Haneda until the first monorail anyway. From there hopefully we can snag an ATM somewhere and catch the first shink to Tohoku.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Hamurabi wrote: »

No.

I was joking

Still, i find that bafflin'.

computrons are useful, they had the original "apps" dontcha know!
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular

Man I'm really sorry to hear that, Chu

Do you have some way to keep your stuff locked up or anything?
    CDIOl.png

i can't.

Not with that attitude, that's for sure.

C'mon, chu, say it with me.

"I AM THE NIGHT"
    mim, making sims to ape your relationship is step 1. step 2 involves cats, and step 3 involves your vagina being dryer and lonelier than the cave from aladdin.

And full of treasure to lure unsuspecting men, only to vanish in front of their eyes as the cave swallows them like a giant Venus fly trap.
    network_sig2.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    > model <- VAR(df[,c("lngdp","lnm1")],lag.max=8,type="both",season=4)

> causality(model, cause="lngdp")
    $Granger

Granger causality H0: lngdp do not Granger-cause lnm1

data:  VAR object model 
    F-Test = 5.18, df1 = 1, df2 = 288, p-value = 0.02358

$Instant

H0: No instantaneous causality between: lngdp and lnm1

Chi-squared = 4.6832, df = 1, p-value = 0.03046

> causality(model, cause="lnm1")
    $Granger

Granger causality H0: lnm1 do not Granger-cause lngdp

F-Test = 3e-04, df1 = 1, df2 = 288, p-value = 0.9873

$Instant

H0: No instantaneous causality between: lnm1 and lngdp

Chi-squared = 4.6832, df = 1, p-value = 0.03046

booyeah

Man I'm really sorry to hear that, Chu

Do you have some way to keep your stuff locked up or anything?

i do and usually i am pretty careful about it but i guess i slipped up.
    Hamurabi wrote: »

No.

I was joking

Still, i find that bafflin'.

computrons are useful, they had the original "apps" dontcha know!

Haha

Grandpa's so funny.

It's like when he calls the People's Western Province the US.
  • MimMim Registered User regular

What

my vagina is NEVER DRY
This discussion has been closed.