Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Also Doctor Robotnik Not Eggman Teach The Controversy looks creepy when drawn semi-realistically.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    See, I personally feel like the layered-sugary-thing-to-make-cake-surfaces-appear-flat thing is kind of cheating.

I mean, the things they manage to do with them are still insanely impressive and not something I could ever do myself... but still.
    network_sig2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    my mental stuff is getting really bad so i'm gonna start posting in chat less often or not at all for a little bit. laila tov. :P
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Got carried away sniffing wine. Took a slug of it up the nose.

I'm having a bad time. Really bad.

Wait, are you wine tasting? I have a wine tasting tip that may make it more fun.

Well I'm drinking wine. So yes.

Alright, first step stop smelling it.

You'll wear out your olfactory nerve.

Take a small sip (1/8 oz or 3/4 teaspoon, about the size of a sip of hot coffee) and let it sit in your mouth naturally. No swishing or chewing or funny business. It'll kind of settle by the tip of your tongue.

Give it 15-20 seconds. There may be some tingling, but that's fine ignore it.

Then swallow about 1/4 of what's in your mouth.

When you exhale through your nose after swallowing that's when your now magnified sense of smell will work for you.

After 5-6 seconds (or more if you like) swallow the next 1/4.

Repeat till that sip is gone.

Now smell the wine in the glass and take another tiny sip, this time swallowing normally.

It's kind of a process, but it's really really cool how it works.
    That's pretty damn effective (although I think you've been sold some bullshit on the idea of wearing out your olfactory nerve)

Although I really enjoy swishing it around and smelling it prior to tasting. That way you get to really pick up the distinction between the smell and the taste.I suppose it works fine this way round, but you're holding wine in your mouth so can't discuss it.

Olfactory fatigue

In particular this section:
    It is a term commonly used in wine tasting, where one loses the ability to smell and distinguish wine bouquet after sniffing at wine(s) continuously for an extended period of time.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    my mental stuff is getting really bad so i'm gonna start posting in chat less often or not at all for a little bit. laila tov. :P

Take care.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I see FCC is visiting me

(it is raining here)
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

Wait, are you wine tasting? I have a wine tasting tip that may make it more fun.

Take a small sip (1/8 oz or 3/4 teaspoon, about the size of a sip of hot coffee) and let it sit in your mouth naturally. No swishing or chewing or funny business. It'll kind of settle by the tip of your tongue.

When you exhale through your nose after swallowing that's when your now magnified sense of smell will work for you.

Now smell the wine in the glass and take another tiny sip, this time swallowing normally.

That's pretty damn effective (although I think you've been sold some bullshit on the idea of wearing out your olfactory nerve)

Although I really enjoy swishing it around and smelling it prior to tasting. That way you get to really pick up the distinction between the smell and the taste.I suppose it works fine this way round, but you're holding wine in your mouth so can't discuss it.

Olfactory fatigue

It is a term commonly used in wine tasting, where one loses the ability to smell and distinguish wine bouquet after sniffing at wine(s) continuously for an extended period of time.
    Oh, well that's obvious. I thought you meant something permanent.

Very good. Continue.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Bag stupid rare SNES games being expensive.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Veggie coconut curry and ice tea. Today is good.
    Mazzyx on
    falasig.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular

Good luck
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Anyone up for some neverwinter?

Good luck organic hu.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    ILyEoaj.png
    Good luck Chu.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

Good luck

Hey, "laila" is an Arabic word. You give that back! Arabic is the True Semitic Heir!
    network_sig2.png

Olfactory fatigue

Oh, well that's obvious. I thought you meant something permanent.

Very good. Continue.

Less of a thing if you're only tasting one wine instead of say ten, but I still find its nice to come at the flavor without bias.
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Good luck

Hey, "laila" is an Arabic word. You give that back! Arabic is the True Semitic Heir!

I bet you stole it from Hebrew.

Word thieves.
    falasig.png
    The episode 5, series 1 discussion between Holly and Lister about erasing Agatha Christie from Holly's memory banks is quite delightful
    @Tav: wut
    Cinders wrote: »

I just got done with some of that >.>

Maybe in a bit. I'm fatigued from staying up too late last night.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Good luck

I bet you stole it from Hebrew.

Word thieves.

ya'll all stole your languages from Akkadian (though more directly via the dialects of bronze age Canaan)
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    The episode 5, series 1 discussion between Holly and Lister about erasing Agatha Christie from Holly's memory banks is quite delightful

the reveal at the end of "Queeg" is still so good as well
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Shivahn wrote: »

That sounds like me yesterday. I was up till 4 on Friday helping my drunk neighbor. >.>

As soon as I finished moving on Saturday, I basically just crashed for the rest of the day.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Tav: wut

SWTOR technical support is only for paying customers!
    Shivahn wrote: »

That sounds like me yesterday. I was up till 4 on Friday helping my drunk neighbor. >.>

As soon as I finished moving on Saturday, I basically just crashed for the rest of the day.

Yeah sleep is important it turns out.

I thought I only needed it when I or a party member was wounded or out of MP. But nope.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Man Blasto is a TERRIBLE game

captain blasto?
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

video games are awful
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think I'll start watching this Hannibal thing. Mads Mikkelsen is a good actor. I have high hopes.
    xlh6c3.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    oh shit, before i bounce for a while i forgot:

@mim
    @elendil

my brother robbed me so i am not coming to the museum thing saturday. please have fun. fuck my life.

love,
    john

bai

KALMEM
    Password: Override
    Discussion: "Agatha Cristie Novels Sketch"; Dwarf, Red
    ERASE
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I am currently sitting outside of Olive Garden

Why for this place you like mom

Watever
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

Watever

Are "your mom" jokes verboten today?
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Watever

She wants to see how much you love her by making you eat garbage.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

tech support staff for a thing that costs millions a year to maintain and hundreds of millions to develop should obviously be free.
    meat.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Bag stupid rare SNES games being expensive.

like what?
    Pfft. If you think you guys get confused about Mother's Day, imagine poor old me. I get inundated with UK Mother's Day stuff here, US stuff online, then have been away just long enough from NZ that I usually forget it.
This discussion has been closed.