Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    schrodinger still posts in the community thread

huh

Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, etc.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    That doesn't look like cake. That looks like fruit arranged pleasingly with whipped cream or icing decorating them. Is there cake underneath.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also since I went to the trouble of finding the pictures from last 17th of may, have some more.
    838472-10-1337544674369.jpg
    838472-10-1337545778217.jpg
    838472-10-1337545801244.jpg
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That doesn't look like cake. That looks like fruit arranged pleasingly with whipped cream or icing decorating them. Is there cake underneath.

It's Norwegian. Just go with it.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Sarksus wrote: »

yes.
    xlh6c3.png
    my skeletal hands keep making cameos in these.
    xlh6c3.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    on the one hand, if you strongly dislike a thing then posting about it nonstop in a thread mostly full of enthusiasts over and over is kind of a dick move.

but on the other hand, it sounds fucking hilarious and i am a devoted fan of all things troll-esque.
    I've never celebrated the 17th anywhere but in Stavanger.

One notable difference: Hulen's birthday is also on the 17th. So the hulen people have their own little procession.

7289581030_6337b2ca58_c.jpg
    xlh6c3.png
    dang

look at that pale lilac hair

hulen here i cum ehehehehe
    Organichu wrote: »
    dang

currently her hair is pink
    xlh6c3.png
    the main difference: Bergen has the Bow Corps. Which are a special local kind of thing.

xlh6c3.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    dang

Chu you an I have similar taste.

Pink is fine too.
    falasig.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    @evilbob

how good was that speech? Goddamn
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Abdhy what is the average height of a Norwegian woman?

Should I move to your country y/n
    Shivahn wrote: »

My guess shorter than the Czechs.

Holy fuck are Czechs tall.
    falasig.png
    apparently women in norway are only very slightly taller than women in the US. wiki says 5'5.5" (in a 'comprehensive' study versus 5'7" in a less representative one)
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    apparently I have 4000 points

how are points worked out?
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

Netherlands is your best bet!
    Statistically, the tallest people in the world, as measured by country are the Dutch. The average height for all adults for the Netherlands is 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m). This great leap in height is a huge change for Holland, where about 100 years ago, 25% of men who attempted to join the army were rejected as being too short, less than 62 inches (1.57 m) tall.

There are taller people belonging to certain populations within countries. This is especially true of the Maasai people, who live in parts of Tanzania and Kenya. But as a whole, the citizens living in the Netherlands are on average, the tallest people. Even people who have immigrated to the Netherlands from other parts of the world are taller on average than their racial groups in their countries of origin.

Standing next to the Dutch, almost shoulder to shoulder, are the Danes. Average height in Denmark is 6 feet (1.83 m). Americans, who once were the tallest people, have fallen in stature and are on average about 5 feet 9 inches (1.76 m) for men.

Researchers have attempted to account for what makes a certain country have the tallest people and conclude that factors for height include a combination of genetics and nutrition. The Dutch, several hundred years ago, were some of the tallest people in the world. Uneven distribution of wealth, poor nutrition, and years of bad crops certainly contributed to keeping the Dutch shorter for many years. From a genetic standpoint, though, the Dutch could have been the tallest people sooner with appropriate nutrition, especially during early childhood years.

Those who study these statistics suggest that the Dutch emphasis on early childhood care, a diet rich in dairy products and thus high in protein, and a fairly even distribution of wealth have contributed to making the Dutch the world’s tallest people. In contrast, in America, pockets of poverty, which contribute to poor childhood nutrition and lack of available healthcare, as well as immigration of shorter racial groups to America, have resulted in a shorter average height.

Being the tallest people in the world is not without disadvantage. In recent years, the Dutch have had to make changes to building codes in order to provide taller doorframes, and more "height" friendly aspects to each new building and auto design. Further, the measurement is “average height” which means some people far exceed 6 feet 1 inch. Some people are significantly taller and may stand nearly 7 feet (2.13 m) tall, which can make traveling in the average car quite uncomfortable.
    - http://www.wisegeek.org/which-country-has-the-tallest-people.htm
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Mazzyx wrote: »

My guess shorter than the Czechs.

Holy fuck are Czechs tall.

Huh, that's not a thing I would've expected!

Actually the comparison would be kind of bad since I know the average American woman's height, but.. I shouldn't compare myself to that, because the average white American woman's height is both more relevant and pretty different.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I wanted to know the price of blueberries in this promised land? I love me some blueberries, but with how expensive they are here, I can only imagine what importing them would be like. Probably fuck up the quality most of the time too, like Argentinean ones.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    Tav wrote: »
    apparently I have 4000 points

how are points worked out?

Agrees, awesomes, and some badges.
    falasig.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Had the best rueben at lunch today.

Warm, gooey, not to big or too small.

And he tipped like 25% when we were done.
    Lh96QHG.png

Netherlands is your best bet!
    Statistically, the tallest people in the world, as measured by country are the Dutch. The average height for all adults for the Netherlands is 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m). This great leap in height is a huge change for Holland, where about 100 years ago, 25% of men who attempted to join the army were rejected as being too short, less than 62 inches (1.57 m) tall.

There are taller people belonging to certain populations within countries. This is especially true of the Maasai people, who live in parts of Tanzania and Kenya. But as a whole, the citizens living in the Netherlands are on average, the tallest people. Even people who have immigrated to the Netherlands from other parts of the world are taller on average than their racial groups in their countries of origin.

Standing next to the Dutch, almost shoulder to shoulder, are the Danes. Average height in Denmark is 6 feet (1.83 m). Americans, who once were the tallest people, have fallen in stature and are on average about 5 feet 9 inches (1.76 m) for men.

Researchers have attempted to account for what makes a certain country have the tallest people and conclude that factors for height include a combination of genetics and nutrition. The Dutch, several hundred years ago, were some of the tallest people in the world. Uneven distribution of wealth, poor nutrition, and years of bad crops certainly contributed to keeping the Dutch shorter for many years. From a genetic standpoint, though, the Dutch could have been the tallest people sooner with appropriate nutrition, especially during early childhood years.

Those who study these statistics suggest that the Dutch emphasis on early childhood care, a diet rich in dairy products and thus high in protein, and a fairly even distribution of wealth have contributed to making the Dutch the world’s tallest people. In contrast, in America, pockets of poverty, which contribute to poor childhood nutrition and lack of available healthcare, as well as immigration of shorter racial groups to America, have resulted in a shorter average height.

Being the tallest people in the world is not without disadvantage. In recent years, the Dutch have had to make changes to building codes in order to provide taller doorframes, and more "height" friendly aspects to each new building and auto design. Further, the measurement is “average height” which means some people far exceed 6 feet 1 inch. Some people are significantly taller and may stand nearly 7 feet (2.13 m) tall, which can make traveling in the average car quite uncomfortable.
    - http://www.wisegeek.org/which-country-has-the-tallest-people.htm

Holy fuck yes.

It'd be nice to be shorter than tons of other people/tons of women.

Instead of 98th percentile.
    Though 98th percentile is not horrific. Still pretty darned tall though.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Abdhy just found out my buddy has a flock of female Norwegian exchange students at his house for a while. Give me some inside info
    G2Dcf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    apparently ladies from the netherlands are ~5'6.5"

notbad.obamajpg
    Organichu on
    My glorious average 5'7".

Well below average but still with in range.
    falasig.png
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    I like unnaturally colored hair

a single line of purple/pink/green/blue in a girls hair can take her from a 6 to a 10
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Buekorps (Bow corps/Archery brigades)
    17.mai.2012%20002.jpg
    17.mai.2012%20015.jpg
    17.mai.2012%20034.jpg
    17.mai.2012%20036.jpg
    17.mai.2012%20047.jpg

Other stuff:
    Skjermbilde-2013-04-07-kl.-17.36.26-720x8861.png
    MG_2982-720x951.jpg
    17.-mai-1-2010-13-682x10241.jpg

May the 17th is a cool day to be in Bergen.
    xlh6c3.png
    I was actually at a couple friends' house yesterday.

The wife is about as tall as me or maybe slightly taller.

But flatter even after just a few months.

I unfortunately can't rub her face in it since I'm not out. But I did giggle.
    abd get this sea of white faces out of my sight
    Only after I sail the seas of a couple of those women sailors.

I am guessing they are sailors by the anchor on the uniform.
    falasig.png
    I have a love/hate relationship with thick cut applewood bacon. The flavor and the melt in your mouth fat content provide an explosion in your mouth, but it is tempered by the fact that it just can't get crispy like thinly sliced bacon

*sigh*
    Ludious wrote: »
    I have a love/hate relationship with thick cut applewood bacon. The flavor and the melt in your mouth fat content provide an explosion in your mouth, but it is tempered by the fact that it just can't get crispy like thinly sliced bacon

*sigh*

that's optimal, dogg. chewy bacon reigns supreme.
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    I wanted to know the price of blueberries in this promised land? I love me some blueberries, but with how expensive they are here, I can only imagine what importing them would be like. Probably fuck up the quality most of the time too, like Argentinean ones.

they weren't imported, they were from our garden.

American blueberries is the type - the ones that have sorta white flesh.
    xlh6c3.png

racist.
    xlh6c3.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

racist.

i see them and i'm just consumed with hatred. how dare they marry or reproduce.
    Abd that guy in the first picture of your second post looks suspiciously like someone...

5e_030Munro.jpg
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Only after I sail the seas of a couple of those women sailors.

I am guessing they are sailors by the anchor on the uniform.

They're navy. Haakonsvern is close and one of the biggest naval bases in Norway.
    xlh6c3.png
    Ludious wrote: »

*sigh*

that's optimal, dogg. chewy bacon reigns supreme.

WHAT WOULD A JEW KNOW ABOUT BACON
This discussion has been closed.